Hi guys,

My beloved Priv has became so slow to the point where it's not usable.

The problem came from nowhere in the middle of a working day. I just pick up the phone and unlocked it when this problem occurred.

The phone is never-lock version bought on the European marker but I don't know exactly where because I got it secondhand and I'm not able anymore to get that information.

Restoring the OS and also 3 times re-flashing of "bbry_qc8992_autoloader_user-common-AAH995" didn't help and the phone is slowed down even at blackberry logo on the early startup of the phone.

You can see what am I talking about in this video:

Please HELP!
    01-15-17 09:37 AM
    Hi guys,

The problem came from nowhere in the middle of a working day. I just pick up the phone and unlocked it when this problem occurred.

The phone is never-lock version bought on the European marker but I don't know exactly where because I got it secondhand and I'm not able anymore to get that information.

Restoring the OS and also 3 times re-flashing of "bbry_qc8992_autoloader_user-common-AAH995" didn't help and the phone is slowed down even at blackberry logo on the early startup of the phone.

Please HELP!
    I can't even guess what might cause such a slow down. Did you even get the phone wet? I saw it was plugged in. What was it plugged in to? Power adapter and charging, or computer for data transfer? What adapter? What model? 1, 2, 3, 4??

I don't know if apps affect the reboot time (I would think that they would not). But when you loaded the new OS, did you also restore all of your apps and data?

Oh, sd-card? how large? How much data is on it? Used as removable or extended memory? Have you tried removing the sim card?

And what OS (sorry, I don't know the autoloader versions)?
    01-15-17 09:55 AM
    No water damaged, it's same when it's off the power, same without apps and fresh install, no sd-card, no sim, OS 6.0.1, Model 3
    Last edited by stevan4; 01-15-17 at 10:48 AM. Reason: adding info
    01-15-17 10:06 AM
    I've never seem something like before! It's really weird. Almost looks like you have completely run out of RAM and the phone is trying to use swap space or something. Hope you find an answer to this. So I can know to. Just in case I can help someone in the future.

Oh wait I know what you did. You put a Snapdragon S4 Plus inside it didn't you! Haha

Posted via BlackBerry Leap (Crackberry Edition)
    01-15-17 12:12 PM
    No water damaged, it's same when it's off the power, same without apps and fresh install, no sd-card, no sim, OS 6.0.1, Model 3
    Well, Matty's post brought to mind a few suggestions. I don't think BB Virtual Expert tests speed but it might contain some test that is revealing. Along those same lines, maybe there is some 3rd party testing apps in the Google Play store. They might check certain aspects of the cpu and its "cores" (I don't recall those core specs). I don't know if part of a cpu or whatever runs inside of these things can go bad while the device keeps on working but slower.

If you remove sd-card and sim card and just load a video file, how does it play the movie? What about an mp3 music file? Do those play at regular speed?

Some game???
    01-15-17 12:57 PM
    Games, apps, youtube and mp4 side loaded videos, mp3s - everything is performed at very low speed.

Geekbench results showing real CPU score (for a SD808) and very low GPU score. (same for AnTuTu etc.)
    01-15-17 01:08 PM
    It's happens to me too how do you stop it I go back to bb10 right now if not for apps
    01-15-17 01:38 PM
    Games, apps, youtube and mp4 side loaded videos, mp3s - everything is performed at very low speed.

Geekbench results showing real CPU score (for a SD808) and very low GPU score. (same for AnTuTu etc.)
    Geekbench 4.0.4

Single core 1176 (Samsung Galaxy s7 1806)
    Multi core 2692 ( " " 5213)

I guess it is not burning up the world. But I don't know how it compares with your 'slow" unit.
    01-15-17 05:20 PM
    Download OS Monitor. And see what's the top contender for CPU.

Or go to settings and see what app is the culprit for the RAM usage.

That should get you started.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-15-17 10:32 PM
    Try going to Settings/ Storage & USB/ Internal storage/ Cached data/ and select OK to Clear cached data for all apps. This has worked for me when my phone has gotten slow and also fixed an SD card issue I was having. This does not clear any important user data and I've never had any ill effects except having to reset a ringtone selection.
    01-19-17 01:07 PM
    Hi guys,

Please HELP!
    Mine was awful too...so I got a new SIM card yesterday from AT&T. It's like a whole new device. I can't explain how much it helped. Snappy, strong signal, GPS is way better. Try it!
    FF22 likes this.
    01-19-17 01:51 PM
    Could it have a virus or some malware on it?

Posted via CB10
    01-19-17 05:22 PM
    Mine was awful too...so I got a new SIM card yesterday from AT&T. It's like a whole new device. I can't explain how much it helped. Snappy, strong signal, GPS is way better. Try it!
    A while back I had trouble with my old Sim card. I kept getting a memo that it needed updating. I got one from the my carrier (T-Mobile) and have had smooth sailing so far since then.
    01-19-17 10:42 PM
    Try going to Settings/ Storage & USB/ Internal storage/ Cached data/ and select OK to Clear cached data for all apps. This has worked for me when my phone has gotten slow and also fixed an SD card issue I was having. This does not clear any important user data and I've never had any ill effects except having to reset a ringtone selection.
    Wow did that make a difference. I had 5 gigs of cache that got deleted. It took me down to 75% internal memory used and the phone is like new. Excellent advice and much needed. My phone was getting slow and sluggish too. 32 second resets weren't doing it anymore!
    01-21-17 08:25 PM
    What SD issues were you having? I am curious.

Mine sometimes randomly gets unexpectedly unmounted even though I didn't eject it at all.
    01-22-17 12:42 AM
    That is good advice to give. I will quote this regularly thanks
    01-22-17 12:49 AM
    What SD issues were you having? I am curious.

Mine sometimes randomly gets unexpectedly unmounted even though I didn't eject it at all.
    I'm glad this is helping some of you. The SD card issues I was having were that when I plugged the phone into the computer via USB cable sometimes I could not see the files in folders that were created with the computer. They were always there if I put the SD card into the computer directly but could not be read with the SD card in the phone and plugged in. Resetting the cache made them visible. I'm not certain why but I believe it's because the phone might cache some of the stuff on the SD card instead of reading it in real time each time.
    KuroKei likes this.
    01-22-17 04:44 PM
    That is good advice to give. I will quote this regularly thanks
    Thanks. I'm glad it's helping some people here. The forum has been instrumental in keeping me productive with my BB. I don't post often but I do try to share quality information
    zocster likes this.
    01-22-17 04:47 PM
    That's good to know found the same issue but
    It wasn't a big issue for me putting it directly into the pic but I may try it out clearing cache then connecting to pm to see my SD card
    01-22-17 05:18 PM
    That's good to know found the same issue but
    It wasn't a big issue for me putting it directly into the pic but I may try it out clearing cache then connecting to pm to see my SD card
    Please share with us if it works for you also when you try it. I'd like to get the information out there to the others but didn't want to put it out there until others had success with it in the event it only worked for my phone for whatever reason.
    01-22-17 05:37 PM
    I can't even guess what might cause such a slow down. Did you even get the phone wet? I saw it was plugged in. What was it plugged in to? Power adapter and charging, or computer for data transfer? What adapter? What model? 1, 2, 3, 4??

I don't know if apps affect the reboot time (I would think that they would not). But when you loaded the new OS, did you also restore all of your apps and data?

Oh, sd-card? how large? How much data is on it? Used as removable or extended memory? Have you tried removing the sim card?

And what OS (sorry, I don't know the autoloader versions)?
    Ditto for me.
    05-01-17 12:43 PM