Hello all,

I know this may be redundant or remedial for some, but I just wanted to share what I discovered while trying to enable the "Dark" theme for my new Blackberry PRIV. I apologize if this exact same instructional has been posted 82.5 million times here already.

However, this is aimed to give people a more direct answer to the question of: "where is the Dark Theme option on my PRIV?!?!"

If the Dark Theme is not displayed as an option in the BlackBerry Launcher or BlackBerry Hub settings, it is highly likely that you have a few apps that need to be updated. This was completely unknown to me, as my phone performed the standard "update every freaking app installed" routine, when I first started using it. I was under the impression that any app that required an update would have automatically updated, but this was not the case.

These are the apps and their current version (as of writing - 02/03/2018), that need to be updated to show the Dark Theme as an option:

1) BlackBerry Launcher - Version 1.1.7.8298
    2) BlackBerry Hub+ Services - Version 1.5.7.48696
    3) BlackBerry Hub (shows as "Hub" in the app drawer / all apps list) - Version 1.5.7.14191

To check for available updates, go directly to the Google Play Store, search for the apps, and install any updates that are available. The dark theme option should be there afterwards.

Enabling the Dark Theme in the launcher:
    1) Open app drawer.
    2) Tap on the gear in the upper right-hand corner of the app drawer.
    3) The Theme selection is located near the bottom of the settings list.

Enabling the Dark Theme in BlackBerry Hub:
    1) Open the BlackBerry Hub app.
    2) Tap on the three horizontally stacked lines in the upper left-hand corner.
    3) Tap on Settings.
    4) Tap on General Settings.
    5) The Dark Theme selection is located under Display, near the top of the General Settings list.

This is exactly what I did, and it worked.

Hooray.
    saint300 likes this.
    02-02-18 11:16 PM
    Well done.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-18 12:50 PM
    Thanks for the tip. It worked for me. Any way to have the parameters in dark mode too?
    04-06-22 12:20 PM