Last tuesday I was prompted with a system update, so I went ahead with the update but my blackberry priv ended up getting a system update error message with a little dead android robot image. However, the phone rebooted like normal and I didn't experience any problems.

A few hours later, I sent a text message, then 30 minutes later I checked my phone to check the time and noticed it crashed and it was stuck in a crash loop. I ended up having to press power plus volume down to get a menu to allow me to turn the phone off. Later that day I tried turning the phone on, but it kept crashing during boot-up, and other times it would crash a few seconds after it booted up while on the main screen.

Went to ATT and they were no help.

Later that night, I was able to get the phone on and it stayed on from 9:30pm till 11:30am the next day. It crashed once I put the phone in my pocket before leaving for work.

Later last night, when I got home from work, I was able to boot the phone up and the phone was able to last the night without crashing.

But this morning the phone crashed again when I put it in my pocket. (the only thing that's in my pocket is my wallet and change, same stuff that was always in the same pocket with the phone since forever.)

Throughout the past few days, I've done numerous resets and even experimented with putting the phone in safe mode. The phone still crashed while it was in safe mode and in my pocket. I also once had the phone crash when I simply held the phone upside down. Simply holding the phone upside down caused it to crash.

What could be the issue? Could there be any benefit to doing a factory reset? Because that's what I'm on the verge of doing because it's my last resort (I already saved everything important from the phone). Any ideas? Any idea what could be the problem?
    09-07-17 08:37 PM
    When you say crashing, do you mean it's rebooting at random? And the OS reloads successfully until it randomly reboots again? Or are you landing on the bootloader menu every time?

My PRIV will work like an all-star for months on end & then I'll have a couple consecutive days when it will reboot a few times a day at random. Sometimes it's in my pocket, or just sitting on the table doing nothing. Never have I found something that reboots it every time I do it. As in a specific app or function.

You might just clear the cache, 32 second reboot that bad boy & maybe it'll settle itself down. If you're constantly landing on the bootloader menu though, I would go the factory reset route & just start fresh.
    09-07-17 08:59 PM
    Yea, it reboots at random, but putting the phone in my pocket seems to trigger it to reboot, and I even have a lock screen. Sometimes it reboots successfully, but it's a chore to get it to reboot all the way. Sometimes it reboots before the phone even finish rebooting in the first place (like before it ever finish the shape sequence (the squares, circles, and triangles) and before it reaches the blackberry android icon during the boot sequence.
    09-07-17 09:07 PM
    I feel your pain. Every time I reboot successfully in 1 attempt, I consider it a victory. I've had it reboot 8 or 9 times before the OS finally loads. Gotta be gremlins or some sh*t.
    09-07-17 09:11 PM
    Yea, it reboots at random, but putting the phone in my pocket seems to trigger it to reboot, and I even have a lock screen. Sometimes it reboots successfully, but it's a chore to get it to reboot all the way. Sometimes it reboots before the phone even finish rebooting in the first place (like before it ever finish the shape sequence (the squares, circles, and triangles) and before it reaches the blackberry android icon during the boot sequence.
    09-07-17 09:36 PM
    Did a factory reset and the phone crashed/rebooted during the "erasing data" sequence. I thought my phone was bricked but I was able to reboot later to the phone set-up, but the phone crashed/rebooted halfway through the setup.
    09-07-17 09:37 PM
    Maybe go autoloader route? Thurask has a thread here with all the variants, etc. Good luck.
    09-08-17 10:48 AM