In North America, there is a company called "Cricket" which is off of ATT, does anyone know if the unlocked version of BB Passport and that new BB Priv will be compatible on their gsm network as of October 2015?

I contacted Cricket using their chat system and the person on the other end said "its too new, we don't know yet" and then tried to upsell me some Microsoft phone garbage.

All I want to know is if Blackberry Passport and Blackberry Priv will be compatible on Cricket?
    Last edited by Jimmysmoulder422; 10-22-15 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Mispell
    10-22-15 11:00 PM
    Does cricket activate unlocked hspa devices?

If yes, YES
    If no, NO

In Squircle I Trust
    10-22-15 11:05 PM
    I can't imagine it's possible that they wouldn't support it, they support my mom's Passport.
    10-23-15 12:16 AM
    I have cricket and every unlocked phone I've bought has worked.

I'm positive the priv will work too!
    ZayDub and kbrant64 like this.
    10-23-15 02:37 AM
    I have cricket and every unlocked phone I've bought has worked.

I'm positive the priv will work too!
    I agree with MO3 -- my unlocked Classic and Passport SE work wonderfully on Cricket. I don't see the PRIV being any different

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    10-24-15 02:33 AM
    I agree with MO3 -- my unlocked Classic and Passport SE work wonderfully on Cricket. I don't see the PRIV being any different

BBM Channel: C002165D3 Tour 9630 > Bold 9650 > Q10 > Playbook > Classic AND Passport SE!!!
    Also not to mention that sweet sweet 5 gig data plan for 45 bucks a month.

Went from paying 100 bucks a month in Verizon to cricket. No regrets.
    kbrant64 likes this.
    10-24-15 02:38 AM
    Yes. You can use a unlocked or a att locked Priv on Cricket. All att phones work on cricket without having to be unlocked.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 02:43 AM
    Also not to mention that sweet sweet 5 gig data plan for 45 bucks a month.

Went from paying 100 bucks a month in Verizon to cricket. No regrets.
    The plans are awesome as well. I have the 2.5gigs for 35. Previously had Sprint and was paying $75 a month w/ an employer discount for the Everything 450 (mins) -- unlimited data, but it was useless due to poor connectivity. Cut that bill in half w/ cricket, as I never exceeded a gig a month on Sprint.

10-24-15 02:44 AM
    The plans are awesome as well. I have the 2.5gigs for 35. Previously had Sprint and was paying $75 a month w/ an employer discount for the Everything 450 (mins) -- unlimited data, but it was useless due to poor connectivity. Cut that bill in half w/ cricket, as I never exceeded a gig a month on Sprint.

Yeah I'm super glad cricket uses AT&T's towers. I had cricket about 5 years ago and they were pretty bad.
    10-24-15 02:46 AM
    Me too! Before sprint (last 8-9yrs) I was with att. Can't beat atts signal strength, and even better to get it for half the price w/ cricket

MO3iusONE and kbrant64 like this.
    10-24-15 02:59 AM
    COOL!! Thank you everybody!
    ZayDub likes this.
    10-24-15 08:12 PM
    I use my passport on cricket without issue, priv shouldn't be too much of a difference signal wise

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 09:39 PM
    I am super pleased with Cricket for my Passport SE. Glad Passport does not work on Sprint, my former provider. Had been unhappy with Sprint for a number of years because of poor connection but did nothing about it. The Passport forced me to look elsewhere and I first looked at AT&T but then discovered Cricket which uses AT&T's cell towers but with cheaper plans (prepaid). The salesperson at the store was very helpful and sweet. I absent-mindedly forgot my wallet and with some coaxing, she agreed to pay for me first and I went back the next day to pay her back plus a generous tip which she refused to take but which I insisted she keep. Saving a considerable sum each month with Cricket.
    ZayDub likes this.
    10-25-15 11:53 AM
    Just to make sure I understand - I don't have to get my phone unlocked in order to switch from ATT to Cricket? Because if that's the case, come the end of December, I'm a Cricket customer.

C.
    11-16-15 02:51 PM
    All,

I have 2 questions for those using priv on cricket:

1. What is the difference between cricket and straight talk?
    2. Do you lose wi fi calling with cricket?
    01-01-16 12:03 PM
    Is anyone using the hot spot feature on their Priv on Cricket? I am willing to pay the $10 they charge for it, but the Priv is not listed as a compatible phone on their website. I was wondering if anyone had a workaround for that as it is something I use regularly on my Verizon iPhone.
    03-12-16 07:19 PM
    In North America, there is a company called "Cricket" which is off of ATT, does anyone know if the unlocked version of BB Passport and that new BB Priv will be compatible on their gsm network as of October 2015?

I contacted Cricket using their chat system and the person on the other end said "its too new, we don't know yet" and then tried to upsell me some Microsoft phone garbage.

All I want to know is if Blackberry Passport and Blackberry Priv will be compatible on Cricket?

Yes, both unlocked versions work on Cricket Wireless.

Rock'n the PRIV
    03-14-16 01:29 PM
    Is anyone else who is using the Priv on Cricket not able to receive MMS messages unless wifi is turned off?
    04-07-16 10:29 PM
    Yes. I downloaded the Yaata texting app. My Priv can now send MMS while on wifi now

Posted via the BlackBerry Priv
    04-08-16 09:52 AM
    i have a t-mobile priv, i unlocked the sim, and then it asked me for a PUC code called cricket and asked them for it and it said unsuccessful when i put the code, PUC is a pin for the sim card, any ideas?
    04-27-16 03:26 PM
    I just purchased the Priv yesterday and using Cricket Wireless. After setup imei with support immediately noticed the reception and signal bars are weak? 1-2 bars only, had support reset / refreshing the network but still did not work.
    I bought my phone unlocked at best buy, retail $650, the model is stv-100-1 and was later told that there are two models, the less expensive model sold out for $379 and it was the GSM network model, this more expensive model which is unlocked and available with all networks and overseas is the reason it cost $650. But I don't understand why the signal bars are always at 1-2 bars and never have reached full bars? Any comments or feedback? Thanks for chiming in,
    08-15-16 03:21 AM
    Oh by the way, I might add that I previously used the passport on the same network without any issues.
    08-15-16 03:23 AM
    I just purchased the Priv yesterday and using Cricket Wireless. After setup imei with support immediately noticed the reception and signal bars are weak? 1-2 bars only, had support reset / refreshing the network but still did not work.
    I bought my phone unlocked at best buy, retail $650, the model is stv-100-1 and was later told that there are two models, the less expensive model sold out for $379 and it was the GSM network model, this more expensive model which is unlocked and available with all networks and overseas is the reason it cost $650. But I don't understand why the signal bars are always at 1-2 bars and never have reached full bars? Any comments or feedback? Thanks for chiming in,
    Many threads on the little 'signal bars'. They will read lower than you are used to. Ignore them till you do get used to it. You can typically make clear calls, or browse the web with zero bars, (as long as it doesn't say 'no service'). If you want to browse and talk at the same time, it will normally take 2 bars.
    The majority of phones have those bars set artificially high, to give the customer a feel good. I believe the Priv to be one of the few that actually have somewhat accurate readings.
    The only way to accurately compare signal is to read the actual db,
    FF22 likes this.
    08-15-16 07:49 AM
    The real question is: Are you able to make and receive calls without issues? As Wezard noted, the bars don't seem to have any bearing on the quality of the calls. But if you are having issue then you might want to figure something out.
    08-15-16 09:07 AM
    -112 dbm is borderline, remember the scale is logarithmic, so -100 dbm is a pretty good signal.
    And it's negative numbers so -112 is lower than -110.
    I don't really understand the ASU, it's kinda connected to background noise, and it's a linear scale.
    A really low dbm with a nice high asu can still result in a good signal.
    And I believe 4G and LTE will work on lower signals than 3G / 2G

As F2 said, if it works, it ain't broke.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-15-16 09:32 AM
30 12