SmartSlide likely is just a marketing term to describe how the virtual keyboard will show or hide based on whether the physical keyboard is displayed. That's my guess, anyway.
    09-29-15 10:12 AM
    at the same time unlock it via your fingerprint
    Off Topic : Oh, please, no fingerprint thing ... or at least make it 100% optional !
    On Topic : Would be nice before Christmas shopping ...
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 09-29-15 at 11:32 AM.
    DarkJoker33 and will308 like this.
    09-29-15 10:22 AM
    Iris scan then! And two words, Chen -- Where and When!
    09-29-15 10:26 AM
    Unfortunately not major updates only 'security updates'

Of course you know that you can say this 1,000 more times and many here still will not accept that. There is still an on-going 10-page thread where the unfortunate are still splitting hairs over 10.3.3. That thread should be renamed BB10 is as dead as BB7.1 - as I note my 9850 received a security update the other day.
    JeepBB likes this.
    09-29-15 10:37 AM
    SmartSlide likely is just a marketing term to describe how the virtual keyboard will show or hide based on whether the physical keyboard is displayed. That's my guess, anyway.
    That's a good point. Maybe it should be 3D Slide then
    09-29-15 11:23 AM
    I initially read the thread title as *Fail*.

Because... y'know... we're quite used to that.
    09-29-15 04:22 PM
    "Privacy by Priv" would read better as "Priv for Privacy".
    "BlackBerry for All" is fine.
    "We are about to change the way you view BlackBerry forever." could do without "forever".
    AdamThatsIt, Omar Alsahli and FCSC like this.
    09-29-15 04:25 PM
    I read "SmartSlide" to mean swipe 'typing' on the physical keyboard; now that would be something.

Posted via CB10 via the Internets
    09-29-15 04:29 PM
    I am hoping they release the Priv sometime in October and I will be waiting to buy one the day it's available in the Blackberry store.
    09-29-15 04:51 PM
    Unlikely October, more likely mid november. Feel free to quote me
    09-29-15 05:01 PM
    Is this darn thing going to have Keyboard Substitutions like you type "myver" and it replaces with the OS version. And you can create your own substitutions as well? I would really miss that ability.
    09-29-15 06:43 PM
    Lol eye scanners and fingerprint scanners. Enough with that crap. Just type in a password and be done with it. :P

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 06:48 PM
    "SmartSlide" must be the watermark the cheapo 30-day trial slide-show creation tool the summer intern used to make these images embedded into the photo.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 06:53 PM
    Better for BlackBerry to release in Oct else will loose major market share. Specifically, in India, Oct & Nov are festive season, people buy new devices during this period.

Z30 10.3.2.2639 thru CB10
    bakron1 likes this.
    09-29-15 07:14 PM
    Lol eye scanners and fingerprint scanners. Enough with that crap. Just type in a password and be done with it. :P

Posted via CB10
    Even better, don't have password at all. I couldn't stand having to type a password every time I want to use a phone, what a waste of time. Only people that I want can pick up my phone without asking permission
    09-29-15 08:12 PM
    Even better, don't have password at all. I couldn't stand having to type a password every time I want to use a phone, what a waste of time. Only people that I want can pick up my phone without asking permission
    Have to agree....

I know a fingerprint reader isn't 100% secure, but it is better than nothing... which is what I'm force to use with my Z10. As I can't stand having to unlock my phone 40 times a day.
    09-30-15 07:41 AM
    Really? Tell that to a thief.
    09-30-15 07:50 AM
    The BB train leaves the station this Fall and I'm moving on with Priv. Life evolves.
    09-30-15 07:53 AM
    Really? Tell that to a thief.
    What I have on the phone is Important for me, not for anybody else. 99.9% of people that steal phones, steal for the phone itself to sell, not for the content. And I tell you, if you have a job that you have to pick a phone a lot, having password isn't even an option... finger print scanner is not so bad.

I work with very important media, but important professional stuff never should be stored on a device that is as volatile as a smartphone, save it in a cloud. 99% the people that I know that use password, use it so that people from family or GF/BF can't use the phone without watch...
    09-30-15 12:30 PM
    Have to agree....

I know a fingerprint reader isn't 100% secure, but it is better than nothing... which is what I'm force to use with my Z10. As I can't stand having to unlock my phone 40 times a day.
    Picture Password

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 12:49 PM
    I rather take a chance with local storage rather then any type of cloud. Accessibility can be an issue at times and security also.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 01:18 PM
    Picture Password

Posted via CB10
    Not even close to being as convent as the fingerprint reader.....

But the thing is... why not have it as an option for those that want it? How many flagship phones don't have a finger sensor for fingerprint scanning and heartbeat monitoring? If it doesn't meet the security needs of a corporate customer, the feature could be locked out. But for those that feel it is good enough for their security needs.... it's there.

I just think some of the little things like a fingerprint reader and waterproofing are the little things that consumers have come to expect from Android OEM's.

But then I'm not yet convinced that the PRIV is a consumer phone.....
    09-30-15 02:44 PM
    that page looks to be updated w/ new image and text... maybe they will do this regularly and give us more info???

BlackBerry Priv: Coming this *Fall* (BlackBerry Website)-prevbbsite.jpg

Priv - United States
    09-30-15 03:31 PM
    that page looks to be updated w/ new image and text... maybe they will do this regularly and give us more info???

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	prevbbsite.JPG 
Views:	1447 
Size:	47.8 KB 
ID:	373877

Priv - United States
    Like it, but the bottom of the screen isn't aligned with the phone. They must really be rushing these out.
    09-30-15 04:35 PM
    Like it, but the bottom of the screen isn't aligned with the phone. They must really be rushing these out.
    The picture itself looks terrible for the standards that these type of companys tend to use. Blackberry always had pictures that didn't make their phones look good, but this takes it to the next level. Phones like the Z10, z30,etc look so much better in person than Blackberry pictures. The priv is the same, it looks so great in the video that Chen shows it, but not so good in the pictures.
    09-30-15 07:20 PM
68 123