Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Hey yall, my Priv charge port is so loose the cable that came with it comes out practically by blowing on it. I have had to buy a new cord that fits better.

Also it says charging , disconnect, charging, disconnect on and on and on. Doesn't seem to be a secure connection. It's 4 months old through Verizon, could the company take care of this?
    09-04-16 05:29 PM
    It's 4 months old through Verizon, could the company take care of this?
    They could.. but will they? It's a question only they can answer and even then, it could depend on who you talk to and the mood they are in lol. Call them, tell them the issue, see if they'll give you a replacement.
    09-04-16 06:39 PM
    There's an excellent chance that the problem is the CABLE and not the phone's port.

BlackBerry Priv charge port super loose-usb-microb-plug-connector-4.jpg

MicroUSB plugs are easily bent, and if that happens, the two retention lugs, as seen in the right side of the photo, no longer stick out, or don't stick out as far. The lugs are there both to put tension on the connector once inserted and to help hold/lock it in place. If you rub your finger over the connector and can't feel those lugs prominently, then the connector has been bent and the cable needs to be replaced. A new cable will fit snugly into the phone's jack.
    09-04-16 08:21 PM
    Agree with that. I judiciously bite the micro usb cable end when it gets loose.

Your mileage may differ.

Ride or die:  PRIVelege-acy
    Last edited by CharlieV; 09-04-16 at 10:08 PM.
    09-04-16 08:40 PM
    Cool thanks yall I'll check all my cords when I get home and compare with the one that seems to work best
    09-04-16 09:48 PM
    But, yes, this should be covered under warranty if it is the phone and not just the cable.
    andy957 likes this.
    09-05-16 12:34 AM
    Agree with that. I judiciously bite the micro usb cable end when it gets loose.

Your mileage may differ.

I hope you have it unplugged from the wall first, unless you like to live dangerously.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-05-16 08:36 PM
    I have the same loose charging issue. I charge with three different cables and a sync pod/dock and the dock is the only one that doesn't do the charging / disconnected dance...more than likely because the phone is sitting upright ON the connection. My wife's Samsung does not have any issues (we use the same cords).
    09-05-16 11:37 PM
    I hope you have it unplugged from the wall first, unless you like to live dangerously.
    Hmm. Yes. I have. But now I want to try it plugged in. ...

misterabrasive likes this.
    09-07-16 07:32 PM
    I had this issue with my first PRIV. Any cable I had was loose. I got an RMA and a replacement without much hassle (great service from BlackBerry, thanks guys). While I was waiting for my replacement I took a watchmakers flat screwdriver and pushed down on the metal port and voil, my phone started charging again.

So the lesson here is try other cables and if there is the same loose fit then call support and get a replacement phone. Do the fix described above if you didn't pay a lot for your phone and/or it's not covered under warranty.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-07-16 07:47 PM
    Hmm. Yes. I have. But now I want to try it plugged in. ...

misterabrasive likes this.
    09-07-16 08:01 PM
    Hahahahah!!!

How did you know I am a fan of classical?!

09-09-16 12:29 AM
    Hahahahah!!!

How did you know I am a fan of classical?!

Takes one to know one!
    09-09-16 01:02 AM
    Takes one to know one!
    Or two
    09-09-16 08:46 AM