Hi guys, i received my blackberry Priv friday 3/4/2016 super happy. Loving how the phone looks it has some minor built quality issues as stated by other users in the forum nothing too bad i can deal with it. But the Camera on my PRIV take very bad blurry not so sharp pictures at all. Even with HDR is just not as good as my old Blackberry Passport.

Now i am new to Android, so i might be missing a step or a setting for the camera. Can anyone help? Should i call blackberry and have them exchange the phone for me ?

Has anyone experience this with their Priv?

Also that front facing camera is awful

I think i might try to get my money back
    03-06-16 12:06 PM
    Turn off hdr and try

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    03-06-16 12:08 PM
    The rear camera isn't that bad, I find it takes wonderful pictures, and recent updates have definitely added improvement. I don't even use HDR most of the time and I have been pretty happy with my images...

The front facing camera however? No improvement on this planet can fix that thing... For a $700 phone I'd have expected a little more than the entry level gingerbread type front facing camera they felt was fine to install on the Priv... Why bother with a selfie mode knowing THAT was sitting at the helm of the device? It only accentuates the overall 'WTF' feeling that accompanies the revelation one confronts when discovering the front facing camera's suckage for the 1st time...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-06-16 12:15 PM
    i did , IDK i just tink picture are not sharp at all for a 18 megapixel camera. Heck my passport takes better sharper images. and i made sure i have all the updates.
    03-06-16 12:24 PM
    Check out the pictures taken with the priv in the forum and try to compare to yours. If you's blurry exchange your phone.

The official - pictures and videos taken with Priv thread - Page 14 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

I also did a comparison between the Priv and Passport (pre camera updates)
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post12256028
    03-06-16 12:49 PM
    03-06-16 12:54 PM
    The rear camera on the Priv is excellent! Photographs are clear in a variety of situations. It is pretty responsive after the recent updates (not the best I've used, but good). No, it doesn't match with the GS6 that I tried, especially for speed, but it is among the better cameras I've used.

I use HDR occasionally, and it is good for what it does.....if you are still enough to get through the three shots. Normal more is really good too.

I've used phones with excellent cameras, and the Priv compares well to them. If you're having problems, you may have a bum unit, or you're not able to adjust to how the Priv works (though I doubt that, as it's pretty similar to most phones).

And no, the Passport camera is nowhere near as good as the Priv. I know, I use both regularly.
    03-06-16 12:55 PM
    Thank you Joao i will most definitely look into the thread you posted. Much appreciated.
    03-06-16 01:48 PM
    Thanks for your comments Yohannrjm.
    03-06-16 01:50 PM
    Did you take the plastic packaging off the lens?

03-06-16 01:58 PM
    Turn off hdr and try

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    This...

HDR will make your pictures blurry if there is any motion in the shot.

03-06-16 02:31 PM

Very important. Try tapping the camera too. Maybe something is stuck.. I've heard of this on some passport cameras.
    Also update to latest version

If anything, get the device exchanged under warranty
    03-06-16 02:35 PM
    The rear camera on the Priv is much better than the Passport camera (and the Passport came with a pretty good camera!).

If yours is blury, exchange it. That's not normal.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-16 02:36 PM

^^^^ This.

I've fallen victim to this a couple of times in the past. Sometimes that tiny plastic piece just isn't as obvious as it should be.
    03-06-16 03:32 PM
    I did remove the plastic from camera lens
    03-07-16 10:21 AM
    I'd suggest that you return it as it may be a problem with the hardware. I got mine last week and find the images from the rear camera to be really good. Yes, it isn't the fastest reacting camera as there is a perceptible shutter delay, but the quality of the images is really good.

Now, the front camera is a different story~!
    03-07-16 12:17 PM
    No issues here , the quality of the pictures taken are by far better than on my passport.
    03-07-16 02:38 PM
    Hi guys, i received my blackberry Priv friday 3/4/2016 super happy. Loving how the phone looks it has some minor built quality issues as stated by other users in the forum nothing too bad i can deal with it. But the Camera on my PRIV take very bad blurry not so sharp pictures at all. Even with HDR is just not as good as my old Blackberry Passport.

Now i am new to Android, so i might be missing a step or a setting for the camera. Can anyone help? Should i call blackberry and have them exchange the phone for me ?

Has anyone experience this with their Priv?

Also that front facing camera is awful

I think i might try to get my money back
    Did you download updates ?

03-07-16 03:03 PM
    Picture quality on my rear cam is very good. Check for updates . The Priv cam is far superior to the Passport camera .
    03-08-16 12:26 AM
    Yes , i did. But i decided to return the Priv. I guess ima go with an iPhone 6s until a new Blackberrry comes out.
    03-08-16 09:51 AM
    It's funny how everyone claims that the camera works just fine, when any mediocre phone cam works fine under THOSE lighting conditions. If there's light, there will be great photos. However, how much light get let through is the big issue, among other things such as noise reduction, color dynamics, etc. However, the PRIV's camera does not outperform any phone that costs <$400 USD, which is why people complain.

Just sayin'.
    Snappy Phoenix likes this.
    03-08-16 10:33 AM
    Blackberry Priv Camera, is really BAD?-12801530_10153941904999192_2202692812165544071_n.jpg
    Looks good enough for me.
    03-08-16 10:40 AM
    It's funny how everyone claims that the camera works just fine, when any mediocre phone cam works fine under THOSE lighting conditions. If there's light, there will be great photos. However, how much light get let through is the big issue, among other things such as noise reduction, color dynamics, etc. However, the PRIV's camera does not outperform any phone that costs <$400 USD, which is why people complain.

Just sayin'.
    I've only had my Priv for a day. But so far I'm very impressed with the camera, even in reduced lighting! And I might add that I'm a professional photographer!

Posted via CB10
    FF22 and so crow like this.
    03-08-16 11:13 AM
    Doesn't look mediocre

Attached Thumbnails Blackberry Priv Camera, is really BAD?-132786.jpg  
    03-08-16 11:31 AM
    i have to say i agree with you
    03-08-16 11:44 PM
50 12