Hey guys,

So I was a long time BB supporter, tried BB10 (Z10) and loved it. 6 months later I got a new job that provided me with an iPhone to use for personal and work at the same time. So I sold my Z10 (to save money) and began using a iPhone 5 and now am using an iPhone 6s.

Long story short I want to come back to BlackBerry and I am thinking either the Passport, Classic, or the Priv.

I really enjoyed BB10 and wouldn't mind going back to it (if I do, I may get the classic due to the keyboard and the tool belt) however, I'm worried about the ecosystem and the lack of services.

That's why I'm considering the Priv as well. I like the slide factor and going from iOS to Android wouldn't be too much of a change since they're similar in apps and services (i.e maps, music, etc)

So people who have BB10 should I go back to BB10? Maybe with the passport? Or classic?

People who have the priv? Should I go to android?

I'm not trying to start a debate I just want honest opinions.

If this conversation has already been started, feel free to close it and point me to the thread.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Lastly, I will be buying the phone directly from BlackBerry so the updates will be direct.
    07-16-16 04:12 PM
    Android Priv = best smartphone available, especially with BlackBerry security features and physical keyboard...using it now to reply

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-16-16 04:16 PM
    I currently use three phones at the same time: iPhone 6 Plus (personal), Classic (direct line work), and Q10 (business cell). For you, I recommend you supplement your 6s with the Classic for the same reasons I enjoy mine. I have a pure BB10 experience with PKB and toolbelt. I personally prefer the PKB and I try to avoid typing on the iPhone glass as much as possible. When you say ecosystem, you already have iOS app access. Realistically you can use the Classic for the next two years. In the past I've owned a Nexus 4, and Android is so unstable under the hood. A Priv won't add much to what you already have now.
    07-16-16 04:24 PM
    Thank you for your reply. I really want to give the Classic a try. Especially for its price. (Half of what the Priv costs)

It's been a while since I've been away from BB10. Are they still using amazon App Store alongside BlackBerry App Store? How are the major apps performing (I.e. Maps, Facebook, Twitter)?
    07-16-16 04:41 PM
    How is the physical keyboard? Is it similar to the classic?
    07-16-16 04:42 PM
    No the keyboard is different than the Classic - as a classic owner I had my doubts, but not even 24hrs later the adjustment was made. The touch ability, swipe words, etc.

Basically, just get a Priv. My only regret is I didn't buy one sooner.

07-16-16 05:02 PM
    Agree with a few of the other posters, get a Priv and you can enjoy an excellent phone, with PKB when you want it, and a full ecosystem of apps rather than the shrinking options that accompany BB10.

Don't get me wrong, I loved my classic and would leap onto an Android powered Classic in a heartbeat, but the lack of apps is just too much to overcome anymore.
    [email protected] likes this.
    07-16-16 05:13 PM
    If you get a Priv remember if you want the security updates on time get it directly from BlackBerry..

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    07-16-16 05:25 PM
    Have a Passport SE but for work Re apps had to get an Android and got the PRIV. Surprised how good it is..like with all android phones limit the us of permission location.

Posted via Passport SE Maximus Productivity
    07-16-16 05:44 PM
    I currently have the priv right now but definitely miss BB10 a lot. I have owned the passport and loved the phone! It's a little big but one heck of a phone! I've really wanted to try the classic though. The priv is OK especially because of his apps but not really a fan of Android, but you get used to the OS really easy.

07-16-16 10:42 PM
    I currently have the priv right now but definitely miss BB10 a lot. I have owned the passport and loved the phone! It's a little big but one heck of a phone! I've really wanted to try the classic though. The priv is OK especially because of his apps but not really a fan of Android, but you get used to the OS really easy.

Without question, there are aspects of BB10 that I miss. Gestures are incredibly usefl once you get used to them, for example.

But as you said, the app ecosystem is just so far ahead of BB10, it's unreal. It's an absolute must for me any more.

Still, my hope personally is something like a Classic powered by BBs 'flavor' of Android. Near perfect form factor with the toolbelt and the apps.
    [email protected] likes this.
    07-16-16 10:46 PM
    Your three choices couldn't possibly be more different, ha. All things being equal, I'd say based on what you've said the Priv is your best option.

You can satisfy your PKB nostalgia with the Priv keyboard. But if it's just nostalgia, you'll still have a large all touch 16x9 Android phone. Best of both worlds given the options.
    07-18-16 03:59 PM
    PRIV is the way to go. BB10 was great but is dying. PRIV is solid. Miss gestures and the full hub though. But pkb is good. Apps great.

07-18-16 04:17 PM
    I think most everyone's posts here are on point. I am still on BB10, I have both the Classic and the Passport and I love them both. I haven't made the jump yet because I'm still enjoying the 'afterglow' of BB10 and once I leave it, I don't think I'll come back.

As much as I love it, I cannot deny that it seems the ship has sailed and the future really is with the Android ecosystem. The Facebook app is gone. Whatsapp is leaving. These are major blows that really make it no longer appropriate for the consumer market. I would not recommend someone else to jump into BB10 at this point because there isn't anything to look forward to with it. The Priv still has a lot of potential and BlackBerry seems to be pushing the updates quite regularly. It's also one of the most unique devices out there and I'm sure will be a joy to use for years to come.

The only exception to this advice would be if you can see yourself using two devices all the time. In that case, keep the iPhone you have and carry a Classic or Passport around for all of your communication needs. If you only want one device though, Priv is the obvious choice.
    07-18-16 04:38 PM