OK, I am one of what seems to be few or so BlackBerry Priv users having major battery issues. It does get hot while I'm using it, and the battery is draining a percent per minute or 2. I thought I had solved my battery issues with an app that optimized the battery, because it seemed like my phone lasted longer than usual, but this morning was different. I had my alarm set this morning for the first time around 6am, and it should be fully charged cause it was on the charger all night. Since I was groggy and couldn't figure out how to turn off the alarm for the first time using it, I just powered the phone down. I slept in a little until 8am and turned my phone back on. I'm down to 90% already without even using the phone! Now it's 9:47 with moderate use from 8am, and I'm down to 43%, and that's down 10% from when I started writing this post. My screen brightness is turned way down. This is day 4 of owning the phone, so I would hope it has "settled" by now. I can't figure it out. I have seen people post to try doing a factory reset, then load everything back on. Maybe that will be better than starting up first time coming from BB10 like me? Has anyone tried this? This is not something I'm looking forward to trying, but I plan to tonight. If you have tried it, has it worked?

Unrelated, I have been trying some android apps, and they seem to work better than they did on BB10 for the most part, but I can't get video chat to work with Google Hangouts. Can anyone confirm this has worked for them on the BlackBerry Priv? When I try to start up a video chat with someone, it says "unfortunately, hangouts has stopped working" or something, and it gives me the option to send a bug report, which I have. Then it closes out. Have it fully updated, but it doesn't work. I'd like to get this working, because I was disappointed to find that there is no BBM video chat anymore, which means I can't do BBM video chat with my wife on her Z10 anymore I guess I could try BBM Meetings, but that costs money. Anyone else having issues with Hangouts video on the Priv?

PS: battery now at 38%

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-10-15 08:56 AM
    Android phone has a LOT of apps running in the background. The phone runs hot a lot of the time and the battery will not last like a Z30. It's something you need to find a happy place with.
    11-10-15 09:57 AM