Nevermind, the thing somehow worked and the OS installed

Posted via CB10
    12-19-16 12:46 PM
    AAH995 (T-Mobile, regular), AAH996 (Verizon, regular(???)), AAI020 (AT&T) are up.
    12-21-16 10:11 PM
    Hi,
    I am from pakistan, using ATT unlocked PRIV since last 5 months and i never got any OTA.
    what i supposed to do to get OTA updates.

Edit: After updating to AAI020 (autoloader), i cannot roll back to any other version. tried AAG153 and AAG202.
    autoload window says its successful but phone restart to bootloader screen.
    Last edited by shomyl; 12-22-16 at 02:11 PM.
    12-22-16 07:08 AM
    AAH995 (T-Mobile, regular), AAH996 (Verizon, regular(???)), AAI020 (AT&T) are up.
    (Verizon, regular(???)) - If it's any help, I'm on a Factory STV100-1, at AAH995 and it claims it's up to date. Carrier AT&T in the US.
    No way am I trying an autoload if you're putting multiple question marks there.

When did it change from Rest Of the World to Rest Of the Planet? I had just got comfortable with ROW, now I gotta remember that ROP means the same thing!
    12-22-16 09:07 AM
    (Verizon, regular(???)) - If it's any help, I'm on a Factory STV100-1, at AAH995 and it claims it's up to date. Carrier AT&T in the US.

When did it change from Rest Of the World to Rest Of the Planet? I had just got comfortable with ROW, now I gotta remember that ROP means the same thing!
    Usually Verizon and AT&T releases aren't pushed for generic devices, but this is the first I've seen one of those available for the regular Priv. I don't have a spare one to guinea pig, though.

And as for the last bit, "rest of the planet" just underscores how arbitrary the American carrier setup is.
    12-22-16 05:14 PM
    Hi,
    I am from pakistan, using ATT unlocked PRIV since last 5 months and i never got any OTA.
    what i supposed to do to get OTA updates.

Edit: After updating to AAI020 (autoloader), i cannot roll back to any other version. tried AAG153 and AAG202.
    autoload window says its successful but phone restart to bootloader screen.
    Read this: http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...nguage=English

Since you're on AAI020 you'll have to wait for the next update (January) to see if this takes effect.
    12-22-16 05:15 PM
    Got an AT&T Branded phone off eBay over the summer... and used a AT&T GO Sim on our vacation to update to MM. I'm currently at Build AAG873.

I've tried the Checkin procedure (It says successful), but I've never gotten an OTA update. I've tried calling BB Support at work today, but after being on hold for 10 min, my call gets disconnected.

Is there something I need to be doing, or was the whole OTA thing supposed to be automatic? [I am on a Rogers plan w/ a Rogers SIM]

Coke
    12-23-16 10:26 AM
    Got an AT&T Branded phone off eBay over the summer... and used a AT&T GO Sim on our vacation to update to MM. I'm currently at Build AAG873.

I've tried the Checkin procedure (It says successful), but I've never gotten an OTA update. I've tried calling BB Support at work today, but after being on hold for 10 min, my call gets disconnected.

Is there something I need to be doing, or was the whole OTA thing supposed to be automatic? [I am on a Rogers plan w/ a Rogers SIM]

Coke
    Still seems to some confusion on which AT&T devices get direct from BB updates. Since you bought it on eBay, it was possibly originally sold by AT&T and you won't get direct updates????
    12-24-16 06:42 AM

It's figured out now, by the way: AAH996 is for Korea, according to the loader page.
    12-25-16 02:12 PM
    I understand Marshmallow is still on beta and they require us to enable Diagnostic Reporting. I want to do a clean install of marshmallow with the latest autoloader for my Priv. Has anyone installed these without signing up for beta access and enabling diagnostic reporting? Will I get suspended by the BlackBerry Beta program?
    I want to disable devleloper and diagnostic reporting as I think it uses memory and, thus, drains my battery.

Any tips or input appreciated.
    12-31-16 05:51 PM
    I understand Marshmallow is still on beta and they require us to enable Diagnostic Reporting. I want to do a clean install of marshmallow with the latest autoloader for my Priv. Has anyone installed these without signing up for beta access and enabling diagnostic reporting? Will I get suspended by the BlackBerry Beta program?
    I want to disable devleloper and diagnostic reporting as I think it uses memory and, thus, drains my battery.

Any tips or input appreciated.
    I do not know if Marshmallow is in beta or not, but I can tell you this: I purchased the PRIV installed with Lollypop, and I had never installed updates of any kind. My update was nearly 2GB. I did it in wi-fi, with enabled diagnostic and without being a beta tester. Everything works like a charm.
    01-01-17 06:24 AM
    I understand Marshmallow is still on beta
    Marshmallow has been out of Beta for a long time. The Beta program has been closed to new participants for a long time.
    Unless you are already in the Beta program, non of the stuff you mentioned will make any difference.
    If there is an autoloader available to you for your device, and you are not a current Beta tester, your'e good to go.
    Developer option is not going to use memory or battery on it's own, diagnostic reporting will technically use a bit a bit of both, but not enough for you to ever notice.
    If you do decide to update via autoload, make sure you read the posts concerning it. It takes a Looooong time. Do Not try to restart your device while it's updating!
    01-01-17 07:33 AM
    Hello, my first BB and the phone is an unlocked Priv STV100-3 Bell branded. Build AAH995 android 6.0.1. Is my phone is already updated with Marshmallow? Seller told me that the phone comes with one year warranty. Also in the box there was a mention for the technical support with BB for a year but when I called, had to enter the IMEI of the phone then got a message the phone is branded and not bought from BB store I have to pay $35 USD to get technical support from them. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    01-06-17 01:25 PM
    Hello, my first BB and the phone is an unlocked Priv STV100-3 Bell branded. Build AAH995 android 6.0.1. Is my phone is already updated with Marshmallow? Seller told me that the phone comes with one year warranty. Also in the box there was a mention for the technical support with BB for a year but when I called, had to enter the IMEI of the phone then got a message the phone is branded and not bought from BB store I have to pay $35 USD to get technical support from them. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Yes, you're on Marshmallow.
    01-06-17 01:37 PM
    Yes, you're on Marshmallow.
    Thank you so much. You ARE a master.
    01-06-17 02:13 PM
    Hi guys I have a question, maybe somebody have a link to autoloader 5,1,1 for BB PRIV AAD027. Please if yes share with me. thank you so much.
    01-18-17 02:54 PM
    Hi guys I have a question, maybe somebody have a link to autoloader 5,1,1 for BB PRIV AAD027. Please if yes share with me. thank you so much.
    Are you nuts?

But it's in the first post in Thurask's archive.
    01-18-17 03:37 PM
    What you mean
    01-18-17 03:45 PM
    please if you can show me link or something
    01-18-17 03:49 PM
    sorry this is my new post and also I'm new on this forum
    01-18-17 03:51 PM
    sorry this is my new post and also I'm new on this forum
    Look in the first post of this thread for all autoloaders.

But why on Earth would you want such an ancient Lollipop build?
    01-18-17 04:07 PM
    AAI451 and AAI459 added for common Priv.
    01-27-17 05:56 PM
    AAI451 and AAI459 added for common Priv.
    No January for Verizon yet, I take it?
    01-27-17 07:47 PM
    AAI451 (Verizon), AAI459 (T-Mobile), AAI460 (AT&T) are up.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-28-17 03:44 PM
    The feb update is incredible. Got 1 day+ with the battery
    02-13-17 02:21 AM
590 ... 1415161718 ...