I just re-read this---I meant to say that you guys are VERY supportive and helpful and BB Support are well...not quite so helpful !!! @hassanalusi this is a bit difficult when the latest update has bricked the phone and I can no longer get into fast boot. The phone just doesn't turn on except for the flashing blue light !!! Argh....frustration....sadness.....my beloved Priv....trust me, its not fun going to a Moto G (1st gen) 4 inch phone.....
    07-29-17 01:15 AM
    yea @badharks I understand your problem, my comment was just a joke on BB's expense
    07-29-17 01:19 AM
    Just to let you know that my device has resurrected like a phoenix from the ashes...

Fun thing is that once it finally loaded everything, it asked me to update the operating system.

As I have not learned the lesson, I proceeded with the update (because you-only-live-once) and I found a very curious thing: my PRIV got updated to build version AAM940 (same as mentioned by @thurask in a previous post). It reads that the security patch is from July 05th 2017, so no sure if this OS is really different vs AAM489 which is my previous July update before the brick. Not user either if users with AAM489 got the update notification to AAM940.

Upgrading from AAL746 to AAM489 was around 82 MB or something like that, not sure.

What I would like to test is to reload the AAL746 build now that my device is on AAM489 just for the lolz. As researcher, I would like to know if AAL746 is a safe OS to start up from scratch, but well, after this big success and having my phone literally knocked out for more than 18 days, I want to enjoy it for a couple of days...

Thanks everybody! You rock!
    Bazzabara likes this.
    07-29-17 05:10 AM

What I would like to test is to reload the AAL746 build now that my device is on AAM489 just for the lolz. As researcher, I would like to know if AAL746 is a safe OS to start up from scratch, but well, after this big success and having my phone literally knocked out for more than 18 days, I want to enjoy it for a couple of days...

That is what I was thinking too. It does work if you are on aam489, that is what my device was on before the bricking. If you decide to try it let us know
    07-29-17 07:30 AM
    Just to let you know that my device has resurrected like a phoenix from the ashes...

Fun thing is that once it finally loaded everything, it asked me to update the operating system.

As I have not learned the lesson, I proceeded with the update (because you-only-live-once) and I found a very curious thing: my PRIV got updated to build version AAM940 (same as mentioned by @thurask in a previous post). It reads that the security patch is from July 05th 2017, so no sure if this OS is really different vs AAM489 which is my previous July update before the brick. Not user either if users with AAM489 got the update notification to AAM940.

Upgrading from AAL746 to AAM489 was around 82 MB or something like that, not sure.

I also didn't learn the lesson and tried to update through ota, but it doesn't want to update, just says rebooting now... and nothing happens, maybe it's for the best this way
    07-29-17 07:35 AM

AAM489 is the July 1 patch level, so yes, there is a difference between that and AAM940.
    07-29-17 07:51 AM
    I envy you guys who have managed to resurrect your Privs after a failed update. Mines still refuses to even enter the Fastboot option, despite every conceivable combination of key pressures--!
    I never thought I'd have to ditch my Priv so soon !

I've gone thought this thread and other on CB and nothing useful has cropped up that I haven't tried.

A final call--if anyone has this issue I would be grateful for some advice:

-Blue flash light when plugged into a charger
    -No blue flashing light when unplugged, but flashes when I press power
    -Does not turn on/screen is always blank
    -30second/32second POWER+UP and POWER+MUTE options do nothing except momentarily stop the blue light from flashing but it continues
    -Multiple charging cables and PCs have no effect on the function.

I really don't want to ditch it as I've only had it for 3 months and love it--but its driving me insane. I have a spare better from ebay which I can try (I did unplug the existing battery and try it without a better but via USB power and still no effect).
    If you guy can't its gonna be back to a boring slab phone until the Keyone is more morally priceworthy !

Waiting in hope (but not that much hope) :-(
    07-30-17 06:42 AM
    @badharks

It's a very weird your device behaviour indeed.

Is it possible for you to create a video where we can see the device and the steps that you are describing above at the same tome? maybe showing us shortly what is happening could give us and idea on how to help and/or observe if any step is not being missed in the process...
    07-31-17 03:45 PM
    Keep 'em coming!
    08-01-17 08:46 PM
    AAL746 through AAL748 are up. Better than nothing...
    Thank you. My Priv is alive again!
    08-02-17 11:41 AM
    Come on!!!!!!!!!!!! AAM940 please go online!!!!!!!!!!!
    08-03-17 06:14 AM
    Since T mobile is not giving updates and I have T mobile Priv. Can I load the unlocked Image ?
    08-04-17 11:31 AM
    Since T mobile is not giving updates and I have T mobile Priv. Can I load the unlocked Image ?
    No, you'd still need the T-Mobile one.
    08-04-17 11:34 AM
    Is it just that T-Mobile is delaying their roll-out of the July update? Or have they decided to stop updating their privs?
    08-07-17 04:19 PM
    Is it just that T-Mobile is delaying their roll-out of the July update? Or have they decided to stop updating their privs?
    I don't think anyone got August on Privs yet, not even unlocked ones.

Almost every time if the beginning of the month is a holiday in Canada, it's delayed.
    08-12-17 10:13 AM
    AAM941 for Korea and AAN335 for T-Mobile are up.
    08-18-17 02:59 PM
    Hi,

My device came back from RMA. Apparently, they flashed my device with the July update. The total process took one month (from contacting BB to the recepction of a functionnal device).
    Given the amateurism of BB regarding updates (we still have no news of Android 7 on the Priv), I switched to iOS (iphone SE 128Go - I had a very good discount on it). The cost of having a physical keyboard is too high for me now. I possessed a Passport, a Priv, and I intended to buy a KeyOne. But now, I will sell my Priv and stick to iOS.
    08-22-17 03:05 AM
    Hi,

My device came back from RMA. Apparently, they flashed my device with the July update. The total process took one month (from contacting BB to the recepction of a functionnal device).
    Given the amateurism of BB regarding updates (we still have no news of Android 7 on the Priv) and the fact that they lack support in my country, I switched to iOS (iphone SE 128Go - I had a very good discount on it). The cost of having a physical keyboard is too high for me now. I possessed a Passport, a Priv, and I intended to buy a KeyOne. But now, I will sell my Priv and stick to iOS.
    08-22-17 03:06 AM
    Just received AAO484 in New Zealand...
    09-07-17 04:52 PM
    Added the following: AAN335 (August 2017, common), AAN367 (August 2017, AT&T), AAN368 (August 2017, Korea), AAO474 (September 2017, Verizon).
    09-17-17 09:25 AM
    Added AAO486 (September 2017, AT&T) and AAO474 (September 2017, Korea). Everything should be on the September 2017 patch now.
    09-30-17 08:24 PM
    Hi, I have installed the Korean version on my ROTW Priv, the BAT succeeded with "finished, press any key to exit" which I did.
    Now my Priv is flashing White-Green-Green-Green and won't react to any button...
    Any ideas?
    10-08-17 01:22 PM
    Hi, I have installed the Korean version on my ROTW Priv, the BAT succeeded with "finished, press any key to exit" which I did.
    Now my Priv is flashing White-Green-Green-Green and won't react to any button...
    Any ideas?
    Run it again?
    10-08-17 02:09 PM
    Thanks for your reply.
    When I restart the BAT, the script never finds fastboot activated on my Priv.
    Am I missing something in the procedure?
    The device won't respond to any button (short press to 35 seconds) either.
    10-08-17 02:15 PM
    Thanks for your reply.
    When I restart the BAT, the script never finds fastboot activated on my Priv.
    Am I missing something in the procedure?
    The device won't respond to any button (short press to 35 seconds) either.
    What OS was it on before? I don't think downgrades work, if you were on AAO484.

Anyway, I believe the fix for that particular issue is to drain/disconnect the battery, then run the right autoloader to revive it.
    10-08-17 02:30 PM
590 ... 1920212223 ...