BlackBerryHelp is not replying to any of my messages either...I'm not expecting an answer, I'm just trying to show them that there are a lot of people complaining about this one thing, hopefully they realize it and fix this problem soon...good thing I have a backup phone, otherwise this would have inconvenienced me so much
    Zanin Mirvic likes this.
    07-26-17 04:32 PM
    Maybe we should create a petition at change.org or something to make our voice be listened...
    Bazzabara likes this.
    07-26-17 06:01 PM
    BlackBerryHelp is not replying to any of my messages either...I'm not expecting an answer, I'm just trying to show them that there are a lot of people complaining about this one thing, hopefully they realize it and fix this problem soon...good thing I have a backup phone, otherwise this would have inconvenienced me so much
    thankfully you had your real name on cb hassan, just retweeted your request, otherwise they only answer to stuff they want unless you have a million teenage girls following you!
    07-26-17 06:11 PM
    Maybe there is someone on here with a million teenage girls following them that can tweet this **** out, although I highly doubt it������
    07-26-17 06:15 PM
    Maybe we should create a petition at change.org or something to make our voice be listened...
    Just create a twitter accout if you dont already have one and retweet hassan alusi's tweet
    07-26-17 06:32 PM
    Btw @hassanalusi, the latest build that has been released is aam940
    07-26-17 06:39 PM
    @fernalx that's not a bad idea, but I doubt they will care
    @Bazzabara thank you for retweeting, I'm on the quest to get a million teenage girls to follow me on twitter, I have a feeling that this will happen before BlackBerryHelp does anything to fix the issue.
    07-26-17 06:41 PM
    Yea but my phone died before that update so even the AAM489 would fix that. While I do hope they release the latest on their website, I'm asking for the minimal effort by them to fix my phone.
    07-26-17 06:49 PM
    Here is a little update of my case:

BB support contacted me five days ago, asking me for my IMEI and my order number (my Priv is still under warranty). I gave them all the information and they replied that my ticket was transfered to the upper level of support. Someone should have contacted me on Monday, but I'm still waiting for their e-mail/call. In the meantime, I sent a message on twitter to BB support to remind them that I'm not the only one dealing with this issue...
    fernalx likes this.
    07-27-17 03:32 AM

BB support contacted me five days ago, asking me for my IMEI and my order number (my Priv is still under warranty). I gave them all the information and they replied that my ticket was transfered to the upper level of support. Someone should have contacted me on Monday, but I'm still waiting for their e-mail/call. In the meantime, I sent a message on twitter to BB support to remind them that I'm not the only one dealing with this issue...
    crossing fingers...
    07-27-17 04:58 AM

What was their response on the twitter page? Something along the lines of " we are not currently commenting on "future" updates"?
    07-27-17 06:12 PM
    Hi, here is a copy paste of the response I've got on twitter:

"Hi there! Thank you for reaching out to us and we understand your concern. Since the issue is already being escalated to a higher level, we suggest to wait for their response as they are doing their best to provide a resolution. Rest assured that once a feedback was received, the owner of the case will provide an update. Thanks. ^CMR"

I stopped asking for release dates as they are always avoiding the question.
    According to the e-mail I just received, I must schedule a phone call with the technical support in order to discuss the warranty options. I'll let you know how they handle the situation but for now they didn't say anything about release dates of the future updates.
    hassanalusi likes this.
    07-28-17 02:18 AM
    Seems I'm not alone in this pain.... @Bazzabara you mentioned:

"If not try power+mute, you can flash your device through regular boot mode aswell if you decide to try it.."

The fast boot menu doesn't come up at all. The screen stays blank nothing at all except for the blue light of death. The power-volume down nor the power-mute option works. You said I can flash by regular boot mode. Any idea how when the device is effectively unresponsive except for that light.
    07-28-17 08:19 AM
    Seems I'm not alone in this pain.... @Bazzabara you mentioned:

"If not try power+mute, you can flash your device through regular boot mode aswell if you decide to try it.."

The fast boot menu doesn't come up at all. The screen stays blank nothing at all except for the blue light of death. The power-volume down nor the power-mute option works. You said I can flash by regular boot mode. Any idea how when the device is effectively unresponsive except for that light.
    Thats weird, another alternative is to connect it to a charger and let it charge for a couple of hours. After that try holding the power button for 30+ seconds again, try everything multiple times while having it plugged in to a charger.

I did have it go totally dead once, without any blinking lights or anything, fixed it by having it plugged in to a charger plus holding down the power+mute button.
    07-28-17 09:11 AM
    AAL746 through AAL748 are up. Better than nothing...
    hassanalusi and Bazzabara like this.
    07-28-17 10:28 AM
    AAL746 through AAL748 are up. Better than nothing...
    Thanks @thurask, downloading right now. I will update if it works or not.
    07-28-17 01:04 PM
    I don't have my PRIV with me right now but not sure if this is going to fix it... The release version is still "AAL" instead of "AAM"... Holding my breath meanwhile...
    07-28-17 01:42 PM
    Thanks @thurask, downloading right now. I will update if it works or not.
    Guys, I can tell you that the issue is now resolved!

Have a nice weekend
    hassanalusi and fernalx like this.
    07-28-17 01:44 PM
    I don't have my PRIV with me right now but not sure if this is going to fix it... The release version is still "AAL" instead of "AAM"... Holding my breath meanwhile...
    dont worry, it works!
    07-28-17 01:53 PM
    Our pleas were listened! I'll try once I get home! Thanks guys!
    07-28-17 02:04 PM
    Guys, I can tell you that the issue is now resolved!

Have a nice weekend
    Phew. Congrats!
    Bazzabara likes this.
    07-28-17 02:22 PM
    You guys should get jobs are Blackberry Support....the response I got today about my issues are just crazy....for example, made it clear the phone doesn't boot following the latest update...what was their response? "Please factory reset the phone from the Settings option".........alas...there is no hope !!!
    07-28-17 03:42 PM
    @badharks Sound very reasonable to me, maybe you didn't follow the instructions right? Please don't make excuses, I once had my phone stolen and I was still able to go to settings and update the phone which of course bricked it rendering it useless to the thief... BB magic xD
    07-28-17 05:20 PM
    You guys should get jobs are Blackberry Support....the response I got today about my issues are just crazy....for example, made it clear the phone doesn't boot following the latest update...what was their response? "Please factory reset the phone from the Settings option".........alas...there is no hope !!!
    Still no way to boot your device? you should be able to get to either fastboot power/vol down or boot mode power/mute, since the fastboot is on a different partiton on your device and should not be affected in case an os upgrade fails. Keep trying with the device plugged in to either your pc or wallcharger.. I
    07-28-17 06:03 PM
    If you go back in this thread I @badharks believe you will find a post where someone had the same issue and was able to get in to fastboot, don't remember exactly how though.
    07-28-17 06:06 PM
590 ... 1819202122 ...