Hate to be facetious, but BlackBerry has historically only sold one-size internal storage devices, and, if the SD slot is indeed present, it's very likely that the Priv will follow suit. I don't see BlackBerry putting more than 32 gb internally, but that's just my personal opinion.

Posted via CB10
    When I was refering to the Internal storage of a ramdom phone of a ramdom person, wasn't refering specificly to the Priv. Some leaks say the Priv it's 32gb, but later there were was a listing on Tabao shop stating that the phone was 64GB... Who knows..

By the way, the Priv indeed has a SD card slot, it's located at the top
    00stryder likes this.
    10-05-15 10:00 PM
    Finally something new. I just hope whatever NDA's are in place can be lifted soon, and the device launched ASAP.
    10-05-15 10:06 PM
    Stop it, your making to much sense for the majority. Lol
    10-05-15 10:41 PM
    BlackBerry is now turning into an Anti-virus software company.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 11:03 PM
    IMHO who cares about 4k, just show me the HUB in action and gestures so I can decide if it's worth it or wait till March.

Z10 10.3.2.2639 via CB10
    10-05-15 11:08 PM
    Here some pics if you guys do not want to click the link..

Attachment 374569

The test seems to show the 64bit.. I do not know if it is really a "proof" but definitely can be an indication of what CPU the Priv is using

Attachment 374571

I am looking forward to use this camera.. probably I will not record that much in 4K any way but it is nice to see it there.. what I really care about is the quality of the pictures..

Attachment 374572

Let's hope that BlackBerry Safeguard will keep some android malware away..
    The question here is: what is then the D-Tek icon showed in the official pics from BlackBerry??

Posted via CB10
    As I posted in the news article on the front page, in the second pic the triangle is "pointing" the wrong way.

And as for the Safeguard, looks like it does not scan apps downloaded from Google Play, so I dunno. Google scans the Play Store only once a month iirc.

fyi megapixel is pretty important when it comes to downscaling. thats why the 43mpx nokia was sooo good. the actual picture you got was only 8mpx, but the raw photo was 43mpx with so many data that you could make a very nice 8mpx photo from it
    The OnePlue One can tweak files to DNG, but man if you could capture raw on that 41 megapixel that would be sweetness for sure.

Oh wait, you can. Plus it has a Carl Zeiss lens.
    10-05-15 11:17 PM
    Finally something new. I just hope whatever NDA's are in place can be lifted soon, and the device launched ASAP.
    Actually, it's really nothing new outside of images lol. 4K and 64-bit was a given based on the Processor. But hey, they're pretty images and fun to look at so that's cool. Plus, it keeps the Priv in the 'news' which is pretty key.
    00stryder, Xaiux and Greened like this.
    10-05-15 11:28 PM
    I'm feeling like a broken record at this point... we're witnessing"controlled leaks." We're only seeing what we're supposed to be seeing at this point, and nothing more. Just enough to keep people talking without revealing the whole shebang.

Notice how the something different, but nothing too revealing, is leaked each time? Definitely not due to chance. If somebody had the opportunity, they'd let out the floodgates.

Posted via CB10
    Yup. Decided not to get the Priv, they don't know how to release a product properly. I feel like they're resulting to OnePlus' tactics and I'm sorry, but I lost all interest... wonder who else feels the same? a Horse will only chase a carrot on a piece of string in front of them for so long..
    10-05-15 11:41 PM
    2 questions hopefully I can get answered

1) BlackBerry Passport, didn't I read somewhere that it supports 4k video recording?

2) We know that BB10 devices can support 200GB microSD cards. So what happens when microSD cards are released that are larger than 200GB? What is the maximum theoretical capacity that BB10OS can handle, and can we expect the same from the Priv? I know in my antiquated POS Android, there's an upper limit to the size of microSD that it will take. I'd hate to get the Priv, be stuck with Android when I'd rather have BB10, be enjoying the hexacore CPU and 5mp front facing camera but realize down the line that whatever iteration of Android the Priv is on at that time or due to hardware restraints that the Priv can only go up to a certain size while my freaking mom's Passport can hold a larger size microSD card due to BB10.

Still torn between Priv with higher specs but stuck with Android and basically beta-testing a new product or get the Passport SE and have BB10 with reasonable specs and ability to sideload whatever Android app I wanted in addition to BBWorld's offerings.

And StoryMaker. Just leave me and my love for StoryMaker alone! Don't take it away from me BlackBerry, don't do it!
    10-05-15 11:45 PM
    2 questions hopefully I can get answered

1) BlackBerry Passport, didn't I read somewhere that it supports 4k video recording?

2) We know that BB10 devices can support 200GB microSD cards. So what happens when microSD cards are released that are larger than 200GB? What is the maximum theoretical capacity that BB10OS can handle, and can we expect the same from the Priv? I know in my antiquated POS Android, there's an upper limit to the size of microSD that it will take. I'd hate to get the Priv, be stuck with Android when I'd rather have BB10, be enjoying the hexacore CPU and 5mp front facing camera but realize down the line that whatever iteration of Android the Priv is on at that time or due to hardware restraints that the Priv can only go up to a certain size while my freaking mom's Passport can hold a larger size microSD card due to BB10.

Still torn between Priv with higher specs but stuck with Android and basically beta-testing a new product or get the Passport SE and have BB10 with reasonable specs and ability to sideload whatever Android app I wanted in addition to BBWorld's offerings.

And StoryMaker. Just leave me and my love for StoryMaker alone! Don't take it away from me BlackBerry, don't do it!
    Passport' hardware supports 4K Video... software doesn't.

The SDXC standards in most newer phones supports up to 2 TB card capacities... so you don't have to worry about that except for finding and affording them.

Your issue with the Passport is that the software isn't going to improve.. most likely you'll be stuck using apps that are compatible with the 2-year old Runtime in BB10. While IF the PRIVis a success and IF that keep updating the OS... the PRIV and any future BB device will only get better. But that is a big IF, so in a way anyone buying the PRIV will be a beta tester and will just have to hope for continued support and updates. So sticking with what you have for a while might be a smart idea - but buying a new BB10 device... that's worse than being a beta tester in my book, but to each his own.
    Michael_Stewart likes this.
    10-06-15 07:49 AM
    My guess is, Safeguard will offer nearly the same as AVG and the others, but will come on the phone free. I'm not sure what BB could do beyond what these security companies have already done with their suites. Nevertheless, I will gladly make thr switch back to BB.
    I would like to play with the real device asap.

BlackBerry Priv 64-Bit and 4K Video Confirmed-blackberry-priv11.jpg

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 08:57 AM
    As I posted in the news article on the front page, in the second pic the triangle is "pointing" the wrong way.
    It's not when you realize that the device is rotated in landscape, so the arrow is still pointing to the left looking at it.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 10:14 AM
    What people should want is 4k downscaled to 1080p, wich you will get the same quality and detail, but with files 4x smaller...
    That's not quite true though. It won't be the same quality at all, it will be the exact same quality + calculated blurriness of having just recorded it at 1080p.

Downscaling is just resizing the images. Which means the pixel count gets decimated and the differences averaged - the averaged colour pixel however may not be what a 1080p camera 'would' have caught. So it is likely to be a little less clear.

The additional item to mention is 4K recordings mean more than megapixels... in that the CPU needs to capture the 4K framerate and handle the IO. Being able to record a 4K as fast as it is created is a big challenge when dealing with an SD card and the speed limitations of mobile IO. 4K means 'hey my crazy phone camera, it's cpu, and graphics card can work really well together'. That said I wouldn't be surprised if the 4K video is actually 1080p quality anyway just upscaled or limited by the lens.

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    10-06-15 10:38 AM
    That's not quite true though. It won't be the same quality at all, it will be the exact same quality + calculated blurriness of having just recorded it at 1080p.

Downscaling is just resizing the images. Which means the pixel count gets decimated and the differences averaged - the averaged colour pixel however may not be what a 1080p camera 'would' have caught. So it is likely to be a little less clear.

The additional item to mention is 4K recordings mean more than megapixels... in that the CPU needs to capture the 4K framerate and handle the IO. Being able to record a 4K as fast as it is created is a big challenge when dealing with an SD card and the speed limitations of mobile IO. 4K means 'hey my crazy phone camera, it's cpu, and graphics card can work really well together'. That said I wouldn't be surprised if the 4K video is actually 1080p quality anyway just upscaled or limited by the lens.

Unless is some kind of really crap 4k that it's as sharp as 720p, downskaling 2.7k or 4k to 1080p gives you most of the time better image sharpness than just record straight 1080p even on expensive cameras. It works the same way in photography. Of course assuming that the sensor is really capturing 4k, and not upscaled 1080p like you said, wich I wouldn't be surprised if they do.
    I don't want to sound like the "owner of the truth" but I do phtography and videography production for a living and I know what I'm talking about (here's my website www.joaooliveira-ph.com)

But yeah, you're right, good 4k video with a decent bitrate is a PIA to handle, not worth it in a mobile phone IMO.

Linus Tech did a good video to demonstrate it:
    10-06-15 10:52 AM

Unless is some kind of really crap 4k that it's as sharp as 720p, downskaling 2.7k or 4k to 1080p gives you most of the time better image sharpness than just record straight 1080p even on expensive cameras. It works the same way in photography. I don't want to sound like the "owner of the truth" but I do phtography and videography production for a living and I know what I'm talking about (here's my website Jo�o Oliveira)

Linus Tech did a good video to demonstrate it:
    10-06-15 10:55 AM
    Actually, it's really nothing new outside of images lol. 4K and 64-bit was a given based on the Processor. But hey, they're pretty images and fun to look at so that's cool. Plus, it keeps the Priv in the 'news' which is pretty key.
    well they could just release it...then it would be all over the news
    10-06-15 11:02 AM
    I read an article that talked about the move away from SD Cards by some of the Android Flagship devices... they mentioned poor quality cards and their impact on performance. And they specifically mentioned 4K video recording that is coming to most Flagship and even mid-grade devices these days.

I know a number of people that have bought a $600 smartphone, and then ordered a $20 64GB SD Card from China... And then they blame their phone for lost photos or videos or poor performance.
    10-06-15 02:26 PM
    I'm with you, I even would add that 256bit it's the minimum to compete against Apple and Samsung

64bit? That's lame. BlackBerry behind on specs once again.

I expected atleast 128bit. So disappointed, thanks Chen.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 02:37 PM
    I'm with you, I even would add that 256bit it's the minimum to compete against Apple and Samsung

Posted via CB10
    I think he was kidding.... are you?
    10-06-15 03:36 PM
    Hahaha if you need to ask...

I think he was kidding.... are you?

Posted via CB10
    Spinal likes this.
    10-06-15 04:44 PM
    While they are very good in quality, 4K movies as well as 4K photos quickly use up storage space.

BlackBerry Priv 64-Bit and 4K Video Confirmed-1920px-8k_uhd.png

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 06:19 PM
    well they could just release it...then it would be all over the news
    Get out of here with all that logic. It's not welcome here.
    10-07-15 04:32 PM
    While they are very good in quality, 4K movies as well as 4K photos quickly use up storage space.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1920px-8K_UHD.png 
Views:	194 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	374777

Posted via CB10
    I, personally, couldn't possibly care less about how much storage it uses. There's plenty of SD Cards in this world. Heck, I have SD cards that have more storage than some of the older computers I have kicking around here.
    10-07-15 04:34 PM
    WTF: I was expecting 8K videos.
    10-07-15 05:23 PM
49 12