MKBHD just dropped his periscope on it. So there you go. Initially he likes it too.
    Interesting to see what the haters say when normal blackberry haters are also giving solid reviews......

#facts

And I just call them like I see them.

https://www.periscope.tv/w/aRDgmjEwM...4LAcZCi9_r2Ow=
    11-09-15 12:53 PM
    Unlike some of these shill BS Reviews that wanted to just bash blackberry, (Insert publications that swing from apples nuts)
    I wanted to give a real NO BS Review of the Device.
    I am not there just yet, But Three Days later here are my thoughts.

I find it absolutely hilarious that these "CREDIBLE" outlets will use the phone for 2 days and then say a device is trash.
    Well that is about as credible as George Bush and weapons of mass destruction, Or Hillary not deleting emails. LOL

Anyway here is my fair take so far on the device.
    Any questions comments and what you want to see in the full review let me know below.

Thanks

TTV, you have just become my favorite smartphone reviewer.

Love it, love it, love it!

Keep them coming man!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    11-09-15 01:09 PM
    Here is my first 3 days take ....

I have been a blackberry user for over 10 years. In this time frame I've had all the BB10 Devices except the leap, I've had torch, pearl, storm, bold(s).

Going from original bb os, to bb10 was very painful. I did like bb10, it was great once you got familiar with it, and got through the pains of conversions.

I've been very excited to get this Blackberry Priv... In my opinion it's the best of both worlds.

I remember fondly using the torch. (loved the capabilities of using touch and having physical keyboard). It's funny during that time frame I used the physical keyboard much more than using the Touch. During my phone transitions through BB10, I mostly used Z10 and Z30 phones and got quite familiar with touch. So much that I'm finding myself using touch more on this phone right now than keyboard.

Setting my PRIV up was easy.... very simple... Congrats to blackberry for designing the switch over to be painless that way. I still have nightmares of the switch to BB10 for my company... Unlike others I had absolutely no problems setting up email address's. (if early in to BB10, you may remember all the issues with emails, contacts, etc.) I setup my exchange email with no problems, active sync on 2 other emails and 4 pop3 email address's.

So far I'm loving the PRIV it's best of both worlds. I've already had two friends buy them since too after showing them mine. I really really have enjoyed my priv this weekend. First battery... drained within hours, but it was still migrating files, emails, text messages, etc. in fact when I plugged it in, it still wasn't even charging the phone... but there was alot going on at the time.

2nd charge went great. took less than 2 hours to charge fully. Lasted all day while I played music from 9 am to 4 pm, at 4 I shut it off because I wouldn't be home for several hours and battery was down to 30%. My old blackberry needed charges every 4 hours without music playing lol. Very impressed!

3rd charge lasted from Saturday night to Monday morning with 40% left.. and yes I used it a fair amount Sunday. Battery works great!

it's not a full review but just seen the complaints and for the most part I don't agree with them. I had no problems setting up emails.... I was impressed with how easy it was, so I'm guessing some don't know the necessary information from their IT departments.

Feel of the keyboard is great, and for anyone complaining about the keys too small... go get a passport and never buy a phone that is smaller! This keyboard is much much larger than the keyboard on the torch.. it's arguably the second largest keyboard ever on any blackberry! If your fingers have gotten that much fatter over the years... STOP hitting them with a hammer!!!!

The flow of the phone is quite enjoyable.. and having access to the full google play app is great... I can already tell i'm going to enjoy this phone. Yes I'm a power user (only have 3 spare batteries for my z10).

my 2 concerns so far... 1 is shared here... email attachments (you can email pictures, videos, etc. no problem but you cannot add specific files like a PDF or search through phone/microSD). It's a learning curve so in the end you must convert.... start saving everything on google drive (which might be okay anyways)

2. Working with blackberry blend. it was convenient.

I will post more later... but in the end... if you bought it... give it a chance. BB10 is on the way out, most developers will be stopping support if they haven't already. Embrace the future!
    11-09-15 01:21 PM
    Review states best launch by BlackBerry for a phone.
    Am I missing something? Like the launch party and the great marketing by BlackBerry?

Video states selling well because stores are selling out of stock. I don't think selling out of your 2-3 units per store is a good starting point to make that conclusion.
    And the swearing. What's up with that? Waste of time listening to anyone that cannot communicate their point without the use of profanity.

I stopped watching after that.

Posted via CB10
    I do think it is one of the best launches... even though it was so low key. Says volumes for the quality of the device.

The google trends for blackberry are up significantly. You have the most positive reviews we have seen for a device, including awesome reviews by Android central, the WSJ, Forbes, and Business Insider.

This review is quite good as well. The Language? it is his style. You are not FORCED to watch the review, and you were given a warning at the start.
    TotalTechvids likes this.
    11-09-15 01:50 PM
    MKBHD just dropped his periscope on it. So there you go. Initially he likes it too.
    Interesting to see what the haters say when normal blackberry haters are also giving solid reviews......

#facts

And I just call them like I see them.

https://www.periscope.tv/w/aRDgmjEwM...4LAcZCi9_r2Ow=
    and some one else also pretty much on the same page. and also with video to prove. once again thanks for your video and looking forward to your full review.
    https://recombu.com/mobile/article/b...ry-priv-review
    wincyUt and experiment 626 like this.
    11-09-15 02:08 PM
    Best unbiased review so far BlackBerry Priv review | The Verge

waiting for Anandtech one, if they do it.
    Did you guys notice they gave the call quality and signal reception a 9?
    11-09-15 02:13 PM

Blackberry priv vs iPhone 6s I'm sure this will drive Ifans at the verge nuts
    wincyUt, DolemiteDONS and sidhuk like this.
    11-09-15 05:04 PM
    Again, great review. Both phones have their pros and cons.
    11-09-15 05:29 PM
    It's not surprising that The Anti Blackberry sites reviewed the phone after using it one day. They just wanted to bash Blackberry and get it over with quickly. Fortunately people are smart enough to see through that. Thanks for your preliminary review. Hopefully your final review will be positive. BTW i just love they way you flick that sliding keyboard in and out using one hand, it definitely looks like a one handed device
    11-09-15 06:37 PM
    As for the sound quality, would it be possible to have a side-by-side comparison sound file posted by he/she who has both devices available? I am VERY interested in speakerphone quality both directions...

Talking about the sites that gave negative reviews of Blackberry Priv. As soon as i saw that they rated the call quality, and sound really bad it was obvious they were full of manure.
    11-09-15 06:58 PM
    I like these 'real' reviews. Once reviewers start going on about nits and raw files and all that, I totally tune out.
    11-09-15 09:37 PM
    Good review.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-15 11:24 PM
    Just watched it! Haha amazing

Beproud
    11-09-15 11:41 PM
    when you said NSFW i thought it was because of you know... skin i had to wait to see this when i got home. but colorful expressive words are just fine by me, specially when they are expressed with such realism and honesty.

in any case lovin' your Priv video review, its awesome! lookin forward to when you upload your full review for it
    11-10-15 12:58 AM
    when you said NSFW i thought it was because of you know... skin i had to wait to see this when i got home. but colorful expressive words are just fine by me, specially when they are expressed with such realism and honesty.

in any case lovin' your Priv video review, its awesome! lookin forward to when you upload your full review for it
    Thanks!
    11-10-15 02:21 AM
    BTW, where's ITSMEJC's review? May the unit didn't arrived yet?

"But I say this to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you;" - Matthew 5:44
    Not sure. Maybe he hasn't purchased it yet or is still messing around with it.

My Z10 is better than yours!
    11-10-15 02:36 AM
    Guys,
    several post have been placed under moderation due to the non respect of the following guidelines.
    Some may be interim, while others may lead to warnings or infractions.
    Due to my somehow limited knowledge in Shakespeare's language and its modern idioms, the net may be a little bit narrowed or only due to quotes. Don't get upset, in this case, they will reappear soon.

This thread has generated a LOT of inappropriate language or behavior already and I strongly suggest you all set your filters back on. Thanks a lot.

[WARN]Inappropriate Language:
    Mobile Nations is a network used by people of all ages, so please keep posts, usernames, images and links family appropriate. Creative misspelling of profanity to circumvent the filters in place to block variations of profanity will not be tolerated. Moderators may delete or edit posts at their discretion, if posts are deemed inappropriate or offensive. Users will be typically be given a warning for the first violation. Continued violations will result in a ban from the forum.
    [/WARN]

[WARN]Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!
    This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.
    Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you’re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won’t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry!
    [/WARN]
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 11-10-15 at 04:46 AM.
    11-10-15 03:23 AM
    ​Closed for review.
    11-10-15 07:19 AM
    The thread has been reviewed; the "off-topic" and personal comments (and where they were quoted) deleted.

As noted above, be civil. Discuss the topic, skip the personal comments, and do not call others "trolls"!

/Open
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-10-15 07:50 AM
    btw, where's itsmejc's review? May the unit didn't arrived yet?

"but i say this to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you;" - matthew 5:44

BlackBerry Priv 3 days later a Real take. (Dont call it a comeback) NSFW-img_20151110_160324.png

cb10�q10sqn100-3/10.3.2.2639
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-10-15 08:03 AM
    I love the swearing. And the review.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2789 / T-Mobile USA
    11-10-15 09:39 AM
    you have a nice day
    11-10-15 10:46 AM
    After the fiasco that was the launch of BB10 and the constant bugs that BlackBerry never fixed, I've been very skeptical of this company (as anyone whose read my posts knows).
    But I went and took a first hand look at The Priv and spent about an hour on it.
    Obviously that's not even remotely enough time for a full assessment, but it was enough time to see that the pure BlackBerry OS7 and OS10 experience that everyone is used to, is over now and that The Priv represents the new BlackBerry.
    BlackBerry is now Android and nothing is going to change that.
    I won't own it, because I'm a Mac user and I don't trust Google.
    But having said that, I also want to say that from an objective point of view, with all of the features and business apps available (and now reliable), The Priv showed me that it will easily be more productive than my Q10. There is almost no comparison.
    From the screen, to the camera, to the GUI of BB native apps, visually almost everything looks good on that phone.
    Yes, the Hub isn't the same or as good, but if they bring it up to what we have now, great and if not, then unfortunately it will be a feature of the past.
    If BlackBerry moves away from their past history of not updating their phones in a timely manner and they fix all of the bugs and address all of the legitimate complaints that I'm reading about, this will be a really good phone. Really good.
    And it should sell well if it's heavily marketed.
    If I was a PC owner and didn't have an misgivings about Google, I'd buy The Priv.
    Last edited by Velocitymj; 11-10-15 at 11:32 AM.
    11-10-15 11:20 AM
    Err best launch since the Storm 2?
    You mean best launch since the Z10

otherwise fairly decent video
    11-10-15 11:58 AM
    As the OP has advised that he'll not be responding in the thread any longer, we'll close it now.

OP, if you change your mind, please use the report button to ask us to reopen it.
    11-10-15 12:24 PM
175 ... 567