Getting the Priv in two weeks. Will be my first Android phone. In your video you said something about the first time you boot it up. What else would you recommend besides letting it do its thing for about 15 minutes?

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt likes this.
    11-08-15 08:03 PM
    Great review! Just would love for the Hub to be more stable...

Posted via BlackBerry Passport SE
    TotalTechvids likes this.
    11-08-15 08:06 PM
    Totaltechvids mentionned that he has made a video on how to install a bb10 kb on an android devices.

Does anyone know where to find this video ?

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 08:08 PM
    In youtube, it jut mutes. Which sucked and annoyed me. At least on the Bell Demo unit.
    it just mutes the audio
    Thanks guys, that's disappointing... Hopefully it can be fixed in a software update if it isn't an Android limitation...
    iGalione likes this.
    11-08-15 08:10 PM
    I definitely get this beast. Thank you sir for a great, straight up, no BS review.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 08:14 PM
    Hello

Where can I find your video on how to install the bb10 kb on an android device ?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    How to Install BlackBerry Priv Apps on ANY Android
    funkymixx likes this.
    11-08-15 08:17 PM
    Getting the Priv in two weeks. Will be my first Android phone. In your video you said something about the first time you boot it up. What else would you recommend besides letting it do its thing for about 15 minutes?

Posted via CB10
    That's about it really
    11-08-15 08:18 PM
    Jaalaro

You mentionned that you made a video on how to install the bb10 kb on an android device.

Can you tell where is that video ?

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 08:19 PM
    Did you modify brightness to get that battery life
    11-08-15 08:22 PM
    my brightness is on auto as of now, until i reinstall tasker, but i get about 12 - 14 hrs, of heavy usage, groupme going off every minute or so, 8 email account alerts, etc

battery life is better than my note 5
    11-08-15 08:24 PM
    ok just confirmed mines is set to that I am getting 8 hours on heavy usage..

What apps are you using

Is this on WIFI or LTE
    11-08-15 08:29 PM
    combination of 4g and LTE, i'm inside an engine machining and assembly factory so i am getting signal off a repeater, I am using groupme, words with friends, chess with friends, twitter, instagram, facebook, chrome, feedly, sky force, anmoney, mint bills, banking and shopping accounts, just to new most
    11-08-15 08:33 PM
    No stock. It was in standby a lot of that time
    3junior likes this.
    11-08-15 08:41 PM
    my view of your review:
    1.- sir, not need to drop f-bombs here and there, you can make your points with a PG language
    2.- doesn't make sense to criticize other reviews after only 2 days (very valid point), but do yours after 3 days
    other than that, nice review and looking forward for your after-a-week impressions

side note, something i find strange it's to have a full bottom speaker grill but the speaker is actually only on the left side... do the sound come off ok, giving the fact that it's coming from one side only or i can imagine, when watching a video it sounds unbalanced?
    3junior likes this.
    11-08-15 08:44 PM
    OP, could you check if the Priv support USB OTG? And does it support FM radio like the Z30 and the Passport? Thanks.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    11-08-15 08:54 PM
    OP, could you check if the Priv support USB OTG? And does it support FM radio like the Z30 and the Passport? Thanks.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    it supports OTG as i'm using a sandisk OTG 64GB on it with no problem
    imcurved likes this.
    11-08-15 08:56 PM
    Will be waiting for the next review in 3 days.
    Great job man, thanks for sharing your unbiased thoughts.
    11-08-15 09:00 PM
    OP - "Biggest comeback in mobile history"? Really? You're not one of those credible guys who does a review after Day 2 but you are a guy on Day 3 who declares this "the biggest comeback in mobile history" because a few AT&T stores you checked ran out of the 2 phones they were given? Heard that and stopped watching the video. All credibility lost. Sorry.
    Maybe you should watch the entire video before jumping to your own conclusion. It's kinda like the kettle calling the pot black.
    11-08-15 09:12 PM
    Excellent review OP! That was one of the best no BS first impression review I have watched on youtube up today other than Technobuffalo.
    Totally agree with your opinions about the fact most of those tech reviewers instantly gave negative comments right out of the box from their past experience from iOS/android experience. I also like the fact you gave comments from an experience android user POV to review how BlackBerry blends BlackBerry features on android OS. Keep up the good review, so that we ain't going to suffer from watching those BS reviews all over the youtube.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 09:19 PM
    That was different! Looking forward to your follow up and more in depth review.

Just waiting patiently for ShopBlackBerry to deliver my Priv, hopefully soon.
    11-08-15 09:26 PM
    [QUOTE=wincyUt;12059666]Maybe you should watch the entire video before jumping to your own conclusion. It's kinda like the kettle calling the pot black. QUOTE]

He had a similarly titled thread started a few hours ago which was shutdown by the mods. It is of course about returning his Priv after 3 days of apparent use. No video and just statements without supporting argument....lol
    11-08-15 09:29 PM
    How about phone call quality? Did you make any calls? It's a phone!
    11-08-15 09:31 PM
    I have heard complaints about:

1. Push email in the HUB

2. SD card file sharing

3. Poor Antenna

Any comments about these?

Thanks!
    11-08-15 09:48 PM
    Love your honest opinion and review... oohh and also following your channel now!

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 09:55 PM
    I have heard complaints about:

1. Push email in the HUB

2. SD card file sharing

3. Poor Antenna

Any comments about these?

Thanks!
    1. from what i've seen with setting up blackberry hub, I used my gmail account, and when you set it up you get the options of when to sync the email and it shows it the lowest i think to be every 5 or 15 minutes. (too lazy to go in and view the settings at the moment, lol)

2. I haven't had any problems sharing from my SD card, i open it up from ES file explorer, and share it that way. I haven't had any issues with sharing what so ever, but again i haven't been sharing a lot.

3. using the device, I do get inferior wireless (WLAN) connectivity, my celluar radio seems to be working extremely well.

4. (i'll add) I have't been able to change the camera settings with the stock camera, so far, so if anyone reading this can give me insight, go right on ahead... for now i am using VSCO camera.
    11-08-15 10:09 PM
175 ... 23456 ...