BlackBerry cel phone PRIV

# The default ring tone folder of this unit is >root>system>media>audio>ringtones
    # Inside of this folder, and ONLY IN THIS FOLDER, you will find many ring options, possible to be chosen by configuring tones, depending on what you are trying to change � e-mails, notification rings, inside calls, an so on.
    # There is NO option to choose ANY other ringtone, from any other folder. So, unless you insert other rings to this file, no possible way to make any choice different form those already there, factory configuration.
    # This folder >root>system>media>audio>ringtones does NOT allow user to copy and/or paste any files "from" and "to" it. It is a locked folder.
    # By using a �file manager� app, you can click �copy to� the file you want, from a custom folder created, and try to place into >root>system>media>audio>ringtones - The message is �ACCESS DENIED�.

Does ANYONE know HOW WE UNLOCK the folder >root>system>media>audio>ringtones ... ?? or any other solution to be able to customize incoming ringtones ??
    11-19-16 08:15 AM
    You should be able to add a ringtone file to the Ringtones folder in internal storage. The file name should show up as a selection in the ringtone menu. No need to access the root directory.

Edit: the ringtone file should be placed in the Notifications folder in internal storage, not the Ringtones folder. Sorry for having a senior moment.
    Last edited by YeemanBB; 11-21-16 at 11:27 PM.
    FF22, misterabrasive and andy957 like this.
    11-19-16 08:39 AM
    I don't know how to enter root directory. But since I upgraded to MM I can no longer customize ringtone per contact. I've changed default rington to an mp3 file but no matter what ringtones individual contacts are set on all calls come in with same tone.

It's a bit Annoying as I'd @ least like to set family as 1 tone and the rest default. But as it is I have to look at the phone each time it rings to see if I should answer or not...

I use Solid Explorer file manager
    11-21-16 04:51 PM