It's called the Playbook. Why? (shrug) Guess it's for playing games?

Expect similar confusion even though yes it seems an obvious reference to privacy. Perhaps to offset the natural suspicion of a Android phone by BlackBerry in the first place.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    A Playbook is actually a business term. Playbook is a writeup of a business strategy and plan.
    09-23-15 09:24 PM
    Have to give this a thumb down. It will turn into the Perv for sure... I woul have preferred Venice really...

Other Options:

- Transform
    - Shift
    - Glide
    - Stealth

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 09:25 PM
    Isn't that the meaning of some body parts lol, as someone said : can I play with your Priv.

CB10�Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2639
    Seriously it's a phone
    Mine was "Fusion".

From my Z30!
    09-23-15 09:26 PM
    Hello,

Someone else mentioned this, but I agree--this is BlackBerry's super-secret plan to unify the BlackBerry community--to rally us all around a cause that EVERYONE can agree on. Then they will cave in and agree with us, and we'll all cheer together and hug it out (virtually).

Who said BlackBerry Marketing sucked...for shame.

KAM
    09-23-15 09:26 PM
    Need to fix your Slider?? Your going to have to go buy some "Private Parts". You just know that stuff like this is going to happen. Sounds totally re-tar-ded. In CAPITAL letters. :/

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 09:27 PM
    A Playbook is actually a business term. Playbook is a writeup of a business strategy and plan.
    Exactly. I liked Playbook, I thought Passport was good. Leap was poor, and now a new low.
    09-23-15 09:27 PM
    Have to give this a thumb down. It will turn into the Perv for sure... I woul have preferred Venice really...

Other Options:

- Transform
    - Shift
    - Glide
    - Stealth

Posted via CB10
    There is already a Samsung Transform

I should know. I have the next variant, the Transform Ultra. It's as slow as a tectonic plate shift. Compared to the LG Mach on Boost which I broke, which as only as slow as molasses. Can't wait for this new slider, so I can get onto Cricket, or Verizon, or anything somewhat reasonable.
    09-23-15 09:28 PM
    Don't like it!

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 09:30 PM
    More like BlackBerry Shiv. I feel like I've been stabbed.
    09-23-15 09:33 PM
    They had 87,880 options for a 4 letter name if one of the letters was a vowel. I can't think of anything worse. Off the top of my head; how about:
    Qwer
    Secr
    Keyb
    Glid

EDIT: Sorry math fail. 21 x 21 x 21 x 5 = 46,305 (not 26 x 26 x 26 x 5) Math nerd!
    Last edited by glamrlama; 09-23-15 at 09:52 PM.
    ALToronto likes this.
    09-23-15 09:35 PM
    You know the name is bad when the "BlackBerry ****" sounds better. I mean really BlackBerry, is this a joke?
    09-23-15 09:38 PM
    Appears I'm alone in stating, "I couldn't care less". Other than the day names are announced, the dramatics will be toned down and the crisis will be eventually forgotten. Everyone manages to move on with whatever name a gadget or OS is given. 90% of all gadget names are awkward, and many people tend to overreact positively or negatively; when in fact, to me, it is no big deal. Look around the house, some of the "oddest"-named items - at the time of their creation - are now household names.

It simply comes down to this, whatever the name, whatever the brand: If the phone is a flop, the name will be part of the ridicule. If the phone is a success, Priv will be deemed as catchy and clever. Liking or hating the name has nothing to do with the name itself, but rather with the success of the phone. Kleenex and Xerox probably sounded hideous to many people too.
    09-23-15 09:38 PM
    Seriously, how do you pronounce PRIV? I'm not joking, what is the correct way to say that name?
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    09-23-15 09:43 PM
    They had 87,880 options for a 4 letter name if one of the letters was a vowel. I can't think of anything worse. Off the top of my head; how about:
    Qwer
    Secr
    Keyb
    Glid
    F*CK

Still better than Priv.
    lift, LazyEvul, eldricho and 3 others like this.
    09-23-15 09:44 PM
    No, it should have been named the BBH.

The commercial would go like this, thug life guy on the street waving his hands about, "Dey see me rollin'wit mah BB BBH" A Mexican car comes around the corner with those bouncy hydraulics that make it go up and down up and down. The passengers in the car are all wearing suits. They all say in unison "blackberry!" the thug says "bitches be hatin'". Commercial fades out to funky beats while spinning silver discs fall into place and form then logo. Then fade to black.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 09:44 PM
    Appears I'm alone in stating, "I couldn't care less". Other than the day names are announced, the dramatics will be toned down and the crisis will be eventually forgotten. Everyone manages to move on with whatever name a gadget or OS is given. 90% of all gadget names are awkward, and many people tend to overreact positively or negatively; when in fact, to me, it is no big deal. Look around the house, some of the "oddest"-named items - at the time of their creation - are now household names.

It simply comes down to this, whatever the name, whatever the brand: If the phone is a flop, the name will be part of the ridicule. If the phone is a success, Priv will be deemed as catchy and clever. Liking or hating the name has nothing to do with the name itself, but rather with the success of the phone. Kleenex and Xerox probably sounded hideous to many people too.
    So there's no such thing as a bad name? BlackBerry Pube? BlackBerry Stench? All good? Doesn't matter?
    Kleenex and Xerox don't have bad associations.
    09-23-15 09:45 PM
    This thread makes so happy: all of these posts just made me laugh and laugh. Thanks Blackberry, your atrocious naming gave this man a week's supply of chuckles!
    devin266 likes this.
    09-23-15 09:46 PM
    Ah just worked it out

PRIV

"PR" because BlackBerry needs so much pr

"IV" is roman numerals for 4 as it's their 4th operating system. (bbos, PlayBook, bb10 and now android)

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 09:49 PM
    If true, BlackBerry must be getting the dumbest MFr's on the planet to do focus groups, and they deserve to go out of business.
    They are getting punked by their focus groups. "Dude, I just got another $50 again for going to a BlackBerry focus group. It was hilarious. I told them they should call their new phone 'the Priv'. Some ******** there actually wrote that down!"
    LazyEvul, tmf06, gebco and 2 others like this.
    09-23-15 09:52 PM
    F*CK

Still better than Priv.
    They would sell many more "F*ck"s than "Priv"s just by name alone!
    09-23-15 09:55 PM

Not too many household names are such a unique combination of confusing pronunciation and a letter away from being a toilet.
    09-23-15 09:55 PM
    I love it! Waiting on the Blue,White or Green BlackBerry Priv

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 09:59 PM
    Is anyone going to answer my question? If I wanted to buy this phone and walked into my carrier, how would I pronounce "Priv"? I'm serious.
    09-23-15 09:59 PM
417 ... 45678 ...