Just curious, I've been using the BlackBerry Premium Charger aka the charger the PlayBook came with to charge my Priv. Is it the equivalent of a Quick Charge 2.0 capable unit or just decently quick? For example, at 28% battery it says 1hour 33 minutes till full charge. Is quick charge much faster?

Posted via CB10
    03-05-16 09:54 PM
    My understanding is that quick chargers really shine in the first 30 minutes +/- of charging, bringing a device to 50-60% of its capacity. After that point, they kind of drop off. I'm sure others will chime in with a far more technical explanation.

Posted via my BlackBerry Priv
    03-05-16 10:00 PM
    The PlayBook charger is not QC 2.0.

A QC 2.0 certified charger is much faster than the PlayBook charger.

I highly recommend a QC 2.0 certified charger if you've got a Priv.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-05-16 10:26 PM
    Interesting. The PlayBook charger is pretty good, but I'll look into picking up a QC2.0 unit.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-16 10:28 PM
    My understanding is that quick chargers really shine in the first 30 minutes +/- of charging, bringing a device to 50-60% of its capacity. After that point, they kind of drop off. I'm sure others will chime in with a far more technical explanation.

Posted via my BlackBerry Priv
    Has to do with resistance of electrons and as the battery fills it becomes harder to put charge in there,

Posted via the Innovative Blackberry PRIV - Powered by Android
    03-05-16 10:56 PM
    I have the PlayBook charger and I have aukey qc 2.0 and aukey qc 2.0 car charger

With experimenting it seems the qc is about 25% faster then the playbook.

And playbook charger is faster then stock charger

Posted via the Innovative Blackberry PRIV - Powered by Android
    03-05-16 10:58 PM
    Just got a quick charger device, arrived before my VZW priv but i used it with my Nexus5, original model, and it's smokin fast even on a device that is not necessarily taking advantage of the QC2 tech, something like 1% to 65% in 20-25 minutes. The Nexus displayed a note about quick charging when plugged in to the QC2 so maybe Marshmallow has some software smarts. Hopefully this will be the same on the Priv. It doesn't make any difference on a Samsung Tab and i could not tell if my Classic was taking advantage of the higher negotiated charging speed because the battery was pretty much full when i plugged it in.
    03-06-16 01:54 PM