I've got through two brand new cables within three months.

The Micro USB is such a **** designed port. Please consider making your own like Apple
    rai187 likes this.
    02-03-16 05:49 AM
    No, just adopt USB Type C. Going the route of making your own is a nuisance to the consumer. Apples system is a PIA, when you need to find a charger and realize no one has one you can use because it doesn't match.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-16 05:56 AM
    Please consider making your own like Apple
    Bad. Bad. Very bad.

Sit in the corner and think about what you've said.
    02-03-16 07:09 AM
    I agree with the previous post.

Posted via CB10
    WiseEyes likes this.
    02-03-16 07:13 AM
    Maybe buy better cables?

USB Type C is the future.
    02-03-16 07:22 AM
    There used to be a Blackberry model with a proprietary port. Absolutely hated it.
    BergerKing, WiseEyes and Omahahaha like this.
    02-03-16 07:49 AM
    I refuse to by if not usb c. That is the future and no more stumbling in the dark to pick the side that slides in because its dual sided.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-03-16 07:53 AM
    I prefer one type for all kind of phone, it save our money also save the environment.

jope28, to boldly go, FF22 and 7 others like this.
    02-03-16 07:56 AM
    No, just adopt USB Type C. Going the route of making your own is a nuisance to the consumer. Apples system is a PIA, when you need to find a charger and realize no one has one you can use because it doesn't match.

Posted via CB10
    My thoughts exactly.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-03-16 08:02 AM
    Bad. Bad. Very bad.

Sit in the corner and think about what you've said.
    02-03-16 08:18 AM
    02-03-16 08:29 AM
    Not all cables are made the same, that is a given since some places have to do quality check to see if USB-C cables are up to spec. Apple may make it's own but I hear they don't last. If you want something that last you may have to splurge a little on something from a third party.
    DaFoxGrey and WiseEyes like this.
    02-03-16 08:36 AM
    It's always like this in the transitional phase. Part of the pains of being an early adopter. The only phones that even support true USB type C 3.1, vs 2.0, are the new Lumia's and the Nextbit Robin. There's been a lot of improvement already since Benson started doing his reviews and a lot of third party companies have revised their products to use the right transistors.
    02-03-16 08:49 AM
    I refuse to by if not usb c. That is the future and no more stumbling in the dark to pick the side that slides in because its dual sided.

Who stumbles with micro usb? All you have to do is feel the tip (just the tip) for the metal prongs on the bottom of the connector, and you're golden.
    02-03-16 08:50 AM
    There must be something wrong with the way you're using them or you just got really bad cables.

I have a Nokia micro USB charger from 2006 and it's still working. So are my Palm Pre cables from 2010, and they get plugged/unplugged daily.
    WiseEyes and Steelsheen like this.
    02-03-16 09:25 AM

The Micro USB is such a **** designed port. Please consider making your own like Apple
    Horrible idea IMO. Standards are good.
    Better standards is a better option, but not "going the Apple route" with proprietary 'this' and 'that'.

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 
    BergerKing, rthonpm and WiseEyes like this.
    02-03-16 09:27 AM

The world works better when you use universal standards. Please don't use Apple as a good example of that. I have never had a USB cable go bad.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-03-16 09:29 AM
    i had a Samsung plug just point out its pointy things on me the other day for no apparent reason, it sometimes DOES matter that you use a BlackBerry plug, also the cheap ones sometimes act like they wont fit, so be careful not to force a bad fitting plug.

micro usb is fine with me but i havent had cause to try the type C.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-03-16 09:33 AM
    It's always like this in the transitional phase. Part of the pains of being an early adopter. The only phones that even support true USB type C 3.1, vs 2.0, are the new Lumia's and the Nextbit Robin. There's been a lot of improvement already since Benson started doing his reviews and a lot of third party companies have revised their products to use the right transistors.
    Iirc, with USB 3 you could not charge and send data at the same time. Perhaps this issue has been resolved in v3.1 but it's my guess for why it has yet to become widely adopted.

Posted via CB10
    WiseEyes likes this.
    02-03-16 10:05 AM
    As if the apple lighting connector doesn't break?
    It sounds like you have a bad habit of just jamming it in or ripping it out
    BergerKing and WiseEyes like this.
    02-03-16 10:09 AM
    As if the apple lighting connector doesn't break?
    It sounds like you have a bad habit of just jamming it in or ripping it out
    I haven't heard of the port having problems like microUSB ports have. The cables seem to rip often at the ends where they meet the connector, but putting a pushpen spring there fixes that issue.
    02-03-16 10:25 AM
    Iirc, with USB 3 you could not charge and send data at the same time. Perhaps this issue has been resolved in v3.1 but it's my guess for why it has yet to become widely adopted.

Posted via CB10
    My USB 3 external hard drive begs to differ. One cable for for both power and data.

But if you're referring to charging quickly like a wall adapter... now that's a different story.
    02-03-16 10:53 AM
    My USB 3 external hard drive begs to differ. One cable for for both power and data.

But if you're referring to charging quickly like a wall adapter... now that's a different story.
    Yeah, even 2.0 supported charging + data transfer, albeit slow charging. I've done it plenty of times in the past, though at one point the transfer speed over wifi for me ended up exceeding the transfer speed over 2.0, so I haven't done it recently. Mr BBQ might be thinking of USB 1.0, which was extremely limited in many ways, and I'm pretty sure it couldn't do both, only one or the other, unless you used an externally powered hub, or something.
    02-03-16 12:46 PM
    Apple lightning adaptor is garbage. The dual sided part is the only good thing. But only cables I've had fail were the lightning cables, and they all came apart right at the end before the plastic part of the connector. No thanks.
    BergerKing and Goldfinch like this.
    02-03-16 12:47 PM
    I bought a micro usb cable dual side so can use it similar to type-c and very good quality as well (both ends can be used dual side)

Posted via the Priv CrackBerry App for Android
    02-03-16 12:49 PM
105 123 ...