Hello,

A while ago I posted a thread about how the Otterbox Defender case damaged my Blackberry classic. It is a normal occurrence with otter box and blackberries. If you google "otter box damaged blackberry" you may find some pictures/videos. My original thread has been deleted...who deleted it? God knows...

Anyways, I have since then moved on to the Priv. Unfortunately, like others I have noticed that the official Blackberry hard case damaged the phone. It rips off the paint, and leaves dents. I have managed to avoid this, by covering up the interior of the case with some pieces of micro fibre cloth and soft foam. However, I have seen many posts about how people are sad about their phone being damaged. I am no lawyer or anything, but I am certain this is manufactures liability. The case is intended to PROTECT the device, not damage it. It clearly damages our property, and does not do what it is intended to do. My question is, how come no one files a Class action law suit against BB? I wanted to do it against Otterbox, but I just didn't have the resources to do it. Why do we have to be "ok" with the OFFICIAL Blackberry Hard Case damaging our phones that we spent $400+/2yrcnrtct on? Like this makes NO sense...the case is $55.00 CAD. And it damages our $400+/2yrcntrct investment. If you feel the same, please leave some comments below. Without us consumers, there wouldn't be a business for the company! We need to make some noise, I am so tired of settling with expensive yet ****ty products, especially for BB. A case that damages a phone, is by definition defective, and therefore because it has been happening to everyone, it can slide as a class action law suit.

Manufactures liability:"Manufacturer�s liability, legal concept or doctrine that holds manufacturers or sellers responsible, or liable, for harm caused by defective products sold in the marketplace. Manufacturer�s liability is usually determined on any of three bases: (1) negligence, which is the failure to exercise reasonable care to prevent product defects arising out of the manufacturing process, or which is the failure to give consumers appropriate warning of a danger attending the use of a manufactured product, (2) breach of warranty, which entails failure to fulfill the terms of a claim or promise concerning the quality or performance of a particular product, and (3) strict liability, in which a seller or manufacturer can be held liable for a defective product even if the conditions of negligence or breach of warranty do not apply. An active consumerism movement is credited with the courts� increasing acceptance of arguments based on manufacturer�s liability."

Class action law suit: "class action law suit definition. Charges advanced in a court by one or more plaintiffs on behalf of a large group of others who have a common interest."

AND why in the world are the Canadian Privs built without the wireless charging? I don't really care, but c'mon. If you are pricing a flagship device near $1000 don't make it feel cheap. These are the concerns we as consumers need to address. We need compensation!
    12-16-15 09:45 PM
    Deleted
    12-16-15 09:50 PM
    Petty?

You mean to say, $1000 for a phone, and a case for the phone made by the manufacturer is "of little importance; trivial"?

If that is the case, then thats odd for you to say. I personally think $1000 is a lot of money for me. I am a student. I know other people enjoy their phones. And genuinely got upset when it got damaged. I did when Otterbox damaged my phone. If you think that is petty, than you are those individuals that allow big businesses to take advantage of the consumers. It is individuals like you that allow the consumers to suffer with these kinds of problems. I would understand if you are extremely wealthy, and could not care for $1000. But I would doubt an extremely wealthy person would hang out on Crackberry forums. But hey, what do I know! Also, these laws are made for situations like this, it is the consumers that choose not to use the law to their benefit.
    12-16-15 09:54 PM
    Deleted
    And he deleted his post.

His post was "because people don't feel the need to sue over petty things"

Smh

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    paulbbp likes this.
    12-16-15 10:08 PM
    Why the need to sue?

Posted via CB10
    12-16-15 10:22 PM
    Post a pic so people know what you mean
    Let's find out whether this is an isolated instance first
    12-16-15 10:26 PM
    Post a pic so people know what you mean
    Let's find out whether this is an isolated instance first
    There is an entire thread dedicated to it!

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1047524

12-16-15 10:29 PM
    Also, the thread I gave you a link to people give full description and pictures.

12-16-15 10:30 PM
    I understand that many users are upset for the fact that blackberry OEM hard shell cases can cause small 4 little circles on the phone. I don't see any decent lawyer will take the case because it's just cosmetic. And it didn't brake the phone or caused serious damage.

Second all phones from carriers does not have wireless charging unless you bought it from shopblackberry website. And trust me I personally never bothered to buy one because it's extremely slow. Instead I used the money to buy quick charger 2.0 to charge my phone faster.

12-16-15 10:34 PM
    Why the need to sue?

Posted via CB10
    To send a message to the capitalists at BlackBerry to ensure they actually care about us consumers and put the highest thought and care in their phones and cases. A case should not damage the phone.

12-16-15 10:34 PM
    I understand that, but I am sure that there would be a lawyer that would help out. The idea here isn't solely on the idea of a law suit, but more so on the idea that us consumer/lawyer blackberry heads need to be respected and we shouldn't settle for garbage products. Four little circles is not the issue here, it's the principle of the manufacturers liability. That is violated, and people are sad about it. And that is not fair.

12-16-15 10:37 PM
    it's really not worth the trouble, is it?

Posted via CB10
    12-16-15 11:15 PM
    it's really not worth the trouble, is it?

Posted via CB10
    It's probably not worth the trouble in regards for court. But it's something we consumers shouldn't overlook.

12-16-15 11:18 PM
    I thought that this was a joke thread at first, LOL! My bad.

Good luck, and I actually am interested in seeing where this goes (as in, if you sue and are successful). Keep us posted!

Posted via CB10
    12-17-15 12:40 AM
    Class action law suit: "class action law suit definition. Charges advanced in a court by one or more plaintiffs on behalf of a large group of others who have a common interest."
    Let us know how that goes LOL
    12-17-15 01:24 AM
    I understand that, but I am sure that there would be a lawyer that would help out. The idea here isn't solely on the idea of a law suit, but more so on the idea that us consumer/lawyer blackberry heads need to be respected and we shouldn't settle for garbage products. Four little circles is not the issue here, it's the principle of the manufacturers liability. That is violated, and people are sad about it. And that is not fair.

There is a whole other thread on this topic - it's simple - you don't like it, don't buy it, I don't think someone is holding a gun to your head forcing you to buy a case...or is there?
    maclancer likes this.
    12-17-15 01:27 AM
    It's not about liking it. It's about consumers being taken advantage of. It's about a product that does the exact opposite of what it is suppose to and in turn damages our investment. It's more than just "not liking it"

12-17-15 01:46 AM
    Glad you had a big laugh there buddy

12-17-15 01:48 AM
    To send a message to the capitalists at BlackBerry to ensure they actually care about us consumers and put the highest thought and care in their phones and cases. A case should not damage the phone.

we poor consumers against the bad capitalists at Blackberry? There are many solution that saves YOU a lot of money
    save $1055 by not buying it at all
    save $55 by not buying the shell
    do not use the shell
    Accept that there is always a trade off in life. if you use your phone nicely you do not need the shell. if you use your phone not so nicely use a shell and be happy with only small cosmetic "damages

BUT why going for the hradest way of them all because of a $55 shell? THIS sounds either capitalistic (compensate me with millions because of all the psychological damage to me and the physical damage to my phone) or political or troll'ing to me
    Last edited by Shrekmachine; 12-17-15 at 06:57 AM.
    buwee, maclancer, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    12-17-15 02:24 AM
    Seriously? I barely want to respond because of the ridiculousness of your suggestion. However, a case is supposed to offer additional protection to your phone should you drop or abuse it. The trade off with that (such as Otterbox cases) is that the more protection they offer from the device breaking, it would seem that they protect less from superficial 'damage' such as what you are describing. Big deal.

The real reason I am responding to this post though, is I don't know if that's true about the Canadian version not having wireless charging... I thought that only the carrier version didn't include wireless charging but the Shopblackberry version does. Can anyone held shed some light on this? I'm planning on buying the Shopblackberry version but, if it doesn't have wireless charging, it seems I would be smarter to save $100 and buy one outright from the carrier. Anyone know for a fact what the deal is?
    12-17-15 02:41 AM
    Seriously? I barely want to respond because of the ridiculousness of your suggestion. However, a case is supposed to offer additional protection to your phone should you drop or abuse it. The trade off with that (such as Otterbox cases) is that the more protection they offer from the device breaking, it would seem that they protect less from superficial 'damage' such as what you are describing. Big deal.

The real reason I am responding to this post though, is I don't know if that's true about the Canadian version not having wireless charging... I thought that only the carrier version didn't include wireless charging but the Shopblackberry version does. Can anyone held shed some light on this? I'm planning on buying the Shopblackberry version but, if it doesn't have wireless charging, it seems I would be smarter to save $100 and buy one outright from the carrier. Anyone know for a fact what the deal is?
    I own the shop BlackBerry one and it has wireless charging. Its hella slow and hot though.
    zbblover likes this.
    12-17-15 02:48 AM
    Hey. Please. I am a share holder of BlackBerry. And a fan of the company. I like a world where there is corporate competition, and BlackBerry needs to get this priv right.
    So you should call BlackBerry or contact them and complain, and get them to replace your phone, they will I am sure, and then tell them to fix the problem.

Then delete your thread so people don't sue, also read the disclaimer of the device, I am sure they are protected anyway.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-15 02:52 AM
    Don't buy the case? Seems simple enough. With many posts on this site about the damages it does, it seems like you would have seen it if you did a little research. BTW I'm enjoying writing this on my scratchless, undinged, pristine priv. I DO the research before buying products. BTW if you enjoy your priv and would like to see more future updates and phones, you should probably not try to damage a companies rep or try filing class actions law suits.

12-17-15 03:20 AM
    That's like complaining when you buy a plastic holster (model specific) for a gun and it ruins the finish and scratches it. Two hard surfaces rubbing together will result in the softer one getting scratched, Science!

Z30STA100-3/10.3.2.2813
    12-17-15 06:38 AM
    +100000ⁿ00000ⁿ000000000ⁿ000

12-17-15 06:55 AM
86 123 ...