Have you ever seen Blackberry's picture password? It's impossible to break even if you were standing next to the person using the phone. Sure it's nice to have a fingerprint scanner ,but that doesn't mean it's an overriding reason not to buy an other phone.
    10-31-15 12:49 PM
    How?
    10-31-15 01:33 PM
    How?
    Have a look at this. BlackBerry Picture Password is more secure than you think ? Jonathan Almeida
    10-31-15 02:37 PM
    From my experience over the last week I would say it is barely intergrated. It sits on top of Android like a fancy notification center and nothing more. It is not the Hub you know from BB10 by a long shot. It only really handles email. When you tap any other message like Twitter or SMS it opens a different app. Some apps do not intergrate like Whatsapp so when you hear a message tone you check the hub and see nothing and have to check the stock Android notification center. At best Hub is pretty useless. At worst its hugely annoying for the reason just described.
    Oh man... this was what I was fearing with Hub in Droid. Ugh. Not a good sign...not a good sign at all.
    10-31-15 02:59 PM
    Um, I'm looking for how many ways BB has to unlock the phone just by picking it up--which was the response to the Lumia 950 "pick it up and it unlocks from seeing your eyes".
    10-31-15 03:28 PM
    Oh man... this was what I was fearing with Hub in Droid. Ugh. Not a good sign...not a good sign at all.
    It just reinforces what a POS android is, out of the box. At least BlackBerry is providing some options here, and whatever apps they have designed for Priv will improve feature wise over time.

Of course if you want the real experience of the hub, there's only one Coca-Cola. And that's BB10.
    10-31-15 06:42 PM
    Don't get me wrong, I don't use any kind of password in my phone. But for people that have to type a password every time they want to use the phone, the fingerprint scanner makes life a lot easier for them.
    I just used the BlackBerry picture password. Easy and secure. Don't need every tech company sharing my finger prints.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-15 07:47 PM
    I don't know much about android OS versions, but fingerprint scanners are definitely a consumer gimmick on phones...

Posted via CB10
    I have a fingerprint scanner / heartbeat sensor on m Galaxy S6 edge+ phone, I only used it one time to check it out when I first bought the phone and never touched it. It certainly is a gimmick no question. At least to me.
    11-01-15 03:28 AM
    I just used the BlackBerry picture password. Easy and secure. Don't need every tech company sharing my finger prints.

Posted via CB10
    Don't know about other phones, but in the iphone, the firngerprint information is stored inside a separate chip inside the phone, and nothing can have access to it (at least is what they say)
    11-01-15 06:50 AM
    Just switched to a 6p from my Classic, thought I would give it a try as my daily driver since there is finally a vzw friendly nexus.

Marshmallow is pretty much rock solid.
    Swype is pretty much as nice as using the BB on screen kb-really miss the pkb
    I dislike amoled screens but this is pretty decent with a good but not great white point
    Missing the HUB...hopefully this get's into bb10 quality form for launch or quickly thereafter

I love having the finger print reader, I thought it seemed like a gimmick but after 2 days I am completely sold on the convenience factor. Probably not as secure as a real bbry alpha numeric password but probably much more secure than a dumb 4 digit pin that can be memorized just watching someone pick up their phone to check mail. I see this every day in elevators at the office - 4 digit pins are bs security.

Hopefully priv will launch with M, it's going to get panned by most the anti bbry blogosphere no matter what but the leading edge os would go a long way towards justifying it as a high end device.
    11-01-15 01:05 PM
    Have you ever seen Blackberry's picture password? It's impossible to break even if you were standing next to the person using the phone. Sure it's nice to have a fingerprint scanner ,but that doesn't mean it's an overriding reason not to buy an other phone.
    In my own experience, Picture Password starts with my number in the 'magic spot' about 1 time in 20. That's 5% chance of defeating it by just tapping the screen. Granted that to you, this is anecdotal. To me it's empirical. I use picture password because it is more convenient than typing a password, but it is not as secure as many like to think.

As for fingerprint stuff, or any biometrics. I am sure with anything it can be done well, or it can be done poorly / cheaply. TBH I think Apple has done it well. Others that did it before or after, as far as I've read, have not.
    11-01-15 06:49 PM
    In my own experience, Picture Password starts with my number in the 'magic spot' about 1 time in 20. That's 5% chance of defeating it by just tapping the screen. Granted that to you, this is anecdotal. To me it's empirical. I use picture password because it is more convenient than typing a password, but it is not as secure as many like to think.
    This is very true, I once handed my phone to my brother after explaining how great picture password was and showing him how I unlocked it and he got it on the 2nd try just by tapping the screen.
    11-01-15 07:53 PM
    It's not a gimmick. iPhone users who currently have the ability to open an application without having to input any credentials would feel like it's a backwards step if all of a sudden they needed to input their bank pin to login to their account or pay for an item.

Fingerprint scanning does more than just unlocking the phone.

Posted via CB10
    Problem with fingerprint scanners is that your fingerprint is not protected under the law. It has been proven in court that law enforcement is allowed to force a device owner to unlock their device if protected by a fingerprint. Why? Fingerprints see not considered encrypted. Whereas a pin or password is. Something to think about. Fingerprint scanners are not all they're cracked up to be.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 09:37 PM
    I have never had the number start at my unlock location but see how it could as the grid locations seem to be the same each time. Since my location is in between some of those location the number is never right on it. You may want to consider moving your secret unlock location.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 04:44 PM
    They don't have to give any dates. For anything. It's good that it runs lollipop. When they have Marshmallow secured, we'll get it. Doesn't matter when.

Posted via CB10
    terminatorx likes this.
    11-07-15 09:38 PM
    The (alleged) heat from the Priv will roast the Marshmallow.
    And that concludes my day. Thanks for the likes!

Posted via the CrackBerry App on my Priv
    mister2d likes this.
    11-07-15 09:44 PM
116 ... 345