03-13-15 09:12 AM
    That's old news. The Milan was a slider they were working on that they ended up scrapping. So this is a completely different slider

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 09:44 AM
    Did you take a look at the date posted?
    03-13-15 10:09 AM
    Did you take a look at the date posted?
    Yes
    I meant look at it it's a little bit close to the new slide

CB10 - Q10
    03-13-15 10:10 AM
    Yes
    I meant look at it it's a little bit close to the new slide

CB10 - Q10
    ...in that it's a glass rectangle with a slidey bit on the bottom?

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 10:12 AM
    Honestly, I think the new slider is the Milan that never was. Obviously over time it's evolved to cater to the current generation of devices, but otherwise same concept.

Side note, whatever happened to the Visa? I thought that was supposed to be the preview of the new slider.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 06:46 PM
    This particular Slider Design was by the Previous Management Team under THOR. It does look good, but I believe John Chen has different plans and a more unique look to the device.
    Personally I can see two variants of the John Chen Slider. A 5.2" and a 4.7" (possibly a 4.4") for Z30 and Z10 replacements. I would go with one a single 5" Slider to replace both Z30 and Z10 IMO.
    03-13-15 07:26 PM
    This particular Slider Design was by the Previous Management Team under THOR. It does look good, but I believe John Chen has different plans and a more unique look to the device.
    Personally I can see two variants of the John Chen Slider. A 5.2" and a 4.7" (possibly a 4.4") for Z30 and Z10 replacements. I would go with one a single 5" Slider to replace both Z30 and Z10 IMO.
    I personally think that 5.2 would be the perfect size

Posted via CB10
    03-13-15 07:36 PM
    I personally think that 5.2 would be the perfect size

Posted via CB10
    Praying every night for a 4.5" inch slider. Personally I think once you go bigger than that. The weight of the screen and the length of the device will get mocked by the market.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2243
    Biggles likes this.
    03-14-15 09:40 AM
    Oled screens weigh nothing, it's the housing and slide mechanism that will be any real weight but still negligible.

What does matter is the awkwardness of using such a top-long device. Also if there is no trackpad it will be worse as you have to touch the screen just that much more.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 11:27 AM
    Praying every night for a 4.5" inch slider. Personally I think once you go bigger than that. The weight of the screen and the length of the device will get mocked by the market.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2243
    I don't care what other people think about this device. It's for a niche market. If they wanted to please everyone, they would've made an all touch high-end device

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 11:45 AM
    I don't care what other people think about this device. It's for a niche market. If they wanted to please everyone, they would've made an all touch high-end device

Posted via CB10
    If they wanted to please everyone they would have made an all touch? What about the BlackBerry users who want a PKB? What you should have said is if they wanted to please YOU they would have made a high end all touch. Don't speak for everyone.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 12:09 PM
    If they wanted to please everyone they would have made an all touch? What about the BlackBerry users who want a PKB? What you should have said is if they wanted to please YOU they would have made a high end all touch. Don't speak for everyone.

Posted via CB10
    the number of people that want pkb devices is so low, that it's only a small portion of blackberries already small user base. The majority of people want a touch screen device, not just me, not just consumers, but also business users
    03-14-15 12:40 PM
    the number of people that want pkb devices is so low, that it's only a small portion of blackberries already small user base. The majority of people want a touch screen device, not just me, not just consumers, but also business users
    The slider is a touch screen device. Having a PKB doesn't change that. It will still have a virtual keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 02:01 PM
    The slider is a touch screen device. Having a PKB doesn't change that. It will still have a virtual keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    Yes but that pkb takes up space that is seen as unnecessary to all the non-pkb lovers (nearly all phone users today).

This wasted space could be used to hold a bigger battery for example.

Also because of this pkb, there will be a sliding mechanism that will be another thing that can break (and easily if it's anything like old sliders)

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 02:09 PM
    Yes but that pkb takes up space that is seen as unnecessary to all the non-pkb lovers (nearly all phone users today).

This wasted space could be used to hold a bigger battery for example.

Also because of this pkb, there will be a sliding mechanism that will be another thing that can break (and easily if it's anything like old sliders)

Posted via CB10
    But you haven't even seen the device properly yet, let alone held it. For all you know this could be BlackBerry's thinnest device with the biggest battery they've offered yet. How are you drawing these conclusions? I know my statements are just as hypothetical but don't shoot down the device till you've tried it. Just saying.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 03:40 PM
    But you haven't even seen the device properly yet, let alone held it. For all you know this could be BlackBerry's thinnest device with the biggest battery they've offered yet. How are you drawing these conclusions? I know my statements are just as hypothetical but don't shoot down the device till you've tried it. Just saying.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not shooting it down, im just stating my opinion that a full touch would've been a better option.

And yes, maybe it'll be very thin and have the biggest battery. But if that were possible, don't you think they would have done that already with the classic or the passport; both of which are fairly thick devices.
    03-14-15 03:57 PM
    I'm not shooting it down, im just stating my opinion that a full touch would've been a better option.

And yes, maybe it'll be very thin and have the biggest battery. But if that were possible, don't you think they would have done that already with the classic or the passport; both of which are fairly thick devices.
    That's fine, my initial quip was regarding you suggesting that the crowd pleaser was the all touch to which my opinion was to disagree but that's a difference in opinion so we'll leave that be.

I'll be honest, if BlackBerry alone was making the slider I honestly wouldn't suggest that it would be thinner. The battery I might still have due to BlackBerry legitimate supremacy with newer devices.

Considering the slider we saw had more than a passing resemblance to the new S6 Edge I don't think hardware wise this will be your typical BlackBerry. If you want an example of a bigger battery in a thin device look at the one plus one. It has a 3100 mAh battery and is easily on of the thinner devices available.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 05:53 PM
    Really hoping for something small like the Z10. Everything new is just a bit too big for my tastes. Sure hope the Z10 isn't the last one of its size.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 06:55 PM
    Wasn't the Milan an OS 7 phone that got scrapped?

Either way I'm pumped for the new slider.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 02:26 AM
    I can make this thread debate easier. BlackBerry is talking with their enterprise clients and seeing what they want in a device. The ones that are being most asked for at an enterprise level are being built. Simple as that.

If it bleeds to consumers, cool. If not, well that is not Blackberrys market at this time.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 02:51 AM
    If they wanted to please everyone, they would've made an all touch high-end device
    Yeah. "Everyone," including me. I'd love an all-touch, high-end device compatible with AT&T'S LTE... but NO. >sigh<

Thumb-flicked from my Z30 via CB10
    03-17-15 11:18 AM