Has anyone used the BlackBerry legacy ringtones on priv? I downloaded a file from somewhere when I moved to the Q10. Might have even been on BBW? They are all on my SD card and the Q10 uses them from there. I assume on the priv I need to move them to the device memory or I'll lose them every time I reboot?

Have to have the old lightspeed text notification or its just not a BlackBerry. LOL

Posted via CB10 from AT&T Q10
    09-02-16 05:19 PM
    Yep there's a Notifications folder and a Ringtones folder to drop your custom tones. FYI for unique text notifications your usually have to configure that from whatever SMS app you're using (as opposed to in the System settings).

Posted via CrackBerry on my BlackBerry PRIV
    nvsfg likes this.
    09-02-16 05:25 PM
    Yep there's a Notifications folder and a Ringtones folder to drop your custom tones. FYI for unique text notifications your usually have to configure that from whatever SMS app you're using (as opposed to in the System Settings
    Very true, and one of my pet peeves with Android. I really miss the ease of customization from BB10. I don't remember Android being this much of a pain in the a**.

I have to use a separate MMS app, separate app to variable sound profiles for text / mms, and dig around in system files to add music, ringtones, and alert tones.

Posted from my reluctantly purchased Priv
    09-02-16 05:38 PM
    Yep there's a Notifications folder and a Ringtones folder to drop your custom tones. FYI for unique text notifications your usually have to configure that from whatever SMS app you're using (as opposed to in the System settings).

I have a RINGTONE folder but I don't see a Notification Folder. Lollipop here.

edited to add: I have a feeling that *I* created the Ringtone folder. It is in the root of Internal Memory. I now see there is a Ringtone Folder under Media/Audio.

storage/emulated/0/media/audio/ringtones/

But I still don't see a "notifications" folder.
    09-02-16 05:51 PM
    That's what I was wondering when I read ringtones AND notifications folder. Which one is native that I should put my legacy tones in??

Posted via CB10 from AT&T Q10
    09-02-16 06:18 PM
    Hmm, I may have manually created that Notifications folder as a workaround for a problem when I first got the PRIV. Looks like I only have a few tones in there, the Ringtones folder has everything. Sorry for causing confusion...

FF22 likes this.
    09-02-16 06:37 PM
    I have a RINGTONE folder but I don't see a Notification Folder. Lollipop here.

edited to add: I have a feeling that *I* created the Ringtone folder. It is in the root of Internal Memory. I now see there is a Ringtone Folder under Media/Audio.

storage/emulated/0/media/audio/ringtones/

But I still don't see a "notifications" folder.
    I have a ringtones folder and a notifications folder. But the only thing in the notifications folder are 2 options for severe weather notifications. I think that some folders are created by different apps. I have The Weather Channel App. I didn't create the notifications folder or the notifications in it. I also have a scanner app folder that appeared after I downloaded and used it the first time. These folders are shown in the internal memory. I don't have to go to root to see them.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-02-16 08:04 PM