Just wanted to share that with the latest launcher update, I don't know if anyone else noticed but when you touch an icon on the home screen or the app drawer, there is an ugly square that appears for just a few milliseconds, it's very quick yet VERY noticeable.

So what I did is I went on apkmirror.com and downloaded the apk of the previous launcher from October 12th, version 1.1.6.8171. And gone are the ugly squares!

Note that you first have to uninstall the launcher updates from the App settings, and when installing the good apk, you might/will probably lose all your home screen configs, so prepare to drag icons around
    12-23-17 04:42 PM
    I don't notice any squares on my Priv, care to elaborate?
    12-23-17 05:41 PM
    I don't see them, either.
    12-23-17 05:47 PM
    I downloaded the latest BlackBerry Launcher on my Priv a few days ago I believe it was and I'm not experiencing what the OP is talking about... 🤔

Bob
    12-23-17 06:22 PM
    OP, are you referring to the light grey shadow box that appears just as you tap an icon??

Use a lighter colored wallpaper background perhaps?
    Last edited by tdyhedge; 12-23-17 at 11:51 PM.
    12-23-17 11:36 PM
    OP, are you referring to the light grey shadow box that appears just as you tap an icon??

Use a lighter colored wallpaper background perhaps?
    Yes, that! The shadow box! It's so bad with this latest update that it was worth it for me to stick to the October one which most definitely does not have that problem. It just looks so in-your-face it's really hard not to see it

The background stayed the same the whole time, so the difference is clearly only the launcher version.
    12-24-17 03:59 AM
    I don't notice any squares on my Priv, care to elaborate?
    Sounds drug related to me???
    skstrials likes this.
    12-24-17 04:10 PM
    lol someone is OCD. Didn't even know what the OP was talking about. Took a few taps to notice. Certainly not "in your face" lol.
    Last edited by ray689; 12-24-17 at 06:13 PM.
    12-24-17 05:10 PM
    you can try going to the developers option, and turn window animation scale to .5x and the other two transition animations completely off.

It will also speed up your phone for other tasks too.
    12-26-17 10:09 AM
    you can try going to the developers option, and turn window animation scale to .5x and the other two transition animations completely off.

It will also speed up your phone for other tasks too.
    It's the first thing I do on any Android phone lol. That doesn't help with this issue though, so anyone who also can't stand it should stick with the October version of BB launcher
    12-26-17 03:34 PM
    Just wanted to share that with the latest launcher update, I don't know if anyone else noticed but when you touch an icon on the home screen or the app drawer, there is an ugly square that appears for just a few milliseconds, it's very quick yet VERY noticeable.

So what I did is I went on apkmirror.com and downloaded the apk of the previous launcher from October 12th, version 1.1.6.8171. And gone are the ugly squares!

Note that you first have to uninstall the launcher updates from the App settings, and when installing the good apk, you might/will probably lose all your home screen configs, so prepare to drag icons around
    Certainly not worth the effort or angst on my part.
    12-26-17 04:58 PM