When I click on the icon, a pop up message says " 'the app associated with this shortcut is still installing". What to do, I was considering uninstalling and re-installing to see if it helps my phone's performance. How do I do those steps please.
    02-14-19 10:10 PM
    Hi, nonya10009:

I just started having the same problem yesterday. Since your question was dated 5 months ago, I'm assuming you have long since resolved it - but, just in case, here's what worked for me: re-select and download a second version of the problem icon (obviously in a different location on your home page). Make sure it functions, then remove the old icon (the unusable one with the Launcher message).

My current problem is that I don't recognize the app one of the icons represents, so, until I discover what an icon that looks like files with a capital letter A on it is, I'm stuck!

Good luck!
    07-15-19 06:57 AM
    Update: I figured out which app shortcut icon it was: "keyboard shortcuts." So I put a new shortcut icon for that app onto my home page, (and deleted the one that Blackberry Launcher had hijacked and made unusable).

Immediate problem resolved.

So now, if someone much more knowledgeable than I can figure out why Blackberry Launcher (suddenly!) keeps doing this, maybe we can come up with a long-term permanent solution!

BTW, I'm using the WONDERFUL Key2 LE dual sim (absolutely LOVE IT!!!). And although Verizon indisputably has the best network (we used it FOREVER and were very happy with it), now we're on our military son's T-Mobile account: costs less than half of what we were paying on Verizon, AND everything in unlimited. T-Mobile makes it SO easy to bring your own unlocked phone (even though we are now without reception when traveling through the Shenandoah Valley!).

And, no, I don't work for T-Mobile, but I DO appreciate their generosity to our military members. (I just wish they had a more comprehensive network!)
    07-15-19 09:58 AM