Dear Community,

I'm trying to setup keyboard multi-language setup (never setup before).
    I followed this guide : "How to set up multi-language keyboard support on the BlackBerry Priv | CrackBerry.com"

I tried to setup as this:
    - primary language : French
    - supporting languages : English (UK)
    Clicking on save button and then enable now ....

Nothing appear ... no new "active input method" is created as "French/English (UK)" and so new language input method other than the standard which is french.

If I come back to the first screen the place to add multi-language keyboard ... nothing here is appearing too ... only default message "blah blah" in the back ground of this screen.

I tried with many language variant and always same things.
    I tried some searches in CB and found this "http://forums.crackberry.com/ask-que...-ever-1103373/"
    My screen never have as input method a "1st language/2nd language" created as in mad_mdx screenshot.

I tried to restart in safe mode but same things.
    I reseted all apps permissions ... nothing more.
    I don't have reseted yet all the phone for this trouble.

Here are my apps versions:
    BlackBerry Keyboard Version: 2.60.11161
    BlackBerry Hub+: 1.5.2.44633

Advice are very welcomed.
    Is someone is encountering this problem ? ... or only me ?
    Does I need to reset a new times to try if something change .... (Already three times since the beginning of PRIV/android use) and I'm really bored as if it is related to system update it's useless ?

I'm desperate.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kr,
    Moo
    05-10-17 05:16 PM
    Weird... Works great for me. But my keyboard and Hub+ services appear to have a smaller version number. Are you on beta or something?
    I'd try wiping keyboard app's "App data" for starters. Btw, I've been using the multi-language keyboard for more than 6 months, never had a single problem with it.
    BlackBerry Keyboard Troubles-screenshot_20170511-092407.jpg
    BlackBerry Keyboard Troubles-screenshot_20170511-092418.jpg
    BlackBerry Keyboard Troubles-screenshot_20170511-092422.jpg
    BlackBerry Keyboard Troubles-screenshot_20170511-092435.jpg
    BlackBerry Keyboard Troubles-screenshot_20170511-092441.jpg
    BlackBerry Keyboard Troubles-screenshot_20170511-092529.jpg
    BlackBerry Keyboard Troubles-screenshot_20170511-092535.jpg
    jafobabe likes this.
    05-11-17 02:32 AM
    Hello,

Many thanks Mirko935 for taking time to answer me.

I have Android 6.0.1 and security patch level 1 April 2017.

Having troubles with my PRIV I use it until now for mobility and tethering purpose using my BB Clasic as prinipal one for mail, BBM, ... and no exotic apps.

The config on PRIV is very light, no contact, no mail account .... a sort of modem for my notebook

So I have reverted back some apps which have been updated to default version this evening:
    - BlackBerry Keyboard from 2.60.11161 to 2.0.0.5803
    - BlackBerry Hub+ Services from 1.5.2.44633 to BlackBerry Services 1.2.1.37032
    - Google play services from 11.0.38 (440) to 10.0.84 (440) due to "No location access" popup added by google in last version > "https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-3t/help/location-access-t3584764/page3" and comment posted on official google play web site where people ask to remove new nag screen !

I can't remove security patch to previous one or don't know how to do it.

I followed your guide (thanks for this) doing exactly same things but multi-language keyboard French/English (UK) is never created or added or listed leaving multi-language keyboard empty.

So I have activate two different keyboard French and English (UK) and I'm jumping between two keyboards.

Next step I will try to upgrade BB Keyboards to 2.5.1.11009 and BB Hub+ Services to 1.5.1.44322 as I found official apk.

That's amazing.

Kr,
    Moo
    05-11-17 05:12 PM
    Hello,

Now it works ... Hourah !
    If someone encoutered trouble to setup multi-language keyboard .... here is what I did

1- Language & Input > BB Keyboard Settings > Advanced > Download over metered connection = Enabled
    2- Same Menu > Language key = Enabled
    3- Back in Input Lnaguages Menu > Enable all required keyboard
    4- Now in a soft text field type some text to activate software keyboard
    5- Press Space Bar about 2sec
    6- A popup menu ask you which keyboard you want to use and at the bottom there is an option to Merge Keyboard ... select it
    7- You are propulsed on the Add multi-language keyboard settings with all needed
    8- Validate or change following your needs before validating
    9- Activate the new keyboard (which appear now)
    10- Disable all previously enabled single lamguage keyboard
    11- Restart the phone

I have loosed all keybord after step 9 (physical and software) but after restarting the PRIV all is good.

Kr,
    Moo
    05-30-17 02:24 AM