So after many months of using the PRIV I must admit I just didn't like android interface and how stuff works.

The idea of no folders for apps and to use app drawer is just not my thing. options to disable and uninstall apps, widgets and shortcuts it's just not what I used to do things or like doing things.

I'm used to IOS and BlackBerry OS10 work flow of just push on the app for few seconds and makes the apps start toggling and you can press the x mark to delete them .

Create folders for apps and organize them like that is what I have been doing for the past 5 years or so.

I don't know why BlackBerry didn't take that into perspective and make a theme that is more like a Blackberry OS10.

Anyway I went and installed a launcher from playstore called iLauncher and it cost about 3 bucks and change Canadian.

It's very sweet and it's definitely changed my user experience in Android. Still has few features missing but I'm hoping that over time they would add them .

It also supports different icons pack. You just have to find the ones that support this launcher . It also support shortcuts and option to change the icons for the ones you don't like.

Also, I went and installed an app called Simpler Dialer and made it as my default dialer and so simple and amazing.

Left swipe to add contact and left swipe to text and it's very intuitive and not confusing like the default dialer . This app is free, you can pay for extra options but the free edition is ads free and you really won't need to pay extra.

I made this post for people in the same situation and looking for something truly decent and clean and ads free.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails Blackberry IOS 10 / iPhone experience on Priv-13193.jpg  
    Last edited by Akamali; 03-13-16 at 01:33 AM.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-13-16 01:19 AM
    One more screenshot

Attached Thumbnails Blackberry IOS 10 / iPhone experience on Priv-13194.jpg  
    03-13-16 01:22 AM
    FWIW, you can long press to disable/uninstall apps, create folders, and use custom icon packs in the stock launcher as well.
    03-13-16 01:45 AM
    FWIW, you can long press to disable/uninstall apps, create folders, and use custom icon packs in the stock launcher as well.
    Yes, that's true. But generally the work flow is little different. If you are iPhone and BlackBerry 10 user you will know what I mean.

But that's for clarifying that

jm1219 likes this.
    03-13-16 01:49 AM
    Having left the BlackBerry world moving to an iPhone in 2013, the Priv is refreshing to comes back to. The overall Android environment can be intimidating, so much available to customize, apps for everything that should be in the stock OS yet once you bed in it's easy. Having passed my Priv to colleagues at work, 3 have moved to a Priv from iPhone or other Android device in the last week's. The iPhone people have stumbled yet once you guide them around, folders, add, delete, change the launcher, etc. They are staying BlackBerry.

03-13-16 03:21 AM
    I hope I win the Priv contest. I think it was a smart move by Blackberry to move onto an Android platform, given their dismal phone sales. That being said, I'm really holding out, for a Z30 type Blackberry/Android phone. I hope one is in the works. Since the smartphone revolution, all I've ever owned is Blackberry, up to last week, when I purchased a used Galaxy Note 4 when I dropped my Z30 on the pavement in NYC one frigid afternoon. The only thing positive I have to say about the Note 4 is the robust selection of Apps. Otherwise, give me Blackberry OS 10 any day. In fact, I actually went and picked up another Z30, which I switch back and forth with. I have nothing negative to say about the Z30 except the limited App selection. Although smaller than the Note 4, I make fewer mistakes typing on the Z30, even with my big thumbs and the battery has a life built for space travel! It lasts me all day. Come on Blackberry, I'm expectantly waiting.

03-13-16 09:11 AM