I've had various BlackBerry phones for the past 10 years now. I've had a Z30 for the past two and a half years, but it's at the end of its life. I love BB10 and think in so many ways it's far superior to android. However, I think it would be silly to buy a Passport now (I miss countless fb messages and unfortunately have to use whatsapp), and to be honest I much prefer all touch devices, I can type just as quickly on them. However, aside from the Dtek which I won't look at because I don't want a mid range device, BlackBerry have no all touch offerings.

That's my first complaint. If they honestly want to compete with the likes of Samsung and Apple, how can you not have a decent all touch device on the market?!

I also own a galaxy s6 edge on my US number, which I find simply adequate, and don't want to replace my UK phone with an S6 or 7 or other standard android.

That leaves me by default with the Priv, whose name I still cannot stand. I don't particularly want a slider, or a physical keyboard, but the advantage of the Priv is that I don't have to use it.

So I looked online and saw Carphone Warehouse has the cheapest deals, �399 sim free. Local store apparently had them in stock ready to pick up. So off I went to pick one up. "A what? Ohh, no we don't have any BlackBerry's." "Are you sure, look here online, it says you do" "that's wrong, we got a message the other month to send them all back because they weren't selling". Wtf.

Their shelves were lined with random crappy phones I've never seen or heard of before, from manufacturers I can't pronounce, but they don't have a single BlackBerry. I could have bought a 'kazam life b7' or a 'Doro Phoneeasy 612' or even a 'Huawei Y3' but not BlackBerry's flagship phone.

When even a loyal customer tries to give BlackBerry money and fails, what hope have they got?? Do they have anybody sat in their marketing department, do they want me to come and do it for them maybe?
    1. Make a decent all touch android phone.
    2. Price it right, even if they simply break even. They don't yet have the brand recognition they used to, they can't justify the prices they keep coming up with.
    3. Get it into the hands of famous and influential media people. Give them away.
    4. Follow up with some actual adverts, people need to know BlackBerry is still alive. I literally couldn't believe when I was walking away from my attempt to purchase the Priv, colleague of the guy 'helping' me asked him "BlackBerry are still in business,didn't realise they still made phones?"

Btw, before I run around other stores trying to find someone who has heard of BlackBerry, has anybody owned a Priv and a Galaxy S6 or 7? Which do you prefer?

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes likes this.
    08-18-16 03:07 PM
    Luckily, I bought a brand new Z30 off the interwebs to replace my current Z30 (which is still rock solid) when I heard what BB was releasing. When my alpha '30 gives it up, I will still have a new Z30 to continue marching on with until/IF they do drop a "real flagship all touchy device".
    Not the mid price stuff they are targeting the Enterprise demographic (for install costing), and the entry level consumer.

Sigh......
    08-18-16 03:13 PM
    I've had various BlackBerry phones for the past 10 years now. I've had a Z30 for the past two and a half years, but it's at the end of its life. I love BB10 and think in so many ways it's far superior to android. However, I think it would be silly to buy a Passport now (I miss countless fb messages and unfortunately have to use whatsapp), and to be honest I much prefer all touch devices, I can type just as quickly on them. However, aside from the Dtek which I won't look at because I don't want a mid range device, BlackBerry have no all touch offerings.

That's my first complaint. If they honestly want to compete with the likes of Samsung and Apple, how can you not have a decent all touch device on the market?!

I also own a galaxy s6 edge on my US number, which I find simply adequate, and don't want to replace my UK phone with an S6 or 7 or other standard android.

That leaves me by default with the Priv, whose name I still cannot stand. I don't particularly want a slider, or a physical keyboard, but the advantage of the Priv is that I don't have to use it.

So I looked online and saw Carphone Warehouse has the cheapest deals, �399 sim free. Local store apparently had them in stock ready to pick up. So off I went to pick one up. "A what? Ohh, no we don't have any BlackBerry's." "Are you sure, look here online, it says you do" "that's wrong, we got a message the other month to send them all back because they weren't selling". Wtf.

Their shelves were lined with random crappy phones I've never seen or heard of before, from manufacturers I can't pronounce, but they don't have a single BlackBerry. I could have bought a 'kazam life b7' or a 'Doro Phoneeasy 612' or even a 'Huawei Y3' but not BlackBerry's flagship phone.

When even a loyal customer tries to give BlackBerry money and fails, what hope have they got?? Do they have anybody sat in their marketing department, do they want me to come and do it for them maybe?
    1. Make a decent all touch android phone.
    2. Price it right, even if they simply break even. They don't yet have the brand recognition they used to, they can't justify the prices they keep coming up with.
    3. Get it into the hands of famous and influential media people. Give them away.
    4. Follow up with some actual adverts, people need to know BlackBerry is still alive. I literally couldn't believe when I was walking away from my attempt to purchase the Priv, colleague of the guy 'helping' me asked him "BlackBerry are still in business,didn't realise they still made phones?"

Btw, before I run around other stores trying to find someone who has heard of BlackBerry, has anybody owned a Priv and a Galaxy S6 or 7? Which do you prefer?

Posted via CB10
    There's a thread comparing the S7 and Priv, I believe.
    08-18-16 04:05 PM
    Mate.. I bought mine from Carphone. It really isnt that difficult.

Or maybe I should say it wasnt that much of hassle for me. My shop down the road still has it on display. I bought it online and collected it with no problems.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-19-16 04:34 PM
    The DTEK50 is surprisingly quick. We have several around the house, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. It does a great job keeping up with the Priv.

As Bla1ze has said, the only time you see a bit of hiccups is when you are driving it hard with a lot of open apps.
    08-19-16 04:44 PM
    My Priv kills my old Z30 is so many ways....

Clicked and flicked with my Priv.
    08-19-16 04:45 PM
    I buy all my BlackBerrys from ShopBlackberry since the Classic. Less bloatware, unlocked and non carrier dependant.

Posted via my Priv
    08-19-16 11:35 PM