Hey, since last update I am seeing this. Yesterday it dropped from 100% to 55% within couple of hours and I was not using the phone at all. I rebooted the phone but it just keeps dropping.
    Attached Thumbnails blackberry hub+ draining the battery-83177.jpg  
    11-22-16 04:36 PM
    Hey, since last update I am seeing this. Yesterday it dropped from 100% to 55% within couple of hours and I was not using the phone at all. I rebooted the phone but it just keeps dropping.
    Facebook is reported by many to be a big battery drain. I don't know enough to speculated that Facebook may be driving the Hub battery drain, too!
    11-22-16 05:00 PM
    Clear the hub cache, readd the acc
    11-22-16 05:01 PM
    I cleared hub cache and now it is even worse.
    Attached Thumbnails blackberry hub+ draining the battery-83216.jpg  
    11-23-16 12:01 PM
    The official facebook app is crap. Install Swipe or something or just use the browser.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-16 12:07 PM
    There's an update for BlackBerry hub services again just now
    baspeed likes this.
    11-23-16 12:18 PM
    I have uninstalled Facebook - this is why it's showing Catana
    11-23-16 01:26 PM
    Ok, after uninstalling Facebook and draining battery to zero, it appears it is fine now. But before the Hub+ usage went over 102% lol
    Attached Thumbnails blackberry hub+ draining the battery-83234.jpg  
    11-24-16 11:38 AM
    My android OS consumes max amount of bat followed by screen. Screen battery consumption could be managed with reducing the brightness but is there a way to curb android OS to let my phone live longer without charge??
    Attached Thumbnails blackberry hub+ draining the battery-30527.jpg  
    11-24-16 12:29 PM
    Pix missed to upload with the previous msg
    Attached Thumbnails blackberry hub+ draining the battery-30526.jpg  
    11-24-16 12:31 PM
    Pix missed to upload with the previous msg
    Have you rebooted. Maybe that would recalibrate the way the OS uses the battery.

From BB blog: How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Three restart/reboot methods

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds
    Select Reboot from the menu that is presented

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Press and hold the Power key for 12 seconds

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.

And just for an extra measure, if needed:

Safe Mode:

The next step is placing your device into safe mode.

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed. Safe Mode may also remove apps and/or widgets from your various home screens when you go back to Normal.

Press and hold the power key
    Tap and hold Power off (that is Press/Hold the Power Off prompt line) when it appears
    When prompted, tap OK to reboot to Safe Mode

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.
    11-24-16 01:07 PM
    Thanks. I wd try what you suggested
    11-24-16 01:21 PM
    I did the 3rd method but not sure what has finally helped...
    11-24-16 02:51 PM
    There's an update for BlackBerry hub services again just now
    is it official? or just a beta release?
    11-24-16 10:21 PM
    is it official? or just a beta release?
    Still beta release
    11-27-16 04:47 AM
    Still beta release
    too bad, i can't access the beta. not sure why BBRY doesn't want to open another new beta batch. should i initiate a petition?
    11-28-16 12:08 AM
    When Hub+ added Facebook and Messenger it was FB combined with Android System that was killing my battery fast. Uninstalled FB and everything was fine. Then a Hub+ update came through and this time it was Messenger that was draining the battery even with zero use. Uninstalled that and battery now seems fine.

What's interesting is that I had a better battery life back on Lollipop.
    anon(823957) likes this.
    11-28-16 07:19 AM
    For folks seeing heavy Hub+ Services battery drain, are you heavy WhatsApp users by any chance?
    zephyr613 likes this.
    11-28-16 11:35 AM
    For folks seeing heavy Hub+ Services battery drain, are you heavy WhatsApp users by any chance?
    Not me; never used WhatsApp in my life. I'm finding the culprit to be FB and / or Messenger.
    11-28-16 11:39 AM
    Yes for me.
    I have been thinking there's a link between the two, so much so that I disabled it from appearing in the HUB. This didn't stop it as I think the link is still there regardless.
    My recent strategy is when I detect an increase, I Force Stop both HUB+ and WhatsApp. They both automatically restart, but it seems to kill whatever process that went awry and it stops the drain.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-28-16 12:27 PM
    Yes I do use WhatsApp daily, hourly etc. WhatsApp had no major effect on battery on my side, Facebook and Facebook messenger is the major culprit I think, I had to uninstall both to get battery life back to normal, hope this helps.
    11-28-16 03:01 PM
    Hi c_bryant34, great that you could pop in. Since the last official Hub update several users (including myself) have reported that the official Facebook and Messenger apps have increased their battery usage on BlackBerry Android devices (in my case a factory unlocked PRIV on MM).

I use WhatsApp quite regularly, but haven't noticed that it uses up much of the battery. It is Facebook and Messenger (which were already quite big battery hogs) which seem to be giving problems with Hub syncing since a few weeks ago.

We would be thankful if you could take a look at the issue and specially observe if this is occurring with the newest Hub beta update. Thanks in advance.

Note: The erased apps on the attached pic correspond to Facebook and Messenger. I did use Facebook a bit today, but not Messenger.

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails blackberry hub+ draining the battery-img_20161128_223618.jpg  
    11-28-16 10:41 PM
    I would just like to add that unlike those above, I do not have Facebook or Messenger installed. I definitely think WhatsApp is a factor for me.
    11-29-16 07:57 AM
    When Hub+ added Facebook and Messenger it was FB combined with Android System that was killing my battery fast. Uninstalled FB and everything was fine. Then a Hub+ update came through and this time it was Messenger that was draining the battery even with zero use. Uninstalled that and battery now seems fine.

What's interesting is that I had a better battery life back on Lollipop.
    This is the issue I'm seeing - Facebook or Messenger at the top of the list with Android System in tow. Any of the three are keeping the phone awake for 8+ hours. Uninstalled both Facebook and Messenger and my battery is back to normal.

I would be willing to uninstall BlackBerry Hub Services, reinstall Facebook and Messenger and see if this makes a difference, but I'm a heavy user of the Password app.
    11-29-16 03:12 PM
    This is the issue I'm seeing - Facebook or Messenger at the top of the list with Android System in tow. Any of the three are keeping the phone awake for 8+ hours. Uninstalled both Facebook and Messenger and my battery is back to normal.

I would be willing to uninstall BlackBerry Hub Services, reinstall Facebook and Messenger and see if this makes a difference, but I'm a heavy user of the Password app.
    If you're seeing the drain attributed to Facebook or Messenger, then it has nothing to do with Hub+ Services. Uninstalling Hub+ Services will just force you to set all your stuff up again, and won't provide any benefit or change to another app being a resource hog.

Reason I asked specifically about WhatsApp users is that we found WhatsApp seemingly frequently hammers the Contacts database (check DTEK app and you might see it) and causes it to look like contacts were changed, so we run a bunch of updates on the data we keep to make sure names are displaying appropriately per whats in your address book. It was causing a bunch of unnecessary processing, but we have a fix in our next release coming very very soon.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    11-30-16 12:57 PM
42 12