After a week of slow, laggy, inconsistent performance, I've abandoned the HUB. I loved the HUB on my Z10, fast, elegant, powerful. The PRIV Hub is tedious. I can access all my email accounts through the Gmail App, texts through Messenger, BBMs through BBM, and other notifications through individual apps (Facebook, Twitter, and ones that the HUB doesn't even support), all lightning fast. Am I missing anything? (By the way, love the Priv keyboard and Priv Smart Flip Case).
    11-18-15 07:02 AM
    I have android and apple devices, accessing emails and accounts are nowhere near HUB. For me I don't see any point buying a Priv without HUB. Too many past experiences with Android and IOS where I got tired of clicking opening apps or drop down list just to access multiple accounts. Also HUB access to email attachments is a must.

Posted via CB10
    rhamblet likes this.
    11-18-15 07:07 AM
    After a week of slow, laggy, inconsistent performance, I've abandoned the HUB. I loved the HUB on my Z10, fast, elegant, powerful. The PRIV Hub is tedious. I can access all my email accounts through the Gmail App, texts through Messenger, BBMs through BBM, and other notifications through individual apps (Facebook, Twitter, and ones that the HUB doesn't even support), all lightning fast. Am I missing anything? (By the way, love the Priv keyboard and Priv Smart Flip Case).
    Interesting food for thought.

I suspect I'd forego the Hub as-is for now, as it seems not to be as functional on Android as it is on BB10 IMHO.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    11-18-15 07:10 AM
    Coming from Android, I have no experience with the Hub on BB10 but from many sources it sounds like it'd be a step back indeed.

For me however, it's a step forward. You definitely don't need it on Android, and I survived without it for many years, but it's the best e-mail aggregator I've found so far. If you expect to use it for e-mail and text messages only, it works just fine. No issues with attachments here in either Gmail or Office365 accounts, and unlike the Gmail app, Hub offers rich text editing as well (e.g. I like to use italic text for emphasis). I've stopped the Gmail sync and am using Hub exclusively for all of my mail.
    Teleo, c_bryant34, gvs1341 and 1 others like this.
    11-18-15 07:16 AM
    For a BlackBerry user, no Hub means hardship because you are used to its convenient way and smooth flows.. all in one. You can see all attachments with one tap.
    For new user Hub is like a revelation. You can try a BB10 to see how good it is.

Posted via CB10
    rhamblet likes this.
    11-18-15 07:29 AM
    Coming from Android, I have no experience with the Hub on BB10 but from many sources it sounds like it'd be a step back indeed.

For me however, it's a step forward. You definitely don't need it on Android, and I survived without it for many years, but it's the best e-mail aggregator I've found so far. If you expect to use it for e-mail and text messages only, it works just fine. No issues with attachments here in either Gmail or Office365 accounts, and unlike the Gmail app, Hub offers rich text editing as well (e.g. I like to use italic text for emphasis). I've stopped the Gmail sync and am using Hub exclusively for all of my mail.
    Now THAT is an interesting perspective. Thanks for sharing. It's good to hear from non BB10 users.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport 
    FF22 likes this.
    11-18-15 07:31 AM
    Have no issues with the HUB; I'm confident that with time BlackBerry will make it as robust as it is on present BB10 OS.

I am liking my Priv more and more as each day passes. Android takes getting used to, just like all new things in life.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by wincyUt; 11-18-15 at 04:10 PM.
    11-18-15 07:42 AM
    Coming from android I think the hub is great. I haven't had any issues with it either...no lagging...texts sent or received display instantly etc. Without the hub everything is just a mess imo.
    11-18-15 07:50 AM
    I do not think the HUB is necessary; I like all my communications in one place. Have since the days of the universal folder. If that appeals to you, the HUB is great!

Sent from Jiggy's Priv. . . .
    11-18-15 07:51 AM
    Yes, the Hub on the Z10 is a delight. On the Priv, not so much.
    11-18-15 07:52 AM
    I think BlackBerry added it to make bb10 fans happy. Android has been more than fine without it
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    11-18-15 09:03 AM
    THe problem with the current version of the Hub is:
    !. it is missing key integerations, such as Whatsapp and other things.
    2. It is slow in opening messages and replying, Switching to other apps etc. Not integerated well like BB10.
    3. It is missing key features such as pinch to only see new messages, instant actrions (read,Unread), reply, etc. ALL OF THE THINGS THAT MADE IT PRODUCTIVE!

AND android on its own has a hub when you swipe down and all ur messages,notfications, hell even top google news message shows up dere and you swipe it off to get rid of it.

In that regard, i agree with the OP, HUB is pretty pointless as it stands currently. I am rooting for it to become more productive, so I can actually use that.
    11-18-15 09:37 AM
    Wondering why BB doesn't issue a quick fix for this. Go after the low hanging fruit - laggy behavior, etc. and send out a quick update through Google Play. It's not that difficult really. Many App developers issues immediate fixes for issues (within a day or two) but we're coming up on 2 weeks of HUB complaints and still nothing from Blackberry.
    11-18-15 10:07 AM
    I would not have purchased a Priv without the Hub.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv
    wincyUt likes this.
    11-18-15 11:07 AM
    I've been using Android phones for more than half a decade, never touched BB10. The Priv appeals to me because of the keyboard, the battery, and the lack of a skin. Honestly, Blackberry's software, and security measures are the two reasons that I probably won't end up buying the phone. I've never used the HUB and honestly don't know why I would. I don't have hundreds of emails a day to keep track of, and I usually deal with my notifications as soon as I get them, or I leave them up to remind me to get to them later. For me Android is a great OS how it is, and doesn't need a separate app to handle notifications.

I can see why BB10 converts are frustrated though. The functionality is not good enough for die hard BB10 users to be satisfied, and most Android users aren't going to want to change the way the use the phone to get that limited functionality. Hopefully they integrate it better into Android because it has potential.
    11-18-15 11:24 AM
    Not having either Hub or Android experience prior to this phone, I like it. To me, it's handing with multiple email accounts and text all showing up in one spot.
    11-18-15 12:20 PM
    Without the Hub, I have 3 apps open: Textra, AquaMail, and Facebook Messenger to do the job that the Hub did in BB10. Not the most efficient thing, but it won't kill me.

Just waiting on BB Droid(s) to run on Marshmallow......
    11-18-15 12:26 PM
    I've been using Android phones for more than half a decade,
    How to make 5 years seem a long time rather than a short time!!!!

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 12:35 PM
    You don't know what you have until it's gone, then revisited.

That's the case for me, loved Hub on BB10 but I wasn't sure why it was a feature touted and glamoured over. It just seemed like a standard.

Going to Android, I like how BlackBerry organized the notifications. But once you dismiss them there's no bringing it back.

This is where the Hub shines. I can go back and catch up on anything I may have missed or disregarded for a later time.

Honestly, I'm impressed every time I open Hub like, "This aggregation is awesome"

But the lag kills me. Wouldn't say there's no point, but it just can't be used to its full potential yet.

For what it is, its still very useful.

11-18-15 12:36 PM
    I love all messaging in one spot. No hub = not for me.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Silver Passport!
    11-18-15 12:42 PM
    I just wish the Priv Hub were as powerful as the BB10 hub.
    11-18-15 12:44 PM
    It doesn't work well on android tbh and it also seems kinda pointless since it just serves as a shortcut to your messenger app.

11-18-15 01:29 PM
    I think there is a consensus brewing here that will result in a lot of users deleting the Hub altogether!

An update is needed from BBRY soon, else I'm going to learn to live with stock Android.

11-18-15 01:39 PM
    The complaints about the hub make me think there's something going on here.

Either Android sucks for smoothly integrating all the communication apps in such a way that the Priv Hub resembles the BB10 Hub.

Or...

BlackBerry's half-a55ed attempt at the hub is indicative of a lackadaisical attitude in the product planning department, instead opting to deliver a product to the consumer with a little note that reads "Thanks for buying the Priv, but we simply can't be bothered to polish it up. Go to the Play store and figure it out for yourself".

It really seems like the Android kiddies have taken over and the result is consistent with other Android products - a discombobulated mess.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-18-15 01:47 PM
    Have no issues with the HUB; I confident that with time BlackBerry will make it as robust as it is on present BB10 OS.

I am liking my Priv more and more as each day passes. Android takes getting used to, just like all new things in life.
    ^^^ THIS ^^^
    AndrewOrlowski likes this.
    11-18-15 02:32 PM
57 123