Nice but the flashing of white when switching views is annoying.
    Did you re boot? I had the flashing white as well, but i re booted and as far as i can tell now, it's gone away.

Edit
    Re tested, and yep, the white flash is bad as ever ....

Oh well, it'll get fixed in due course, i can wait, lol ....
    Last edited by Heavens1; 02-08-17 at 04:17 AM.
    02-08-17 03:16 AM
    Black would look much better on Priv's AMOLED display.
    02-08-17 03:37 AM
    How can i update only the app? sideload? 10.3.2.x here on a Q10. I don't want to update de system
    It's an update for bb android devices only ....
    02-08-17 04:17 AM
    I must be in the minority here because I think it looks great...easy on the eyes. Not going to pick at nits over whether it's "grey" or "black".

Also not noticing the animation stuttering others have mentioned. I wonder if it's because I have my animations turned down in Developer Options
    I agree... looks good to me. Black... Gray... can't please everyone I guess.

No issues with animation either and I'm set at .5.

Bob
    john_v and Event4izon like this.
    02-08-17 07:37 AM
    I agree... looks good to me. Black... Gray... can't please everyone I guess.

No issues with animation either and I'm set at .5.

Bob
    .5 is what I'm at as well
    02-08-17 07:38 AM
    Did you re boot? I had the flashing white as well, but i re booted and as far as i can tell now, it's gone away.

Edit
    Re tested, and yep, the white flash is bad as ever ....

Oh well, it'll get fixed in due course, i can wait, lol ....
    Further to this, pinch to filter unread/read messages flip flops from white and black screen. Sometimes, the screen is white. Other times, it's black. Weird.
    02-08-17 08:50 AM
    Here are screenshots of what I'm talking about.
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry Hub App Released-1578825.jpg  
    02-08-17 09:08 AM
    White background.
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry Hub App Released-1578826.jpg  
    02-08-17 09:21 AM
    My biggest issue with the dark hub option is that only the hub and emails show as dark. Text messages, BBM's and any other type of messages that you receive in the hub still show as white when you open the message. Tried it for about an hour but this constant switch between white and dark has made the choice for me to stay with the white hub for now. Maybe in future releases they will deal with this, although I think it will rely on the individual apps themselves to release a dark theme.
    02-08-17 09:44 AM
    Yep... got the same thing happening. Here is a screen shot of an unread email using pinch.

Bob
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry Hub App Released-10560.jpg  
    02-08-17 09:45 AM
    My biggest issue with the dark hub option is that only the hub and emails show as dark. Text messages, BBM's and any other type of messages that you receive in the hub still show as white when you open the message. Tried it for about an hour but this constant switch between white and dark has made the choice for me to stay with the white hub for now. Maybe in future releases they will deal with this, although I think it will rely on the individual apps themselves to release a dark theme.
    Keep in mind this isn't BB10 where you're looking at the text message or BBM right in the Hub. Android Hub is more or less an aggregator of messages, and with the exception of email, opening a message is going to take you to that app, not keep you in the Hub.

As an aside, using Textra and the dark theme they have built in gives SMS a more BB10-hub-like experience.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-08-17 09:48 AM
    Yep. The text messages, BBM's, and other messages, etc. have little or nothing to do with the hub. Those are separate apps. Coincidentally, I'm able to customize the theme for the texting app I use and have it set to dark also. So now if the hub widget and BBM got with the program, I'd be a lot happier also.
    john_v likes this.
    02-08-17 09:55 AM
    That's why I ended my post with "I think it will rely on the individual apps themselves to release a dark theme."

Although, to your point of "opening a message is going to take you to that app" not sure how to verify this (aside from opening the hub > opening selected message > and then selecting the "Recents" tab) text messages and BBM's do not open another app. Facebook messenger, Twitter DM's, WhatsApp and I would believe Instagram DM's (not 100% sure as I don't have any Insta DM's lol) open in the selected app. Again, not sure how to verify this aside from the above mentioned method.
    02-08-17 10:00 AM
    That's why I ended my post with "I think it will rely on the individual apps themselves to release a dark theme."

Although, to your point of "opening a message is going to take you to that app" not sure how to verify this (aside from opening the hub > opening selected message > and then selecting the "Recents" tab) text messages and BBM's do not open another app. Facebook messenger, Twitter DM's, WhatsApp and I would believe Instagram DM's (not 100% sure as I don't have any Insta DM's lol) open in the selected app. Again, not sure how to verify this aside from the above mentioned method.
    For me text messages and BBM open up in their respective app interfaces, not in a Hub interface. Which is different than opening an email or phone log in Hub - those two open in Hub interface. So I should have phrased it that way, not necessarily opening up an app.

Out of curiousity I tried what you mentioned above with BBM and text message, and they do not show up in recents. Which speaks to the level of complexity of the Hub, being able to open those specific messages in their respective app interfaces (ie BBM or Textra, Message+, etc) without actually opening the apps.

But you and I (and many others) are on the same page - it would be sweet to have those other types of messages opening in a Hub interface like BB10 and maintain the Dark theme. But it's BlackBerry...I've learned to compromise and take whatever we can get
    tfp likes this.
    02-08-17 10:08 AM
    True. That is the life of the BlackBerry fan, take what you can get lol

Kind of like the life of a Toronto Maple Leafs fan, there's always next year lol
    john_v likes this.
    02-08-17 11:17 AM
    True. That is the life of the BlackBerry fan, take what you can get lol

Kind of like the life of a Toronto Maple Leafs fan, there's always next year lol
    Haha! I shouldn't laugh though as I'm a Jets fan...
    02-08-17 11:53 AM
    I just noticed I had BlackBerry HUB update in the Play Store dated 8 February. Anyone else get this update today after doing yesterday's HUB update?

Bob
    02-08-17 02:50 PM
    Just checked and yep, there was a Hub update.
    02-08-17 02:56 PM
    Me too, couldn't last long with it either. They should have waited another week and fixed the bug before pushing it out.
    Just got another hub update (not sure if beta as I am in the beta) and the flashing white when switching views is fixed.
    02-08-17 03:14 PM
    I just noticed I had BlackBerry HUB update in the Play Store dated 8 February. Anyone else get this update today after doing yesterday's HUB update?

Bob
    Just responded to someone before seeing your post. Yes got it and the white flashing when switching hub view is fixed.
    02-08-17 03:16 PM
    "Pinch for Unread" is fixed too in today's update

02-08-17 03:21 PM
    "Pinch for Unread" is fixed too in today's update

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...0cda3a5a59.jpg
    I didn't realize there was something wrong with it. Thanks
    02-08-17 03:23 PM
    I didn't realize there was something wrong with it. Thanks
    It would show white below where the list of Unread messages ended. Now it's all dark

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post12757382
    Last edited by john_v; 02-08-17 at 03:34 PM.
    02-08-17 03:24 PM
    Update seems to have fixed the white background on unread filter.

The turquoise flash is still there when viewing the pop-up widget.
    IdBeats likes this.
    02-08-17 03:54 PM
    It would show white below where the list of Unread messages ended. Now it's all dark

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post12757382
    Unfortunately even after the latest update I'm still experiencing white below unread messages... 😖

Bob
    02-08-17 03:58 PM
84 1234