As a current Android user and old Blackberry user, I've always wanted to go back to a Blackberry device for the simplicity and usefulness of the Hub but for many reasons that I won't list here I had to stay with Android.

Now the we will have a Android based Blackberry phone, I am wondering what the Hub app will look and behave like. The thing is that we haven't seen a lot of previews, in fact I can't think a a video where we see the Hub only images. I'm no programmer but I do understand how things work and I can't stop wondering how Blackberry could've pulled a Hub for Android... here's why

In Android, notifications can historically be accessed VIA the accesibility features to at least read them, so technically, a Hub is quite possible to show notifications from any applications (I can think of one incomplete software that tried to reproduce the BB Hub called Hub (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...emsi.hub&hl=en)

Now the big question is how will we be able to interact with these notifications. in recent years, Android allowed App developers to put more abilities to their notifications like quick replies and such. Now not a lot of apps have that. Does it mean the BB Hub app will only work with Android app that have these kind of enhanced apps? The BB10 Apps devs we're strongly encouraged to integrate their apps with BB10 Hub, will this be similar with the Android BB Hub where Blackberry will encourage or create parterships with big developers like Facebook to have them create tight integration with the new app? Or will it be a special partnership with Google that allows them more interactions with Apps?(I doubt it)

So there it is, how do YOU think the Android Hub App will work? I understand that we don't have a lot of info about it but I don't understand why we don't talk more about it in here as I think this is the main reason why a Blackberry Android phone will still be seen as a unique device compared to the sea of boring Android devices...
    Last edited by bossstms; 09-29-15 at 11:18 AM.
    09-29-15 10:46 AM
    I too am hoping for a BlackBerry Hub app for Android. no idea how it would work, but I can tell you that since I switched to Android, the HUB is the only thing I miss.

They find an app for that and I'm good.
    09-29-15 11:03 AM
    I think it's the integrated hub which let's us access it from anywhere is what we all appreciate and learned to love.

I hope they'll find a solution for the Venice, I really would love to see BlackBerry survive and stay on the market just because it is a great operating system. It's just made for fast and simple communication. I can't even imagine a phone without a hub what I can access from anywhere.

09-29-15 11:10 AM
    I too am hoping for a BlackBerry Hub app for Android. no idea how it would work, but I can tell you that since I switched to Android, the HUB is the only thing I miss.

They find an app for that and I'm good.
    Search G-Play store for "Disa.im"
    09-29-15 11:49 AM
    Search G-Play store for "Disa.im"
    Thank you so much . . . https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.disa

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 12:55 PM
    Disa app are so not the droids we've been looking for.
    01-10-16 06:39 AM