11-16-15 10:52 AM
53 123
tools
    Should have done this with the bb10 os and every Phone after. That would have guaranteed the phones would have been on display and demoed!
    11-14-15 01:47 AM
    So the issue in regards to sales of BlackBerry devices isn't fully BlackBerry's fault, it's nourished by the vast majority of the uneducated and ignorant, sales staff that pushes iPhones and other brands and slanders BlackBerry, mainly, in my opinion, because of all the media propaganda and apple paying off reviewers online.

I apologise for the rant, but as a loyal customer since the first color screen BlackBerry device, it's frustrating to see BlackBerry losing ground to greedy corporations due to retail staff that are drinking the koolaid.
    When I bought my Priv from Telus, the sales reps were excited. When I went to check other stores (Rogers, Bell, Wireless Wave, Best Buy, etc.) for cases, the staff in all but the Bell store were excited to see it as they hadn't gotten it in yet, or sold their 2 units they had received. I was at Best Buy for 20 minutes or so basically demoing the phone to 2 sales people.

I wasn't expecting such positive reception and feedback, especially on launch day and the day after... Maybe the carrier store staff do a better job at reading the promo material around here.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    La Emperor and Theicecreamman like this.
    11-14-15 02:01 AM
    Not sure which part of Canada you are in, but we went to stores in Park royal mail in West Vancouver and downtown.
    11-14-15 03:30 AM
    Meanwhile in Canada, we didn't get our PRIV from shop BlackBerry still, ordered the device on October 23rd and just today they sent an email saying you will get it no later than November 24th. Very good BlackBerry, very good, only one month later.

Posted via CB10
    Actually some people in Canada did receive their Priv from ShopBB. Check the thread ShpBB shipping notifications. It has been random. Really it only has been 1 week from the launch date. We assumed we would get it early, but we didn't read what the order said, ships after release Nov. 6. Within the next week I think more and more people will receive their Priv from ShopBB. Patients, I am still waiting for mine.
    wincyUt likes this.
    11-14-15 08:11 AM
    Should have done this with the bb10 os and every Phone after. That would have guaranteed the phones would have been on display and demoed!
    I agree you with 100%. Why they didn't who knows. But when Z10 came out all the carriers were pushing Samsung phones. I had people that wanted the BB but the sales person tried to talk them out. If they had a Blackberry Rep present it could of changed the game or at least make it interesting.
    11-14-15 08:21 AM
    This tells us Prev is selling like hell I remember when the Bold 9900 first came out I was at a best buy and there was a post set up just inside the door with a BlackBerry rep. answering questions and demoing the new device . Back to the Future .
    Okay, it is quite damp in Seattle so my mood explains my damper: I recall a similar effort for the very successful Playbook...........
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    11-14-15 10:13 AM
    Agreed! Not enough effort and listening was the problem with BB10.
    11-14-15 01:12 PM
    As far as the carriers go... it is not bias or ignorance... it is simple economics... Apple will out sell BB by a huge margin.. and would think the price point to the carriers is better than the priv... sales peiople being lazy... will sell what they know and the easiest way is to steer you towards what sells most... As for Digital River... their issues are well known by now and if you order from them.. any basic research would show there are issues with the company...... As for volume.... BB is on its last leg with hardware...it should surprise no one that Chen is his conservative self on this issue,., did the same with past BB launches.... what will make this phone a success is how it sells over the next 6 months... not the first 6 weeks.....
    11-14-15 01:40 PM
    I was in Windsor, ON last Sunday for the day. Stopped by a Rogers store, and the sales rep steered me right to the Priv on display.
    WHOOOOOOAH! I was definitely impressed! Methinks I shall start to save my $ for one when my contract with t&at is up in June!

SQN100-1 | 10.3.1.1779 | t&at
    BigAl_BB9900 and powereds like this.
    11-14-15 01:48 PM
    I wonder how the employees of the retail stores will behave around the BlackBerry team members? They will come in unannounced and ghost shop, the retail people will try to sell them an ifone when the BlackBerry team asks for the PRIV!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-14-15 03:51 PM
    Do they need bodyguards?

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    11-14-15 04:09 PM
    Meanwhile in Europe we don't even have the devices to buy...
    I was told today that the Priv is for sale (and many of them are available to play with in the BlackBerry Demonstration Concession next door) at Selfridges Department Store, Oxford Street, London (in the CarPhone Warehouse concession in the basement).
    11-14-15 07:53 PM
    Today I went to try to buy a PRIV outright to 2 stores (since my carrier Fido, doesnt carry it for some reason...which is unfortunate since I'm eligible for an upgrade and BlackBerry should be supported by all Canadian carriers) and then went with my girlfriend so she could replace her old iPhone (with a PRIV).

At the local Telus store, the PRIV wasn't on display and when I asked if they had it, they said they have a demo somewhere but asked me why do I want a crappy phone when an iPhone is much better or even a Motorola or LG. I said I'm loyal to Blackberry and want a PRIV. The sales guy went out back and came back and said he can't find the phone. Meanwhile, while I was waiting another customer came in wanting to buy a PRIV since his contract is up for renewal and he wants a Blackberry again because he hates his iPhone. The other sales guy proceeded to say "why would you buy a phone from a company that's going bankrupt. If you hate your iPhone, buy a MOTO X. It's made by Motorola....they've been around forever...they aren't going bankrupt...Much better build quality...". I chuckled and even my girlfriend laughed out loud a little as she knows BlackBerry isn't going anywhere and loved my Z10 and now my Z30. The customer said he wants the PRIV. That sales guy told him they don't have any and probably won't because it's up to the individual stores (official Telus store) which phones they carry and BlackBerry isn't a really a brand they carry because it's going under... meanwhile they had a LEAP, passport and classic on display, in the corner, with dead batteries.

Same sentiment was shared with me at the other 2 stores we went to. BlackBerry is going bankrupt and the phones suck, etc.

So the issue in regards to sales of BlackBerry devices isn't fully BlackBerry's fault, it's nourished by the vast majority of the uneducated and ignorant, sales staff that pushes iPhones and other brands and slanders BlackBerry, mainly, in my opinion, because of all the media propaganda and apple paying off reviewers online.

BlackBerry, You have a competitive device, but somehow need to convert the quite a bit of sheeple at the retail level if you want to grow (in my opinion). As a former Electronics retail manager, and former Best Buy Buyer Analyst at head office in Canada, and now director of a company I helped found, may I suggest that you offer sales spiffs (monetary incentives) to the retail sales staff (these are the people you need to convince and win over initially in order to be successful, not the end user). Whether $10 or more per device, plus a discount for staff on devices, and some actual training and HYPE so the staff feel excited about the product (from the original smartphone pioneer).

I apologise for the rant, but as a loyal customer since the first color screen BlackBerry device, it's frustrating to see BlackBerry losing ground to greedy corporations due to retail staff that are drinking the koolaid.
    Hmm...your experience is a complete opposite of mine when I went to Telus stores in the Vancouver area - every store I went into said the phone is doing very well and said this is a great move by BB as there is lots of interest in this phone.
    11-14-15 08:42 PM
    This is a very good positive sign.
    11-15-15 02:24 AM
    I was in Windsor, ON last Sunday for the day. Stopped by a Rogers store, and the sales rep steered me right to the Priv on display.
    WHOOOOOOAH! I was definitely impressed! Methinks I shall start to save my $ for one when my contract with t&at is up in June!

SQN100-1 | 10.3.1.1779 | t&at
    It might be possible to upgrade early. Why wait and deprive yourself of possibly the best BlackBerry smartphone?

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    11-15-15 05:10 AM
    people can blackberry do anything right for you? Wow you ask for better phones with tons of apps, the priv is released. And you complain.

You want the priv to be popular and bang it is. And you complain that they are slow and don't know what they are doing.

You want blackberry to market themselves better and they go out to visit carriers, in person, which i think is a great idea. And you complain they don't know what they are doing.

All i can say is hats off to blackberry for not giving up and putting up a fight to survive.

Post dates and times of locations

posted via cb10
    +1

pin 2cof829a
    11-15-15 05:36 AM
    This is great, it should be surprise visits for the carrier store too so they can catch the scums that don't even have the BlackBerry displays up and put their arses in the fire!
    11-15-15 10:21 AM
    Ask these blackberry reps to go to Telus. I walked in yesterday to be delighted that they have a real PRIV on display, no dummy unit. BUT because of the way the telus anti-theft lock is put on the phone (like a clamp), the rep was telling me it's unusable. The screen is disactivated because the clamp acts like a continuous finger press (he said maybe because of the curved display...) and also can't slide out keyboard. I was just looking at it and couldn't do anything with it. All other phones with the clamp, s6, iphone etc.. were working.

The devils in the details, who's going to buy it if they can't use it.

on the other hand before leaving, the rep told me "trust me it's fast" ...ha
    11-15-15 10:27 AM
    I was told today that the Priv is for sale (and many of them are available to play with in the BlackBerry Demonstration Concession next door) at Selfridges Department Store, Oxford Street, London (in the CarPhone Warehouse concession in the basement).
    I know UK has them, when I was refering to "Europe" I was saying every other country but UK. I think netherlands and Germany will start to ship next week, maybe it shows up in other countries aswell
    11-15-15 12:15 PM
    I know UK has them, when I was refering to "Europe" I was saying every other country but UK. I think netherlands and Germany will start to ship next week, maybe it shows up in other countries aswell
    Ah, gotcha.... I have a Norwegian cousin who is itching to try out a Priv, but he's very worried that he will only be able to get his hands on one in London and therefore that will have a a UK (eg QWERTY) keyboard (which is the same as his Classic.....)
    11-15-15 04:51 PM
    Ah, gotcha.... I have a Norwegian cousin who is itching to try out a Priv, but he's very worried that he will only be able to get his hands on one in London and therefore that will have a a UK (eg QWERTY) keyboard (which is the same as his Classic.....)
    wich keyboard layout they use in norway? I'm fine with a UK model, in portugal we write with QWERTY aswell
    11-15-15 05:12 PM
    Is John Chen going to make an appeareance?

http://i.imgur.com/YCCDWqv.png
    That is so funny!

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 05:22 PM
    That is so funny!

Posted via CB10
    I didn't make it... I just added the shield.
    11-15-15 05:23 PM
    wich keyboard layout they use in norway? I'm fine with a UK model, in portugal we write with QWERTY aswell
    They basically look like QWERTY keyboards, but have extra letter keys for the three special Norwegian characters, eg , , and , that usually replace the ; # [ keys

Something like this (thanks to Wikipedia for the image):

BlackBerry Employees and Executives coming to Carrier Stores!-420px-kb_norway.svg.png
    11-16-15 06:15 AM
    Meanwhile in Canada, we didn't get our PRIV from shop BlackBerry still, ordered the device on October 23rd and just today they sent an email saying you will get it no later than November 24th. Very good BlackBerry, very good, only one month later.

Posted via CB10
    Aren't you happy that the Priv is selling almost like a hot cake?

"But I say this to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you;" - Matthew 5:44
    11-16-15 06:25 AM
53 123