The BlackBerry Desktop Manager does not work with Priv. There is no alternative to this program? It would be especially useful to make upgrades, since even the use of the wifi requires a very long time. Also it would be desirable that this model could also have a functional program through which handle it, without having to rely on third-party programs that are not dedicated expressly. The question remains valid: there is an alternative or a way to make up for the quibble of a desktop manager? Thank you.
    12-05-16 11:26 AM
    There's no actual "desktop software" for the Priv, just the USB drivers: https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...1570F46266A608

Backups, contact sync, OTA upgrades, all of those are designed so that one can use the cloud instead of desktop software. Media can be done through the cloud or through the aforementioned USB connection.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and andy957 like this.
    12-05-16 12:00 PM
    Yes lots of folks here would like to see this..... but based on BlackBerry's move out of hardware, I doubt it is a concern for them at this point.

There are a few apps that give you some of the features of LINK... but nothing comparable. As the mobile revolution is more about getting away from the PC....

If you do a search you should be able to find some of those apps to try (think Air Drop was one - paper airplane icon). None were worth keeping - at least not to me.
    andy957 likes this.
    12-05-16 12:01 PM
    The answer to your question depends on exactly what you want to backup.

There is BlackBerry desktop software for BlackBerry's own BBOS and BB10 operating systems, but not for Google Android. Upgrades and backups for Android device are handled by Google Services including Google Play and Google Drive as well as through your carrier.

Google Drive automatically backs up system related settings and your apps from the Google Play Store. Some apps can also backup their settings to Google Drive.

Backing up your Contacts and Calendar is best done through a Cloud account such as Gmail or Outlook.com
    andy957 likes this.
    12-05-16 12:09 PM
    Meanwhile, thanks to all. I was referring to the Desktop Manager primarily for operating system updates and firmware. How Companion for Sony Xperia smartphones. I understand that now functions almost everything in the cloud, but I for example would have an update of nearly 2 giga: too even using wifi, especially for the time it takes. That's why when I saw that the BlackBerry Desktop Manager does not recognize the Priv, I tried (and try) a similar alternative for use with the PC.
    12-05-16 02:36 PM
    Meanwhile, thanks to all. I was referring to the Desktop Manager primarily for operating system updates and firmware. How Companion for Sony Xperia smartphones. I understand that now functions almost everything in the cloud, but I for example would have an update of nearly 2 giga: too even using wifi, especially for the time it takes. That's why when I saw that the BlackBerry Desktop Manager does not recognize the Priv, I tried (and try) a similar alternative for use with the PC.
    Technically, you could be able to use autoloaders (factory images) from your computer to load updates onto your phone, but doing so wipes the phone. There are no desktop OTA images for BlackBerry Android phones like there are for Nexus/Pixel devices.
    12-05-16 02:39 PM
    Technically, you could be able to use autoloaders (factory images) from your computer to load updates onto your phone, but doing so wipes the phone. There are no desktop OTA images for BlackBerry Android phones like there are for Nexus/Pixel devices.
    I see. So there are two alternatives: either to wait (who knows how) a DM version also works for Priv, or upgrade with wifi putting us all the time that it takes ...
    12-05-16 02:50 PM
    I see. So there are two alternatives: either to wait (who knows how) a DM version also works for Priv, or upgrade with wifi putting us all the time that it takes ...
    Don't bet on the former.
    andy957 likes this.
    12-05-16 02:58 PM
    Don't bet on the former.
    Indeed. I would not bet even money of another. Under with wifi, well ...
    12-05-16 03:02 PM
    Indeed. I would not bet even money of another. Under with wifi, well ...
    If it's a 2GB update you might as well use the autoloader, since that filesize gives me the impression you're doing several months' worth of updates at once.

The usual monthly security patches are 20-100 MB.
    12-05-16 03:15 PM
    If it's a 2GB update you might as well use the autoloader, since that filesize gives me the impression you're doing several months' worth of updates at once.

The usual monthly security patches are 20-100 MB.
    Yes, the phone is new and I have not made any updates. I have to learn how to use the autoloader, and how to upgrade all at once.
    12-06-16 07:23 AM
    Yes, the phone is new and I have not made any updates. I have to learn how to use the autoloader, and how to upgrade all at once.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aders-1065667/
    12-06-16 01:39 PM
    Thank you. I'll do a backup, then I follow the instructions.
    12-06-16 01:53 PM