$700 US ? That cant be right , can it ?

700 us is $922 can , your saying this Priv will be $922 cdn + tax ?

Rogers and Telus sources have given figures of $799 CAD.
    10-23-15 09:38 AM
    That is very curious. It's definitely not reliant on the bundled charger, but the phone itself having the proper coils.

They did this with the Z30 in the USA to comply with carrier stipulations. I believe the GSM/AT&T/T-Mobile model had wireless charging, Verizon model did not. (I could have that reversed)

Blame the carriers for playing that game. It would certainly be far easier for BlackBerry if they didn't have to make a bunch of dumb little changes to carrier-specific models to make them "speshul".
    10-23-15 09:49 AM
    They really have fumbled the ball on how the pricing has jump around.....
    The only mistake that was made was an accidental posting of material on ShopBlackBerry for 30 minutes, late at night, that someone captured and posted and all heck broke loose.

This kind of thing happens all the time as webmasters prepare product pages for rollout. I follow certain photo equipment "rumors" blogs and this is probably the #1 most common way these blogs get "scoops" on new products. They constantly bang on various vendor and reseller websites, waiting for a momentary webmaster "oops" while preparing a new-product page, and then they broadcast it everywhere the minute they capture it.

And a lot of times the information is wrong, because it was never meant for publication.
    10-23-15 10:00 AM
    Rogers and Telus sources have given figures of $799 CAD.
    But dc2000 insists that he went to a store and the guy said 899?
    10-23-15 10:46 AM
    But dc2000 insists that he went to a store and the guy said 899?
    Well based on some more recent news, Rogers may have some kind of special deal in Canada or something. Someone did report a Telus source also mentioning $799, but perhaps that was an untrustworthy source.

Tbh I don't know why Rogers competitors would all allow themselves to be undercut by $100 for no particular reason though.
    10-23-15 11:19 AM
    Someone did report a Telus source also mentioning $799, but perhaps that was an untrustworthy source.
    Telus always seems to be cheaper than other carriers.

By the way, Loblaw's "Real Canadian Superstore" in Ontario (which has a multi-carrier cell phone sales department) is having a "NO HST" weekend... so go there and try to pre-order the device on your favourite carrier and maybe you'll save 13%.
    10-23-15 12:05 PM
    The only mistake that was made was an accidental posting of material on ShopBlackBerry for 30 minutes, late at night, that someone captured and posted and all heck broke loose.

This kind of thing happens all the time as webmasters prepare product pages for rollout. I follow certain photo equipment "rumors" blogs and this is probably the #1 most common way these blogs get "scoops" on new products. They constantly bang on various vendor and reseller websites, waiting for a momentary webmaster "oops" while preparing a new-product page, and then they broadcast it everywhere the minute they capture it.

And a lot of times the information is wrong, because it was never meant for publication.
    Prices from Carphone Warehouse and from Rodgers aren't matching shopblackberry... I know that they are carriers and they can charge more or less if they want to. Just doesn't seem to be very organized...

I think what they are trying to do is a limited launch with Rodgers and Carphone, along with shopblackberry. And maybe next week, they'll come out and do an officially launch in those markets with other carriers, and maybe announce the US launch dates and carriers for a few weeks later.

There are other tech sites reporting on the PRIV, it's pricing and it "launch".... communication is needed.
    10-23-15 02:27 PM
    Prices from Carphone Warehouse and from Rodgers aren't matching shopblackberry... I know that they are carriers and they can charge more or less if they want to. Just doesn't seem to be very organized...

I think what they are trying to do is a limited launch with Rodgers and Carphone, along with shopblackberry. And maybe next week, they'll come out and do an officially launch in those markets with other carriers, and maybe announce the US launch dates and carriers for a few weeks later.

There are other tech sites reporting on the PRIV, it's pricing and it "launch".... communication is needed.
    well when i went to my local carphone and pre-ordered she said my device will be ready on the 6th cant wait!!
    10-23-15 02:31 PM
83 ... 234