11-06-15 09:07 AM
    he is holding up well ...
    11-06-15 09:14 AM
    Confident and upbeat, he seems very well regarded by the business media.
    11-06-15 09:20 AM
    Nice interview Chen came across well all things considered .
    11-06-15 09:21 AM
    I can't tell how candid Chen is being, having been chastened by the recent litany of PR snafus (BlackBerry PR has clearly taken him to the woodshed), but he seems to imply that based on the reception toward PRIV so far, BlackBerry's device business is likely to survive.
    11-06-15 09:23 AM
    He's going to have a tough day......

Alicia Keys..... oh my, she'll never go away.

Looks good to keep hardware is going to be a success.... not sure what that is based on?

The yellow BAR is a problem, that he kinda danced around.

Going to buy some more companies.
    11-06-15 09:30 AM
    Nice to see they all had Prev's ya think they paid for them .
    11-06-15 09:33 AM
    He's going to have a tough day......

Alicia Keys..... oh my, she'll never go away.

Looks good to keep hardware is going to be a success.... not sure what that is based on?

The yellow BAR is a problem, that he kinda danced around.

Going to buy some more companies.
    Most of the interview was dancing, really, probably more so than any other Chen interview I've seen. The only two items of note really were Chen's (affected) change of tone on the future of the device business, and his flat statement that more acquisitions are headed BlackBerry's way.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    11-06-15 09:38 AM
    Most of the interview was dancing, really, probably more so than any other Chen interview I've seen. The only two items of note really were Chen's (affected) change of tone on the future of the device business, and his flat statement that more acquisitions are headed BlackBerry's way.
    Yeah I think "marketing" told him to stop telling people they'll review sales in nine months and if they don't make enough they'll shutdown hardware...
    Hlao-roo likes this.
    11-06-15 09:47 AM
    Ironic...the interview wouldn't play on my Passport...

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 10:32 AM
    Ironic...the interview wouldn't play on my Passport...

Posted via CB10
    Won't play on my Windows PC either.
    11-06-15 10:34 AM
    So which is it? They are important part of the business or I will give them up if I can't make money.
    11-06-15 10:34 AM
    Yeah I think "marketing" told him to stop telling people they'll review sales in nine months and if they don't make enough they'll shutdown hardware...
    As I have said, Chen has never had to deal with the consumer side of the company. He is an enterprise to enterprise guy and no clue what to say for marketing/consumers.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    11-06-15 10:37 AM
    he made sure he didn't screw up this time...he even said his marketing people will go after him if he did
    11-06-15 10:40 AM
    So which is it? They are important part of the business or I will give them up if I can't make money.
    Depends on who you are....

Investor.... I'm not going to waste money on something that doesn't work.

Customer..... This is a changed company... just because we have stopped supporting products (repeatedly) in the past, doesn't mean will do it with the PRIV.
    11-06-15 10:53 AM
    That chart was UGLY. And, truth be told, it's not even telling the entire story. My understanding is that there is a third bar they elected not to show - the services line of business (the BIS fees charged by Blackberry under the old BBOS). I believe that the services bar is around the same "size" as the hardware bar (i.e., they each generate around the same revenues). The services bars have also been declining very much in line with the hardware bars, and those services had HUGE margins. As BBOS devices fade further and further into the past, those service fees are vanishing at a very fast pace. And those yellow/orange bars need to make up for the loss of BOTH hardware AND services revenues.
    11-06-15 11:09 AM