I like the standard calendar app and use it a lot. Going from my Z30 to the Priv, I can't change the notification time in Settings. Whenever I change it to say 5 or 10 mins it reverts to 15 mins. Anyone else have this?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-15-16 02:19 PM
    Are you talking about changing the default setting for all events? Or changing the time for a specific event you've already created?
    01-15-16 02:43 PM
    Both. It goes back to 15mins whatever I do. If I change the default setting, and if I set an individual event I've entered.

01-15-16 03:24 PM
    When you change the time interval, are you using the back button to go back? Or are you tapping "done" or "save"? Or depending on the UI modifications, there might be a Checkmark to denote "done" or "save".
    01-15-16 04:00 PM
    In the Settings I change the default alert time from 15 to 10 mins. Then when I go to set up a new event the alert time is still 15 mins. Changing the default has no effect.

01-15-16 04:22 PM
    In the Settings I change the default alert time from 15 to 10 mins. Then when I go to set up a new event the alert time is still 15 mins. Changing the default has no effect.

That's odd, I just tested this exact thing three times. It works perfectly for mine.
    Is there an update in the Play Store for your BlackBerry Calendar you can try updating to?
    01-21-16 01:06 AM
    Hey aecgda.. Do you have multiple calendar accounts on your device and could you be inadvertently setting the default for a different calendar by chance? Like Jonneh, I am not able to reproduce the issue you are having..
    01-21-16 11:46 AM
    Thanks for your answers. Sorry I've not been clear. Setting individual reminders works OK and they stay there. The irritation I have is changing the default. Whatever I do the default stays at 15 mins. So I go to Settings and change from 15 to 5 mins. Then I go to the Calendar, set up an appointment and the default is still 15. I just want to change it so it's always 5 mins. There are bigger problems in life and it's just an irritation!

01-21-16 11:55 AM
    It's still strange, I can't reproduce your issue at all. When I change the default, and then immediately add a new event, the default is now changed to whatever I just changed it to. So, this is strange. You could try going to Settings --> Apps --> All --> Calendar, and clearing cache or resetting it completely by clearing all its data (though you might lose it all if it's not synced to the cloud for when you re-open the Calendar).
    01-21-16 10:15 PM
    Hey aecgda.. Think we understand your issue but can't reproduce it ourselves... How many calendar accounts do you have on your device? Open the Calendar app, then open the menu area in the top left hand corner to see the different accounts in the calendar.. Then, at the bottom of the menu you will see the Settings option.. Touch that to open the Calendar settings, scroll down to the Meeting Default section and change the default meeting reminder from that location.. Note, when you do this, make sure the Default Calendar - positioned right above the default meeting reminder area, is set to the actual Calendar you are trying to change the default for.
    01-22-16 01:09 PM
    Having tried some different options I now find this. I have two calendars, work and personal. Latter is the default. I go to the Settings menu. If I change the notification default in Settings to 0 mins, I then open the Calendar to schedule an event and the event shows 1 minute notification. If I go back to Settings and change to 1 min, an opened event then shows 5 mins. Similarly 5 mins opens as 10; 10 as 15; 15 as 20; and 20 as 25. So now I set the default as 1 and it opens as 5, which is what I want! I don't really want to uninstall and start again as I don't want to risk losing stuff. Thanks for your patience!

01-22-16 04:18 PM