Whenever I have to tell someone what phone I have, they say 'whats' that'?
    I feel like I might be the only person with a priv in the UK!!
    The reality is it has been a great device for the last 2 years that I've had it, but it's starting to freeze a lot etc??
    colinstone likes this.
    09-23-17 01:36 AM
    Few apps like Norton clean with usage access have been helpful in keeping the junk clean, however, no harm swiping clean the device after 2 years, and then reducing the animation to either 0 or 0.5 in developer Options. This should keep your device working with reasonable agility.

--
    Sent from my BlackBerry PRIV STV100-3
    09-23-17 01:51 AM
    Yes it is, and yes you might be. So what? If it works for you then who cares! By the way nobody has ever asked me what phone I have and I don't know people who care what others use!

Posted via CB10
    09-23-17 02:38 AM
    how do you swipe clean my device?
    09-23-17 04:42 AM
    where do you find 'developer options'
    09-23-17 09:52 AM
    Out of the 4 phones in our house 3 are Priv 's. The other is a DTek 50. No complaints with any of them too
    09-23-17 12:21 PM
    Whenever I have to tell someone what phone I have, they say 'whats' that'?
    I feel like I might be the only person with a priv in the UK!!
    The reality is it has been a great device for the last 2 years that I've had it, but it's starting to freeze a lot etc??
    I personally wouldn't recommend 3rd party junk cleaning apps as most of them are junk too. Have you cleared your cache recently? Settings, storage and USB, click on internal, then you will see cached data in there. Click on it, clear it and reboot.

As for factory reset, go into settings then back up and reset. Click on factory reset. Just make sure you have everything you need backed up. Apps won't need to as they are backed up to your google account that you are logged into your phone with.
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    09-23-17 12:41 PM
    Not dead, but niche (I like to think).
    Only ever seen one other Priv, no Keyones, 2 Leaps, 1 Classic, a few Passports, no PlayBooks. And that's working in London.
    Difficult to say about the Dteks, being anonymous slabs!
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    09-24-17 01:48 PM
    well not to pee on your chIps but priv user here in North East England so you aren't the only one but I've never seen another priv in the wild.
    everyone who sees my priv is surprised to see blackberry still exist.
    09-24-17 02:11 PM
    I'm KEYone owner currently in France. Only saw another KEYone in the wild a week ago, and an Old BB7 device like a year ago. Also a coworker has what looked like a Z10 I think nothing besides that so far.
    09-24-17 02:50 PM
    The sole-proprieter restaurant is dead, because all I ever notice in the wild is McDonalds (that depends on where you are walking/driving or shopping). Funny most of the BlackBerry owners I know tend to hide them in their pockets and not make a show of using them, so they're rather cagey at being caught sighted....especially the Classic users and the older BB's
    09-24-17 10:36 PM
    The sole-proprieter restaurant is dead, because all I ever notice in the wild is McDonalds (that depends on where you are walking/driving or shopping). Funny most of the BlackBerry owners I know tend to hide them in their pockets and not make a show of using them, so they're rather cagey at being caught sighted....especially the Classic users and the older BB's
    I don't have any trouble showing my Priv or my Passport SE. Most people are really curious about them, especially about the Passport that is both handsome and weird :-)

I don't know in UK, but in Spain BlackBerry is definitely dead. No mobile operator have a BlackBerry in offering since Z10, you cannot find one in physical stores, there is a poor offer online and most of the models shown are the UK or Germany variants... and only some days ago you can purchase a K1 in the official BlackBerry Mobile online store.
    K1 created some expectation here after being presented in Barcelona, it had some attention on online and written media, but that disappeared after this long waiting. Probably only BB's real fans will purchase one now if they can afford paying the price. Here is more common changing your phone using mobile's operator plans, but no one have the K1 in their plans.
    It's a pity but...
    09-25-17 12:20 AM
    I don't have any trouble showing my Priv or my Passport SE. Most people are really curious about them, especially about the Passport that is both handsome and weird :-)

I don't know in UK, but in Spain BlackBerry is definitely dead. No mobile operator have a BlackBerry in offering since ...
    Naturally when Blackberry commanded a healthy market share they were carried by everybody (including Spain) ....now one or two others hold that title. Still BYOD applies....any carrier will allow you to uncork your own smartphone at their table, they're in it for the services revenue....okay and maybe a little or a lot on the exclusive lease-to-own phone plans that they pre-package with the behemouth players.
    09-25-17 10:11 AM