Worked great for me on Passport - really miss it with Priv
    12-23-15 08:11 AM
    I couldn't see anything in PB remotely like Blend - maybe I just didn't use it correctly. It seemed like I had to have the Chrome Browser open to run it ? Blend was just so freaking easy and reliable.
    12-23-15 08:20 AM
    I couldn't see anything in PB remotely like Blend - maybe I just didn't use it correctly. It seemed like I had to have the Chrome Browser open to run it ? Blend was just so freaking easy and reliable.
    PB does have something like Blend in terms of Notifications being pushed to your other devices. But it is nowhere as fully functional as Blend.

Blend is truly one of a kind and is an app that can be a good selling point for BlackBerry Priv and future Blackberry Android devices.
    12-24-15 06:31 AM
    all these people saying that google already has something like blend have never used it on a regular basis! it is the single biggest thing I am missing on my new my android experience. Of the number of apps in play store etc. I haven't found anything with the same functionality / productivity as blend. I can understand BB not wanting to develop it for Android, as I'm sure it keeps some people from switching!!
    06-15-16 10:35 PM
    I miss Blend terribly. I keep a Z30 just for its continued use

Posted via CB10
    06-15-16 10:42 PM
    Yes, I will miss Blend once I move to the Priv.

BlackBerry is missing a tremendous opportunity if they don't give us Blend with their Android. sure there's Air Droid, but that was clunky and slower than Blend.

Plus I would trust an OEM branded app to capture and share my messages rather than some aftermarket company who will most likely share all my information.

Come on BlackBerry, don't screw this up!
    06-16-16 01:52 AM
    I know this thread is old but it is more relevant now than ever. Now that the Hub is so mature, Blackberry really could capitalize by bringing Blend to Android. I've been using my Priv since November 2015 and I still miss Blend every day. It was the best productivity tool I have ever used.

I would happily pay for it. I'm sure others would as well.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-09-17 12:03 PM
    all these people saying that google already has something like blend have never used it on a regular basis! it is the single biggest thing I am missing on my new my android experience. Of the number of apps in play store etc. I haven't found anything with the same functionality / productivity as blend. I can understand BB not wanting to develop it for Android, as I'm sure it keeps some people from switching!!
    Exactly this. Have tried then all and none come close. BlackBerry needs to rethink ditching blend and not moving over to Android with it.
    02-09-17 12:09 PM
    I know this thread is old but it is more relevant now than ever. Now that the Hub is so mature, Blackberry really could capitalize by bringing Blend to Android. I've been using my Priv since November 2015 and I still miss Blend every day. It was the best productivity tool I have ever used.

I would happily pay for it. I'm sure others would as well.
    As I post periodically in Blend-mentioned threads, I still use it. My Z30 sits in a Qi-wireless charger and feeds my email, calendar and bbm to two desktop computer and two laptops. I do not have to pull the Priv out of my pocket or wherever. I just look at the Blend info.

It really is unfortunate that BB, the supposed Software Company, cannot port a working copy of Blend to Android. What can be more security oriented that having Blend feeding stuff to a desktop computer but none of the data it shows is actually stored there. Take the phone away and the data evaporates from the computer.
    RCM78 likes this.
    02-09-17 12:21 PM
    As I post periodically in Blend-mentioned threads, I still use it. My Z30 sits in a Qi-wireless charger and feeds my email, calendar and bbm to two desktop computer and two laptops. I do not have to pull the Priv out of my pocket or wherever. I just look at the Blend info.

It really is unfortunate that BB, the supposed Software Company, cannot port a working copy of Blend to Android. What can be more security oriented that having Blend feeding stuff to a desktop computer but none of the data it shows is actually stored there. Take the phone away and the data evaporates from the computer.
    That's the thing. BB10 is solely developed by BB and that means they can do and explore everything to its max. But now, it's Android, to have something like the Blend they have to use the Google's notification push protocol which is nothing they could avoid..
    02-09-17 08:27 PM
    As I wait for the KEYone to replace my BB10 Q10, one thing I will really miss is Blend. I'm using it right now as my Q10 is charging in another room. What a great program/featue. I can't believe Android doesn't offer anything similar. Wouldn't it be like Android Auto, but to a PC/tablet, not a Car?
    04-02-17 07:55 PM
    It ain't gonna happen for Android. Android is not an OS that you can just write some software and be done. It's a collection of apps. You would have to code for every phone app out there, (yes phone is an app on Android, there are many to chose from), every calender app, every contact app, etc, etc, etc. Then keep up with the hundreds of thousands of updates.
    Technically, it should be possible, but it would be a massive program, and would cost horrendously.

I suppose it could be done if it came with a short list of apps that you were required to use, but that defeats the main purpose of Android. You might as well stick with BB or iOS.
    04-02-17 08:18 PM
    As I wait for the KEYone to replace my BB10 Q10, one thing I will really miss is Blend. I'm using it right now as my Q10 is charging in another room. What a great program/featue. I can't believe Android doesn't offer anything similar. Wouldn't it be like Android Auto, but to a PC/tablet, not a Car?
    As I've written in other threads, I still have my Z30 feeding BLEND to my desktop computer and two laptops while I use the Priv as my regular phone. The Z30 is permanently installed in a wireless easel (the Verizon model has Qi charging) and is connected to Blend. Not as satisfying as it would be to have Blend work on BB Android devices.
    04-02-17 08:20 PM
    It ain't gonna happen for Android. Android is not an OS that you can just write some software and be done. It's a collection of apps. You would have to code for every phone app out there, (yes phone is an app on Android, there are many to chose from), every calender app, every contact app, etc, etc, etc. Then keep up with the hundreds of thousands of updates.
    Technically, it should be possible, but it would be a massive program, and would cost horrendously.

I suppose it could be done if it came with a short list of apps that you were required to use, but that defeats the main purpose of Android. You might as well stick with BB or iOS.
    Why can't BlackBerry develop blend an Android version to work with HUB+ and include it with their suite of apps in HUB+.
    It doesn't have to work with every calendar app / contact app etc just the ones available in HUB+

Posted via CB10
    GenghisKahn2011 likes this.
    04-02-17 08:43 PM
    Why can't BlackBerry develop blend an Android version to work with HUB+ and include it with their suite of apps in HUB+.
    It doesn't have to work with every calendar app / contact app etc just the ones available in HUB+
    Exactly.
    04-17-17 12:17 PM
    A developer is working on a Blend replacement. It is called Fuse and is in Beta presently.
    04-17-17 12:24 PM
    What apps would Fuze work with?

Right now Blend is the only reason why I haven't moved to an Android BlackBerry. I've been tempted, but when it comes down to it, Blend is a feature that I use more than most and keeps me going on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-17 01:26 PM
    What apps would Fuze work with?

Right now Blend is the only reason why I haven't moved to an Android BlackBerry. I've been tempted, but when it comes down to it, Blend is a feature that I use more than most and keeps me going on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Well, at home my old Z30 sits in an easel Qi charger and feeds Blend on my Computer and laptops. So it is not quite retired. Priv is my main cellphone.

I am not quite ready to abandon it. Although, BBM is a bit awkward in Blend as some stuff only comes across in a kind of error message.
    04-17-17 03:32 PM
    Can you provide a link to Fuse information?
    06-28-17 07:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    Because their market-share for smart phones is so minuscule, they would not get hardly any return on the investment. They had so many opportunities to turn things around since their 2011 decline but blew it every chance they got.

Now we are here.
    06-28-17 11:51 PM
120 ... 345