Based on the answers they gave last week at the AMA, it is very likely that blend and BBM video will never come to android and Priv.
    That is what I took from the situation. Also the fact that they didn't take a couple of days to port over the file manager means that don't expect any BlackBerry made apps other than the pieces that they have now.
    12-07-15 07:25 AM
    Based on the answers they gave last week at the AMA, it is very likely that blend and BBM video will never come to android and Priv.
    Double post. Sorry
    12-07-15 07:26 AM
    Yeah. Developing Blend would be a waste of money when there's so many great alternatives.
    Which means that BlackBerry will stop innovating and having good programmers in the company. You can't have a SAS company when you don't write software.
    12-07-15 07:28 AM
    Which means that BlackBerry will stop innovating and having good programmers in the company. You can't have a SAS company when you don't write software.
    Well at least they have to consolidate consumer software to an extent, Motorola is doing the same thing with Moto Connect, because there's better third party options. At least good enough where they don't need to spend the money developing and supporting it. It's simply expensive and difficult. They're better off focusing on hardware and the iconic features that differentiate their handsets. The BB keyboard is a part of their brand that the mass market recognizes, Blend isn't.
    12-07-15 08:17 AM
    Well at least they have to consolidate consumer software to an extent, Motorola is doing the same thing with Moto Connect, because there's better third party options. At least good enough where they don't need to spend the money developing and supporting it. It's simply expensive and difficult. They're better off focusing on hardware and the iconic features that differentiate their handsets. The BB keyboard is a part of their brand that the mass market recognizes, Blend isn't.
    If the are just a keyboard phone manufacture and don't do any innovative software, how are they going to transfer to a SAS company like Chen wants?
    12-07-15 08:31 AM
    Part of what makes BB10 so efficient for me is that while I'm at work I can leave my phone on the wireless charger and check my emails/bbms on my computer much faster without taking time to unlock my phone - it fits more into my work flow. I haven't used a PKB phone since the Bold 9650, and I don't miss it much. The Android Hub is more of a notification center compared to BB10's Hub being a messaging/social networking center, so that loses a lot of efficiency compared to what I have. If BlackBerry aren't going to bring Blend to the Priv that's another BIG loss for me.

If I'm losing all the productivity I love about BB10, and I don't really want a PKB, why should I get the Priv over a Nexus 6P, or an iPhone 6s? If BlackBerry thinks they can bring nothing to the table except a physical keyboard and find success they're very, very delusional.
    Bluenoser63 and 00stryder like this.
    12-07-15 08:47 AM
    Part of what makes BB10 so efficient for me is that while I'm at work I can leave my phone on the wireless charger and check my emails/bbms on my computer much faster without taking time to unlock my phone - it fits more into my work flow. I haven't used a PKB phone since the Bold 9650, and I don't miss it much. The Android Hub is more of a notification center compared to BB10's Hub being a messaging/social networking center, so that loses a lot of efficiency compared to what I have. If BlackBerry aren't going to bring Blend to the Priv that's another BIG loss for me.

If I'm losing all the productivity I love about BB10, and I don't really want a PKB, why should I get the Priv over a Nexus 6P, or an iPhone 6s? If BlackBerry thinks they can bring nothing to the table except a physical keyboard and find success they're very, very delusional.
    Yup. It seems like they called it the Priv because they took all the Prod(uctivity) out of the phone. They are bringing less and less to the table relying on others to make the apps. So with the addition of a physical keyboard, secure boot loader and crippled hub, what is BlackBerry bringing to the table that others can't fill probably at a cheaper cost?
    12-07-15 08:52 AM
    Yeah. Developing Blend would be a waste of money when there's so many great alternatives.
    Really? What's the great alternative? That was the point of my post. Pushbullet was OKAY not as good as Blend. Pushbullet just moved from free to an insane $40 US a year model. Leaving a big whole in the market. Tons of articles of people looking for a decent substitute - to me showing a big opportunity for BB to do something. This isn't the same as building your a BB designed calculator for which there are truly great alternatives..
    mavsguy842 and meth-berry like this.
    12-07-15 09:16 AM
    If the are just a keyboard phone manufacture and don't do any innovative software, how are they going to transfer to a SAS company like Chen wants?
    I said consolidate, not remove. Things like the Hub and their security improvements are unique to them, things like Blend and their file manager aren't because there's a ton of comparable alternatives.

To use Motorola as an example again, software like their Moto Display and Moto Voice are unique differentiators, while Moto Connect and Migrate aren't anymore, thus they're retiring those services.
    12-07-15 09:18 AM
    Really? What's the great alternative? That was the point of my post. Pushbullet was OKAY not as good as Blend. Pushbullet just moved from free to an insane $40 US a year model. Leaving a big whole in the market. Tons of articles of people looking for a decent substitute - to me showing a big opportunity for BB to do something. This isn't the same as building your a BB designed calculator for which there are truly great alternatives..
    I already posted many, please read through your thread. Obviously BB agrees since they did do a lot of custom software for their first Android release but didn't include Blend. They as said as much in their AMA as well.
    12-07-15 09:18 AM
    Blend sucks with wifi but pretty decent with USB
    Blend works perfectly fine for me and I use it almost daily. The Hub and Blend was the number one reason why I shifted from Android to BB10 Passport last year (my first Blackberry ever). I just bought the Passport SE and am waiting for Android Hub to mature and Blend to be added to the Priv for me to consider it.
    12-07-15 09:30 AM
    Id pay for blend as a service. Heck, throw in some cloud storage and remote desktop too, now we're talking

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-07-15 09:42 AM
    I said consolidate, not remove. Things like the Hub and their security improvements are unique to them, things like Blend and their file manager aren't because there's a ton of comparable alternatives.

To use Motorola as an example again, software like their Moto Display and Moto Voice are unique differentiators, while Moto Connect and Migrate aren't anymore, thus they're retiring those services.
    The Hub on Priv is pale compared to BB10. And the security they got from a 3rd party. They are not bringing anything unique to Android. And I guess that you have never ran an IT department before. Not having a file manager and other things pre-installed and ready to go makes the device less productive as there are setup costs. As an IT Manager, it is getting to the point that BlackBerry phones are as cumbersome to setup as iPhones and other Android devices so I might as use them as any BlackBerry device. And if I am not using BlackBerry devices, I don't need any of their unique SAS stuff like BES12 for MDM. They are 3rd partying themselves out of business. There is no business case anymore to use BlackBerry anything.
    12-07-15 09:50 AM
    The Hub on Priv is pale compared to BB10. And the security they got from a 3rd party. They are not bringing anything unique to Android. And I guess that you have never ran an IT department before. Not having a file manager and other things pre-installed and ready to go makes the device less productive as there are setup costs. As an IT Manager, it is getting to the point that BlackBerry phones are as cumbersome to setup as iPhones and other Android devices so I might as use them as any BlackBerry device. And if I am not using BlackBerry devices, I don't need any of their unique SAS stuff like BES12 for MDM. They are 3rd partying themselves out of business. There is no business case anymore to use BlackBerry anything.
    The Hub was far from perfect when BB10 was released, I don't know why you would expect differently on their first Android iteration.

The security is something synonymous with their brand and just might appeal to the average consumer concerned about their privacy. People that run IT departments are less than 1% of that mass market they're trying to appeal to. They tried to cater to IT managers already with BB10 and they lost millions doing so. They have to go with a different approach now.
    12-07-15 10:00 AM
    The Hub was far from perfect when BB10 was released, I don't know why you would expect differently on their first Android iteration.

The security is something synonymous with their brand and just might appeal to the average consumer concerned about their privacy. People that run IT departments are less than 1% of that mass market they're trying to appeal to. They tried to cater to IT managers already with BB10 and they lost millions doing so. They have to go with a different approach now.
    The HUB was pretty good from the start and got better as they came up with new features. They know what the features are and they either didn't bother or can't add that functionality to the HUB on Android. They will never be able to replicate the HUB on Android because they don't own the OS and don't care to add the clients.

Consumers don't care about their security, business and IT do. And if they are going to be a SAS company, who is going to buy SAS? It isn't consumers, it is enterprises and IT.
    JohnGrey likes this.
    12-07-15 10:09 AM
    The HUB was pretty good from the start and got better as they came up with new features. They know what the features are and they either didn't bother or can't add that functionality to the HUB on Android. They will never be able to replicate the HUB on Android because they don't own the OS and don't care to add the clients.

Consumers don't care about their security, business and IT do. And if they are going to be a SAS company, who is going to buy SAS? It isn't consumers, it is enterprises and IT.
    Well I'm not going to keep replying to a wall, but obviously you want them to continue to support BB10 to cater to your situation and the fact is that they were bleeding money with that business plan. I'm not saying their new approach to the market is going to make them monet, in fact I don't see them existing in 10 years, but trying the same unsuccessful approach doesn't make any sense.
    12-07-15 10:13 AM
    Well I'm not going to keep replying to a wall, but obviously you want them to continue to support BB10 to cater to your situation and the fact is that they were bleeding money with that business plan. I'm not saying their new approach to the market is going to make them monet, in fact I don't see them existing in 10 years, but trying the same unsuccessful approach doesn't make any sense.
    Another Bleeding money guy. You do realize that they have been adding cash each quarter. They stopped bleeding cash when they didn't try to manufacture so many phones with the Z10. Since then, managing the inventory, they have done much better. I predict that they will loose more money going Android than staying with BB10. Wait 2 quarters and you will see.
    12-07-15 10:20 AM
    I use Blend every day. Works great for me. At work, I keep my phone charged and can text and BBM all day as well as check my other email accounts. I hope they port it. Not going for a priv until there are more features ported over.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-15 10:22 AM
    Another Bleeding money guy. You do realize that they have been adding cash each quarter. They stopped bleeding cash when they didn't try to manufacture so many phones with the Z10. Since then, managing the inventory, they have done much better. I predict that they will loose more money going Android than staying with BB10. Wait 2 quarters and you will see.
    I just predicted they would continue to lose money lol read. If you don't think BB10 was failing then you're simply denying reality. I'm done. Enjoy that rock and feel free to come out from under it, the air is a lot better up here.
    12-07-15 10:23 AM
    Blend is flaky at best on BB10. Released on Android it will sink BlackBerry if it's as buggy as it is on BB10.
    I have no issue with Blend with my z30, what are you talking about?

Posted via CB10
    12-07-15 10:25 AM
    I just predicted they would continue to lose money lol read. If you don't think BB10 was failing then you're simply denying reality. I'm done. Enjoy that rock and feel free to come out from under it, the air is a lot better up here.
    BB10 was failing due to the fact that Chen from the day he was hired wanted to get rid of it. He also doesn't understand the consumer market and made statements that doomed the company. It was mismanagement and lack of vision that caused the problems, not the technology of BB10.
    12-07-15 10:28 AM

I agree that Hub has gotten much better since its release on BB10. I can deal with the hub needing improvement. What I'm concerned about is that BlackBerry doesn't seem to understand why people like the Hub and what makes it so productive; and the approach they've taken because of that misunderstanding. The BB10 Hub is so efficient because it lets you reply to a wide variety of messages, emails, sms/mms all from the same app - without having to open another app that you then need to back out of and go back to the hub. BlackBerry seems to think people love the Hub because it's a unified notification center plus email client; pretty far off the mark in my opinion.

If BlackBerry wants customers to care about security, but they don't want to create individual apps where there are already alternatives then they should pre-install BlackBerry Approved apps that they've inspected and certify so users don't have to fumble around with sms/mms apps, or file managers apps of unknown quality and security. It should come out of the box, even if BlackBerry didn't write the code themselves.
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    12-07-15 03:44 PM
    Mightytext works really well for any Android phone.

Mobizen worked well before QHD
    phones, it just mirrors your screen on your computer.

Moto Connect worked great, but obviously is only for Motorola
    phones.

If you're on Verizon, their messaging app has a web portal that can be accessed on any device and works great. Let's you send SMS over WiFi on your phone as well.

There's so many more options though.
    Mightytext seems to be for sms/mms only.
    Mobizen would seem okay, but then you're stuck with a UI optimized for the phone and not for keyboard/mouse.
    Verizon is sms/mms only.

Blend has sms and mms, BBM, Email, Contacts, Calendar, and a File Manager. Mobizen is the only thing that comes close, because obviously anything on your phone is available, but again with non-optimized visuals nor inputs. jm1219, honest question, have you used Blend on a BB10 phone before?
    12-07-15 03:53 PM
    Mightytext seems to be for sms/mms only.
    Mobizen would seem okay, but then you're stuck with a UI optimized for the phone and not for keyboard/mouse.
    Verizon is sms/mms only.

Blend has sms and mms, BBM, Email, Contacts, Calendar, and a File Manager. Mobizen is the only thing that comes close, because obviously anything on your phone is available, but again with non-optimized visuals nor inputs. jm1219, honest question, have you used Blend on a BB10 phone before?
    Yes lol but does anyone seriously think it's an advantage to have that stuff in the same app? Who actually uses email, SMS, calendar, BBM, and their file manager all at once? I thought most people used it for SMS, all i ever used it for. Google Calendar can be used anywhere, most file managers have remote access, all emails have a web client, no one's on BBM. Maybe some people used everything at once on Blend but BB isn't and shouldn't be trying to appeal to 0.3% of the market anymore.
    12-07-15 04:06 PM
    Blend and Push bullet have two different functions. I'm not getting this request.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-15 04:27 PM
120 1234 ...