BlackBerry should sell the Priv in highest premium price.

Why? So it will fail and BlackBerry will go back to BB10 development and improvement... he he he...

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 01:31 AM
    Lol that makes no sense seeing how they failed to sell bb10...
    10-01-15 01:45 AM
    Keyboard phone was a pretty boneheaded move IMO. Too many reasons why. For this discussion the added cost of materials for an arguably super niche hardware feature only serves to increase price.

MotoX, 5X, 6P, G4, OPT will make it damn hard (if not impossible) to sell a phone for more than 500. Samsung and Apple being obvious exceptions.

The priv doesn't stand a chance priced over 500.

!
    10-01-15 02:21 AM
    Keyboard phone was a pretty boneheaded move IMO. Too many reasons why. For this discussion the added cost of materials for an arguably super niche hardware feature only serves to increase price.

MotoX, 5X, 6P, G4, OPT will make it damn hard (if not impossible) to sell a phone for more than 500. Samsung and Apple being obvious exceptions.

The priv doesn't stand a chance priced over 500.

!
    If it didn't have a keyboard, it would be directly compared to those phones and can't be priced over $380 USD, the price of 5X.
    jope28 likes this.
    10-01-15 04:51 AM
    I might be a bit different to most but the main reason I use BlackBerry is because of the keyboard. I can not dial a number on iphone and can not type on samsung note 5. Could just be fat fingers but all of my friends get a good laugh at me trying to use touch screens because it all comes out as jibberish

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 05:29 AM
    There are to many "what ifs" to predict the success or failure of the Priv.

Now that people are use to a touch screen will they even think of trying a pkb? The younger generation don't have the money to pay for flagship devices. Maybe be the "silver spoons" will get daddy to buy them. If daddy buys them what difference does it make what it cost? The spoiled brat is going to get it anyway.

Available apps will sell Priv not security as most people don't care until it is compromised.

Can BlackBerry change their perception? IDK

So why price it low as a "I think"?

Price it just under a comparable product. Keep the initial order reasonable with a reorder already issued.

PIN 829A "You're only known for the worst thing you do" DSO 1978
    10-01-15 07:37 AM
    Absolutely hilarious!

Proving that the general public has been 'transfixed' to believing Apple as the standard all-in-1 device ... without even questioning!

IMO:

Best business OS = BB
    Best personal/social OS = Android
    Best 'clunky' OS (although most popular) = Apple

Therefore, mathematically the Priv makes the most sense as the best device. But, proof has yet to be determined. We'll all know soon enough.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    10-01-15 08:12 AM
    For those Who said everything here....already read here that Screen cost alone is over 250$...wake up and read below

Teardown analysis reveals iPhone 6 production costs
    23 SEPTEMBER, 2014

Hot on the heels of last week�s iFixit treatment, Apple iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus became subject of a more detailed teardown analysis. Performed by the research firm HIS, the breakdown reveals estimates about the smartphones� production costs, as well as the profit margins they deliver.

Apple iPhone 6 with 16GB of built-in memory costs $200 to build in parts and labor, while a 128GB model requires $247 to put together. The iPhone 6 Plus production costs on the other hand, range between $216 for a 16GB model and $263 for the 128GB version.

Apple�s iPhone 6 family profit margins are estimated to be about 69% for the 16GB device models. The range-topping 128GB versions deliver slightly higher, 70% profit margins.

The most expensive component in the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus is their display. Made by LG Display and Japan Display, the component costs $45 for the iPhone 6, and $52.50 for the iPhone 6 Plus. Corning Gorilla Glass 3 covers the screen of both models.

Apple�s 20nm A8 processor is made by TSMC and, combined with an attached co-processor, costs about $20. Apple previously relied heavily on its rival Samsung for the production of the iPhone and iPad processors.

NXP Semiconductors provides the NFC chip for the iPhone 6 range. Combined with the rest of its built-in sensors, it costs $22 for both devices.

You can see a video detailing the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus production costs below. The clip also contains a sped-up iPhone 6 disassembly.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 08:14 AM
    If it didn't have a keyboard, it would be directly compared to those phones and can't be priced over $380 USD, the price of 5X.
    Given the 5x price of approximately 400 for a device with comparable specs, how much more is the average person willing to pay for a pkb?

I dont know.

But anything more than 500 seems like a ripoff.

!
    10-01-15 08:38 AM
    Given the 5x price of approximately 400 for a device with comparable specs, how much more is the average person willing to pay for a pkb?

I dont know.

!
    As we don't know that the average person wants a PKB...

I don't think the PRIV is for the average person. It's for past keyboard users that miss that tactile feel of the keyboard.
    Joao Oliveira and MO3iusONE like this.
    10-01-15 11:22 AM
    As we don't know that the average person wants a PKB...

I don't think the PRIV is for the average person. It's for past keyboard users that miss that tactile feel of the keyboard.
    And for people that have to write longer text and do not want almost half the screen being occupied by the VKB

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 11:55 AM

I dont know.

!
    Blackphone 2 sells for 799 and has a Snapdragon 615.
    Base BMW with a 180hp 4-cylinder sells for the same as a loaded Honda with a 278hp 6-cylinder.

Your point? Specs isn't everything.
    Joao Oliveira and MO3iusONE like this.
    10-01-15 11:58 AM
    Blackphone 2 sells for 799 and has a Snapdragon 615.
    Base BMW with a 180hp 4-cylinder sells for the same as a loaded Honda with a 278hp 6-cylinder.

Your point? Specs isn't everything.
    That's accurate. But the Honda in the Android market is the Priv. If the reported Polish prices are accurate, Blackberry, get lube.

LOL @Samsung S6/iPhone 6s prices!
    10-01-15 12:52 PM

I dont know.

!
    If you're buying outright, you might be concerned with the price. Lots of folks in the U.S. buy through the carriers... which is why nobody blinks an eye when buying an iPhone... "It's only $200 for a 6s." Since the Priv is expected at carriers, carrier pricing will matter the most.
    10-01-15 12:54 PM
    That's accurate. But the Honda in the Android market is the Priv. If the reported Polish prices are accurate, Blackberry, get lube.

LOL @Samsung S6/iPhone 6s prices!
    Well if we're now comparing car brands to phone brands, BlackBerry is like Saab I would say.

Apples I consider them base model lease special Audis. Ever heard of the difference between an Audi and a porcupine?
    10-01-15 01:18 PM
    Well if we're now comparing car brands to phone brands, BlackBerry is like Saab.

Apples I consider them base model lease special Audis. Ever heard of the difference between an Audi and a porcupine?
    I don't see many Saab cars around. And Apple is like a base Audi to you but the market sees them as R8

If Blackberry wants to continue to have a hardware division they need volume for units sold and then we can talk flagship prices
    10-01-15 01:23 PM
    I'm not part of BlackBerry but what I would do right now is just try to make awesome hardware and software and release the phone at cost just so it gets in as many hands as possible and let people finally know that BlackBerry still exists and is awesome.

Once you have a good fan base then start making profit on phones. In the meantime make money on other o things.

Posted via CB10
    anfidhlear likes this.
    10-02-15 02:23 PM
    I think the price will be same or around as the price of Samsung Galaxy edge +..
    Bcz priv phone is also edge..

Posted via cb10//see the good in everything..//
    10-02-15 07:17 PM
    Absolutely hilarious!

Proving that the general public has been 'transfixed' to believing Apple as the standard all-in-1 device ... without even questioning!

IMO:

Best business OS = BB
    Best personal/social OS = Android
    Best 'clunky' OS (although most popular) = Apple

Therefore, mathematically the Priv makes the most sense as the best device. But, proof has yet to be determined. We'll all know soon enough.

Posted via CB10
    Your post is full of BS

iOS clunky? You can crap on many things on IOS, but performance? It's the most reliable and smoothest OS you can get on a phone.

And most popular is Android. Iphone is the best selling phone, but Android has way more marketshare than IOS, it's not even close.
    Deckard79 and MO3iusONE like this.
    10-02-15 09:34 PM
    Yep, Blackberry made an epic fail on this one. $750 plus tax, when Android users can get premium offerings from HTC, Sony, Motorola, Samsung for the same or less. I was going to get one, but now, i'll stick with my HTC and get the new A9 unlocked when it hits the shelves. Epic Fail. They should have kept the price at that of a Passport or even slightly lower.
    10-22-15 07:04 AM
    Your post is full of BS

iOS clunky? You can crap on many things on IOS, but performance? It's the most reliable and smoothest OS you can get on a phone.

And most popular is Android. Iphone is the best selling phone, but Android has way more marketshare than IOS, it's not even close.
    Agree that iOS is not clunky, at least not on the 6s line (can't speak to before that). However just because Android has the marketshare, does not make it the most popular. Most of the world cannot afford iOS devices, and most Android devices sold and cheap low end devices with an ASP of $249, where Apples ASP is over $600. If you gave most of those low end Android users the choice between an iPhone and an Android phone side by side at the same price, what would they choose? Probably iPhone. People with the means choose iPhone over high end Android, and sales of high end devices show this.
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    10-22-15 08:20 AM
    They fvcked up the pricing....way to much.

Posted via CB10
    christausky likes this.
    10-22-15 08:36 AM
    With Android on it, I would see a $499 ceiling. The Slide out keyboard is a point of differentiation but the BlackBerry logo reduces the appeal considerably.

$699 will only sell to the BlackBerry loyal. $499 has a chance to sell to the uneducated masses when carriers sell it for $99 on a two year contract.

They need to get serious traction with this phone and fast or they are out of the hardware business by March.

Mr. Chen, breakeven on this device, sell #s and restore hope to the market or they will not have any faith to support 15% profitable portion of software solutions.

Posted via CB10
    Basically, I don't understand what you are talking about. It's not a Chinese no-name. As said in an earlier post, the price in Europe will be around 1000 USD and you are complaining.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 08:37 AM
    Basically, I don't understand what you are talking about. It's not a Chinese no-name. As said in an earlier post, the price in Europe will be around 1000 USD and you are complaining.

Posted via CB10
    20% of that Euro cost is tax. Taxes are not as high in the US and vary state to state, no federal sales tax, so they are not included in the price. And at that price it simply won't sell no matter where it is at. BlackBerry brand does not have the ability to pull that pricing like Samsung or Apple can. You would think that BlackBerry, and the people here trying to justify this pricing fiasco would have learned this from the PlayBook and BB10 failed launches. Those prices will only be paid by the tiny and shrinking daily remaining loyal base that hasn't moved on and buy every model and every color of BlackBerry device, and then they will have to slash it to losing money. And BlackBerry won't get quick uptake in the regulated space because it is Android and the regulated space doesn't trust Android. In the meantime, while BlackBerry tries to convince the regulated space to trust their Android, the space will be buying iOS devices that are trusted and are the same price or less and backed by a company committed to the product and the handset business.
    10-22-15 08:53 AM
    If it's over $699 they blew it.
    Well, now that we know... we also know that in addition to being an 1d10t... god Chen truly is trying to kill hardware. No doubt about it...

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 08:54 AM
217 ... 6789