After months of waiting for Verizon to relate the BlackBerry Priv I lost my patience and bought a Samsung. Now that the Priv is available via Verizon I am wondering is there any difference between the Android platform that BlackBerry offers vs the platform millions of users already have been using?

I do miss the great amount of customization that my Z30 offered but lack of apps and slow processor forced a change.

So how does the Priv compare?
    03-24-16 09:18 PM
    There is a Samsung Priv thread. There's also a more generic "why should I buy priv and not any other Android device" Those might help.

A number of threads on Samsung talk about the bloat that Samsung loads whatever that might mean.
    03-24-16 09:59 PM
    I have found the PRIV to be as quick as any other flagship android phone, but the extra productivity features really let android shine. The experience feels more cohesive with the hub, and you have more granularity with dtek and other blackberry apps. Just my two cents

Posted via the CB App for PRIV
    03-24-16 10:00 PM
    Honestly the priv is just a fresh take on android (BlackBerry's). Having owned both bb10 and Android devices previously, I just like the subtle customizations that blackberry has done. Honestly one other thing that I don't think gets talked about enough is feel-in-hand. The priv is one of the best devices in you hand straight out of the box, great for people like me that only like to use a case if I have to.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    andy957 likes this.
    03-24-16 10:34 PM
    For me personally it's all about the Blackberry software. It makes Android better. I use the keyboard occasionally but I love that it's there. When I pull out the phone I get a ton of attention.

That said if you are used to your S7 maybe it's not a big deal to you.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    03-25-16 06:29 AM
    My wife has been an android phone user since they started coming out. She's currently on the LG 4, but is thinking about changing to the Priv. She just likes the way it feels. The PKB isn't a draw for her as she only uses the swipe type.
    03-25-16 08:33 AM
    Just a few days with the priv so my inputs will be small but I am really liking the priv for my uses.

I have been a long BlackBerry user mainly for communication: sms, email, and phone calls. I also really "need" a physical keyboard.

So the priv stands out for two things, communication and physical keyboard and since everything I do is google I like how android ties perfectly with Google services obviously.

03-25-16 10:28 AM
    The physical keyboard is the only reason (if you are able to type on it, which I cannot). You can load the Hub on it if you want but it is not the same Hub as BB10. It also runs more of a Vanilla android then most other phones (close to stock). Other than that there really isn't a reason.
    andy957 likes this.
    03-25-16 10:57 AM
    The physical keyboard is the only reason (if you are able to type on it, which I cannot). You can load the Hub on it if you want but it is not the same Hub as BB10. It also runs more of a Vanilla android then most other phones (close to stock). Other than that there really isn't a reason.
    Keyboard is the main reason why I bought the device, well 90 percent the other 10 being it's an android and integrates with Google perfectly.

03-25-16 11:26 AM
    Using the physical keyboard is so balanced. It just feels perfect in the hands.
    03-25-16 11:47 AM
    the Priv is getting monthly security updates. the Priv has signed hardware and secure boot. the Priv has a mostly stock OS (unlike Samsung).

Posted via CB10
    03-25-16 11:58 AM
    The only real competition is the newly released S7 Edge. Now that's an awesome phone...

03-25-16 12:03 PM
    The only real competition is the newly released S7 Edge. Now that's an awesome phone...

It might be awesome, but it's still not a BlackBerry. Haha!

03-27-16 08:34 PM
    If you enjoyed z30 than priv will be closet to blackberry experience. I bought priv and I do not miss z30 but I am also glad I got priv as I can be rocking android on keyboard. I like this phone a lot
    03-28-16 03:01 PM
    The Priv yields a PKB keyboard, BlackBerry's VKB and the BlackBerry logo strewn across the front of the device as well as various other areas of the housing... Otherwise, it's an Android... It does Android things and lives an Android existence...

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 05:26 PM