I sense at least 5 orders maybe 6, on the way......................LOL
    It's on a really good magazine called dujour

Posted via CB10
    08-22-16 03:06 PM
    It's on a really good magazine called dujour

Posted via CB10

Hey cool your jets, just poking fun at BlackBerry for being slow on the advertising side that's all.
    08-22-16 03:52 PM
    Hmmm no..there are at least 4 type of fonts. Thats just ugly!
    I agree. Love the Passport, love the DTEK50, think my friends' Privs are nice... But those fonts are an eyesore, and I mean that as a constructive criticism as I'm sure you do.

Glad they're advertising in any event. But yeah, BlackBerry / Chen needs to take a look at their advertising team and rethink, imho.
    08-22-16 05:47 PM
    Hey cool your jets, just poking fun at BlackBerry for being slow on the advertising side that's all.
    OK they advertise late but better late than never

Posted via CB10
    08-22-16 05:48 PM
    Would a 2017 be any better except for the OS version?
    In the Android World people don't want one year old Phones and the profit margins are shrinking to where it makes less senses to start Advertising now.
    08-22-16 05:55 PM
    The Priv has been heavily advertised - particularly around its launch.
    I do remember the launch of the Priv and all the tidbits that made it on this site, pop up Ads, some strange low budget Avantgarde Campaign, YouTube only videos and a banner ad at a Republican debate and on the Today Show ( or GMA). Really nothing special and undeserving of a flagship, especially being the Launch of BlackBerry's first Android Device, you really need to let everyone know about.
    Last edited by DaDaDogg; 08-23-16 at 07:19 AM.
    playfoot likes this.
    08-22-16 06:23 PM
    2 pages for that? Terrible waste of advertising money.
    08-22-16 10:12 PM
    2 pages for that? Terrible waste of advertising money.
    How do you know? How much did it cost them?

Seems like a good targeted ad to me. According to the New York Times:

Take Du Jour, the new print-digital hybrid from Jason Binn, the founder of Ocean Drive, Hamptons and other society yearbooks. In order to receive it, you have to meet at least five of seven criteria, which include an average net worth of $5 million, liquid assets of $1 million, a house worth $1.5 million and other such stuff.

PRIV STV100-1/AAG111 DTEK50 STH100-1/AAG124 Z30STA100-5/10.3.3.746
    08-22-16 10:25 PM
    Aren't we a nitpicker? Always complaining.
    Whatever they try or do, it was, is, and will never be good enough for some.
    Why shouldn't someone be able to express an opinion on fonts without being criticized? I agree that the visual design is very important, and that includes fonts.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    08-22-16 11:54 PM
    No Advertising = People Complain
    Advertising = People Complain

Its their 2nd newest phone, 1 year old or not. Their Flagship. The Phone that targets consumers more than DTEK50.

Finally, The striking: "Better late than never". And definitely better when the Price is reasonable. No one would've bought a $700 BlackBerry.

I also don't think people check the release date of a phone when they're buying it. If they like it and its looks new enough they will buy it.
    08-23-16 01:48 AM
    I agree. Love the Passport, love the DTEK50, think my friends' Privs are nice... But those fonts are an eyesore, and I mean that as a constructive criticism as I'm sure you do.

Glad they're advertising in any event. But yeah, BlackBerry / Chen needs to take a look at their advertising team and rethink, imho.
    Thats what I am thinking.
    08-23-16 01:48 AM
    Why shouldn't someone be able to express an opinion on fonts without being criticized? I agree that the visual design is very important, and that includes fonts.
    Thanks! You are right. I dont get some people here on CB, we dont need to love everything BB does.
    I have my own opinion and for me the mix of fonts is ugly.
    andy957 likes this.
    08-23-16 01:53 AM
    Oh, those awful fonts!!
    BBY- just keep it clean!!
    Actually, I find the fonts and the layout tasteful. The ad reminds me of the magazines on intercontinental flights that advertise high-end products to world travelers. For the record I have done layout work and have seen plenty of stuff that I don't like. The point is to draw to the product and communicate information about it that makes it stand out and that appeals to the potential customer.
    08-23-16 03:39 AM
    Actually, I find the fonts and the layout tasteful. The ad reminds me of the magazines on intercontinental flights that advertise high-end products to world travelers. For the record I have done layout work and have seen plenty of stuff that I don't like. The point is to draw to the product and communicate information about it that makes it stand out and that appeals to the potential customer.
    +1

Looks tasteful imo.

Still wish I got dujour in the mail.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-23-16 06:41 AM
    The Priv has been heavily advertised - particularly around its launch.
    That is only partially true. Many markets that had the PRIV coming to them on day 1 saw no advertising whatsoever. Ditto for the DTEK. Fact of the matter is that BlackBerry is a mess when it comes to advertising.
    08-23-16 07:12 AM
    OK they advertise late but better late than never

Posted via CB10
    agreed!
    08-23-16 07:24 AM
    How do you know? How much did it cost them?

Seems like a good targeted ad to me. According to the New York Times:

Take Du Jour, the new print-digital hybrid from Jason Binn, the founder of Ocean Drive, Hamptons and other society yearbooks. In order to receive it, you have to meet at least five of seven criteria, which include an average net worth of $5 million, liquid assets of $1 million, a house worth $1.5 million and other such stuff.

PRIV STV100-1/AAG111 DTEK50 STH100-1/AAG124 Z30STA100-5/10.3.3.746
    I wasn't referring to the cost, but I think for a 2-page spread, it could've been much better.
    Granted I didn't put any thought into it, but at first glance, if it was compressed into a 1 pager it would have been just as effective and cost less. The remaining marketing funds can be used for another magazine.
    08-23-16 07:28 AM
    At least there are some ads. That's definitely improvement in marketing. How much, it remains to see, but it's good start
    08-23-16 07:34 AM
    Chen is still learning and it seems he is trying to spend the least amount of money possible in trying to make the hardware division "profitable". There was a lot of waste at Blackberry, super bowl commercial for example, and Chen is not looking to make those same mistakes. I think Chen is looking to break even on hardware or operate on a small lost, but offset the small hardware lost inside of the mobile division. With the Priv and Dtek 50 Chen almost has his android product portfolio in place and soon will be able to make the most inform decision on hardware ultimate fate.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-16 07:36 AM
    It's no use crying over spilt milk, but if only they'd run good advertising campaigns for the BB10 devices as well, the world would be a slightly more sensible place
    08-23-16 07:53 AM
    It's no use crying over spilt milk, but if only they'd run good advertising campaigns for the BB10 devices as well, the world would be a slightly more sensible place
    Give it up, They tried. They had every carrier lined up with it. They failed. No Apps. End of story.
    08-23-16 08:48 AM
    Here is an ad I saw while reading my morning sports:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...1628411d27.jpg

Which leads to this android comparison page:

Android BlackBerry ? Buy Today - United States

Why not compare its strengths in security vs the big dog Samsung?
    That's not an ad in your morning sports. It's a Google ad, which means that in your past internet browsing, you've looked at some Blackberry, and now it's following you around. No different if I google eye glasses, and every ad is now eye glasses. It's not BlackBerry being smart, it's Google. Click on the little triangle and you will see the following:

Ever notice "Ads by Google," "Sponsored Links," or the AdChoices icon AdChoices icon as you browse the web, use an app or watch a video? Advertisers can use Google AdWords or Google’s DoubleClick ad platform to show you ads like these. In addition to seeing ads based on the types of sites and apps you visit, you may also see ads based on your interests and more.
    08-23-16 11:55 AM
    They have agreements with Dujour. They've done lots of advertising with them. How soon everyone forgets...

BlackBerry Priv Phone ? DuJour
    Tech and Gadgets Holiday Gift Guide - DuJour

BlackBerry even sponsored their Art Basel event when Priv launched. - https://www.google.ca/search?q=black...ih=960#imgrc=_ / https://www.instagram.com/p/-xdkh2mV...by=dujourmedia
    08-23-16 01:04 PM
48 12