I too have been SUPER impressed with the support I have gotten regarding my Priv!
    12-03-15 01:42 PM
    Loving the first update. If they work on the CPU state issues (using max power for simple things that should only ramp the CPU to 50% on other phones) and battery life, and then update the BlackBerry apps like they say will happen on the 14th I will be one happy Priv user.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv
    Amen to that!
    12-03-15 02:24 PM
    Give me a break. Even larger software companies such as Apple, Microsoft and Google ship with unknown to them bugs - it's software development. You can do your best prepping and testing, but when real world conditions come there are some things that just happen unexpectedly. It's why there are zero-day vulnerabilities and patches that follow.
    I cannot recall a software project I have ever worked on where I didn't wish there was more time to catch & fix bugs before a hard release deadline. There are also bugs that are hard to uncover until you have thousands or millions of people using a product.
    12-03-15 02:43 PM
    One thing which I would do differently, is releasing updates daily, people don't mind updating their apps on a weekly or even daily basis especially in infancy of the app.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-03-15 06:06 PM
    One thing which I would do differently, is releasing updates daily, people don't mind updating their apps on a weekly or even daily basis especially in infancy of the app.
    That may work fine for an indy developer, but BlackBerry has processes in place to meet ISO and so on. About the quickest that could be done within the guidelines (appropriate design, development, review, verification, beta, QA, etc.) would be around 2 weeks I figure. It's usually better utilization of test and beta teams if they are looking at multiple fixes in one shot. In camera, just to take an example I'm familiar with, if we work on a 4-8 week schedule, we're looking at between 50-100 bugfixes & features per release, depending on the scope. For an entire OS update, like the one that just rolled out, I would wager you're looking at several hundred to a thousand or so. The release notes are just highlights.
    12-03-15 09:17 PM
    I think they have done an incredible job so far helping on this board and listening to complaints and updating the best they can. I am really impressed and hope it continues. Remember how long it took for BB10 to be great.
    12-03-15 10:18 PM
    Why are people so damn negative in their posts???
    See how you feel about BlackBerry when you get to ~4000 posts. If, for example, the Priv doesn't sell well and they never release Marshmallow for the Priv, how will you feel?

That's how a lot of long time RIM / BB enthusiasts feel. Hence, negativity.

The Priv is a great product for BlackBerry, and the front-line BlackBerry support and customer relations staff are excellent: it's high-level management that is the object of our ire. I hope you and other Priv users are the ones who finally get the BlackBerry Ltd. that is properly managed and respects their customers. The rest of us missed out.
    crucial bbq likes this.
    12-03-15 11:00 PM
    "Why are people so damn negative in their posts???"

That is the nature of public forums. Whether it is this one, or a political one. The majority of the posts will be, at least somewhat, negative. It is the human condition, to complain.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-04-15 12:42 AM
    I firmly believe they are watching this launch closely they want to succeed in the hardware business. I was personally disappointed with the battery life and camera on the Priv but will purchase if updates fix these issues.
    What battery life issue? We have two Priv in my household and the batteries are super. The camera takes good pics, so exactly what are you talking about.
    12-04-15 08:51 AM
    What battery life issue? We have two Priv in my household and the batteries are super. The camera takes good pics, so exactly what are you talking about.
    If you read the forums you would understand glad both of yours are good but for some they have issues.
    12-04-15 10:54 AM
35 12