At least for me, the blackberry launcher has been pretty laggy as of late. So I'm wondering if you guys are loyal to the blackberry launcher or have switched to another launcher. If so, what are you using?

I'm about ready to try Nova but I like the red stars on my hub when I have unread messages.

Thanks for your thoughts...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-30-16 05:50 PM
    Nova is the best in my opinion a lot of people will agree with me.

03-30-16 05:51 PM
    I'm sticking with blackberry for now, although it's always good to experiment

Posted via the CB App for PRIV
    ProjectBrett likes this.
    03-30-16 05:59 PM
    That's weird that the BlackBerry Launcher would "lag", thankfully I have not had that occur on my Priv at all. It is just an app drawer that opens and shows my icons, don't even see how that could end up lagging.

03-30-16 08:03 PM
    I'm loving the flow of the BlackBerry Launcher.

BBM Channel: C0001F285
    ProjectBrett likes this.
    03-30-16 08:20 PM
    I'm using Nova.

03-30-16 08:24 PM
    I tried Nova Premium, Google Now, and BlackBerry Launcher.

After trying them all, I went back with the default, because it's the most clean look and feel.

Playing the the Google Now, it was a huge battery drain. (Before i had learned of Snapdragon BatteryGuru)
    And my ringtone kept getting reset to Sprints Theme.

On the other hand, Nova Launcher Prime (Premium, whatev) was a decent launcher. Although for a perfectionest like me, I was too customizable, I couldn't just leave it alone and i'd keep loosing track of my apps.The nice thing was the landscape desktop that came with the Nova Launcher Prime (but i couldn't figure out why my phone wouldn't ring when getting calls) And i blamed not seeing my power bar on Nova (I later concluded that it was because i only looked for the energy bar while charging in the dark)

After playing with all three launchers, i decided to wipe my phone fresh, and keep it simply classic.
    BlackBerry Launcher was the only one that I didn't have any discrepencies.

P.S. My phone still resets the ringtone to Sprint's theme....
    03-30-16 08:55 PM
    I tried Nova, but kept returning to the BlackBerry Launcher. Then I discovered ZenUI and have been using it consistently. It has some features I really appreciate, such as app locking. For me, it is the best compromise between the BlackBerry Launcher and Nova.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-16 09:07 PM
    You should try Action Launcher 3. Much better than BlackBerry Launcher, IMO.

JWW likes this.
    03-30-16 11:48 PM
    Personally I am using Nova with TeslaUnread to provide an equivalent to the red splat notification. The only reason I switched was the ability to backup the homescreen layouts, from experience it can take a huge amount of time to re-setup everything following a wipe - which tbh I haven't had to do with my Priv but ended up doing a few times with the Galaxy S6 I had before.
    03-31-16 03:53 AM
    I like that I can set long press on keys on pkb to 'open ' apps or open text conversations or speed dial certain contacts. As far as I know that option only works with BlackBerry launcher.

I don't find any lag on my Priv.
    Good luck finding launcher that works best for you :-)

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    03-31-16 04:26 AM
    I was getting terrible battery life then I switched to nova launcher (free/basic) and my batter life has improved from 2-3 hrs sot to 4-5 hrs sot.

anyone else has Same experience?

03-31-16 08:40 PM
    So i went and reinstalled the Nova Launcher Prime after posting earlier.
    I wanted to see if I could manage to keep my homescreen in landscape, and I noticed something....
    The swipedown menu doesn't fit...

That's probably why BlackBerry Launcher never incorperated that setting...
    I knew there was a reason I stayed with the default launcher.
    03-31-16 09:31 PM
    One benefit of landscape mode is that, to some extent, it can mitigate the status bar "burn in" of AMOLED screen. And you can even hide the status bar with nova launcher if you want. Another reason I prefer nova is the background color of app drawer is customizable. If its been set to black, in theory, the battery life could be improved on this AMOLED panel since most subpxels are not lit up.

05-07-16 07:58 AM
    Try the Z Launcher by Nokia.
    05-07-16 08:12 AM
    I am using Google Now. Was using the Blackberry Launcher, but after the latest update, my clock widget stopped working (Timely). For some strange reason though the same widget would still work in Google Now launcher...

05-07-16 08:36 AM
    BlackBerry launcher for the simple reason that I can use kb shortcuts... if they can add sweeping from the left in home screen to be assigned to an app (in my case would be the Hub) it would be perfect

05-07-16 08:59 AM
    BlackBerry Launcher for me, clean and snappy for me.

05-07-16 10:28 AM
    Try a few launcher always back using BlackBerry launcher
    05-07-16 11:16 AM
    Try a few launcher always back using BlackBerry launcher
    What is it about the BlackBerry Launcher that draws you back Usman?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    05-07-16 11:39 AM
    What is it about the BlackBerry Launcher that draws you back Usman?

To be honest I like simple and clean ,I also turn off animation scale in developer mode option ,fast and snappy
    FF22 likes this.
    05-07-16 11:43 AM
    Action Launcher, easily best choice over nova (good) or google (eh) or bberry launcher. You lose keyboard shortcuts. Everything else (including pop up widgets, not in nova) is so much better. quickbar, quick tab, app access bar on left, hide top status bar, etc....all added w action launcher. Easily the best choice.
    05-07-16 11:46 AM
    Action 3 is pretty good, no doubt at all. But the only thing missing is the unread count which is a big deal for me. There used to be a official plug-in for Action 2. However the developer decided not support it on version 3 claiming its impossible to make a proper one without android native support......

While, at least Nova has a decent one. Using notification count as a bypass but works.
    JWW likes this.
    05-07-16 12:17 PM
    To be honest I like simple and clean ,I also turn off animation scale in developer mode option ,fast and snappy
    I am using nova. You have all that there too. I like the ability to change individual icons and drawer spacing.

Uzi likes this.
    05-07-16 12:22 PM
    well, believe or not, for me, losing the kb shortcuts is a compromised too big to accept... action launcher has many nice perks, but no kb shortcuts...

Action Launcher, easily best choice over nova (good) or google (eh) or bberry launcher. You lose keyboard shortcuts. Everything else (including pop up widgets, not in nova) is so much better. quickbar, quick tab, app access bar on left, hide top status bar, etc....all added w action launcher. Easily the best choice.
    JWW likes this.
    05-07-16 12:46 PM
44 12