Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Just found this app that gives you bb10 style notifications + you can dismiss the notifications from the lockscreen unlike bb10. It's called Slidelock.. And it's free.

Check it out on Google Play if you want that bit more customization.

This phone just gets better and better. Love it!
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry 10 style lockscreen notifications on the Priv.-1452110334612.jpg ย 
    Last edited by naijab0y; 01-06-16 at 02:10 PM.
    01-06-16 02:00 PM
    What's the name of the app? Looks nice.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-06-16 02:01 PM
    What's the name of the app? Looks nice.

It's called Slidelock.. And it's free.
    01-06-16 02:35 PM
    Guys.. Another app to improve your efficiency. Download an app called Popup Free. It allows you to reply to texts, bbm's. Facebook Messenger and whatsapp messages from the lockscreen, without unlocking your phone or opening the app if it's already unlocked.

It does not work on email for me as I use BlackBerry Hub. Maybe it works on standalone email apps. Not sure if it works on other messaging apps as I don't use them.

This is one thing I searched so badly for on BlackBerry 10 that was never available.

Enjoy ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ‘Š
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry 10 style lockscreen notifications on the Priv.-1452189299409.jpg ย 
    Last edited by naijab0y; 01-07-16 at 02:56 PM.
    01-07-16 11:58 AM
    Another lockscreen app that's lovely. It's built by Microsoft so can be trusted. It's called Next. Shows messages (bb10 style), weather, most used apps (user configurable based on location), pin and pattern lock. No need to worry about anyone having access to your apps as it will ask for the pin password before they can access. You can also configure which app notifications show onscreen for even more privacy.

I stopped using the first one I posted cos it didn't show BlackBerry hub email notifications but this does.

Android is so configurable it's ridiculous. Love it.
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry 10 style lockscreen notifications on the Priv.-1452344261478.jpg ย 
    Last edited by naijab0y; 01-09-16 at 07:44 AM.
    01-09-16 06:57 AM
    why doesn't my STV100-1 phone have that PRIV lock background? how do i get that?
    01-09-16 08:21 AM
    why doesn't my STV100-1 phone have that PRIV lock background? how do i get that?
    Read my post. You should be able to work it out.

Posted via the BlackBerry Priv
    01-09-16 09:12 AM
    A little confused. I was under the impression when I received a message, mainly a text, from the notification, I could reply to the message.
    Hence, I'm not sure one would need the app, "Popup Free"...
    01-10-16 01:13 AM
    A little confused. I was under the impression when I received a message, mainly a text, from the notification, I could reply to the message.
    Hence, I'm not sure one would need the app, "Popup Free"...
    You can clearly see it works for me. Not sure why it doesn't work for you. Maybe you've set it up wrong. I can reply to BBM'S, WhatsApp, facebook messenger and texts from the lockscreen.

01-10-16 02:26 AM
    Read my post. You should be able to work it out.

OP..I guess he asked you where can he get the PRIV background picture like the one you're having on your phone.

01-10-16 03:53 AM
    Another lockscreen app that's lovely. It's built by Microsoft so can be trusted. It's called Next. Shows messages (bb10 style), weather, most used apps (user configurable based on location), pin and pattern lock. No need to worry about anyone having access to your apps as it will ask for the pin password before they can access. You can also configure which app notifications show onscreen for even more privacy.

I stopped using the first one I posted cos it didn't show BlackBerry hub email notifications but this does.

Android is so configurable it's ridiculous. Love it.
    Super app!!! I like it! Thanks!

01-10-16 04:02 AM
    You can clearly see it works for me. Not sure why it doesn't work for you. Maybe you've set it up wrong. I can reply to BBM'S, WhatsApp, facebook messenger and texts from the lockscreen.

I meant, it works for me, thus why does one need an additional app?
    01-10-16 11:17 AM
    I meant, it works for me, thus why does one need an additional app?
    What works for you? You can't reply to a bbm or text without unlocking the Priv when it's just stock thus, the need for the app. Or can you explain how you do it without a third party app.

It's only the built in whatsapp pop up that I know does this. None of the other apps. The quick reply function that the stock text app has can only be used when u unlock the phone. For facebook Messenger it used chatheads to do the same but again if your phone is locked you'd need to unlock it to reply. BBM does not do it at all.
    01-10-16 12:17 PM
    Yes, I'm now a big fan of Next Lockscreen and Arrow Launcher. Who knew Microsoft wrote the good stuff for Android? :-)
    02-03-16 05:50 AM
    The only issue with "Next" is that the emails in Blackberry Hub show up as "other" instead of regular emails. I found that to be incredibly annoying. I also don't like that i have to swipe Down instead of up to unlock the screen. Waiting for them to fix these.
    02-03-16 04:33 PM
    Just found this app that gives you bb10 style notifications + you can dismiss the notifications from the lockscreen unlike bb10. It's called Slidelock.. And it's free.

Does it work with the Genuine leather smart case??

02-03-16 05:05 PM
    Guys.. Another app to improve your efficiency. Download an app called Popup Free. It allows you to reply to texts, bbm's. Facebook Messenger and whatsapp messages from the lockscreen, without unlocking your phone or opening the app if it's already unlocked.

It does not work on email for me as I use BlackBerry Hub. Maybe it works on standalone email apps. Not sure if it works on other messaging apps as I don't use them.

This is one thing I searched so badly for on BlackBerry 10 that was never available.

Enjoy

It would be nice if the notification popup appeared at the top and not the middle.,
    Cong Tuan Nguyen likes this.
    02-03-16 05:21 PM
    Hello!
    I am still searching/googling for a lock screen notification app that mimics BB10 in the same way that just the app-icon is shown on the left side and depending on which icon I tap, I get the corresponding messages shown

This is the most (space) efficient way to do notifications if you ask me... and I am desperate to find an developer that did it for the PRIV.

Can anyone please help out?
    05-05-16 12:08 PM

Who is the developer of the Slidelock app you mentioned? Thanks.
    05-05-16 02:27 PM
    I had read the suggestion early in this discussion. But again, Sidelock (as others) just gives a list of the new notification. The seemingly small but very important difference at BB10 is that you tap the icon and you see the most recent messages from that app (Mail, WhatsApp, Linkin etc.) what all others are doing, is just creating a long list with all new notifications.

I think BB10 does there a very smart distinction and I can't get it why it should be difficult to do on Android..
    Some other tipps anyone? :-/
    05-06-16 05:00 AM
    I had read the suggestion early in this discussion. But again, Sidelock (as others) just gives a list of the new notification. The seemingly small but very important difference at BB10 is that you tap the icon and you see the most recent messages from that app (Mail, WhatsApp, Linkin etc.) what all others are doing, is just creating a long list with all new notifications.

I think BB10 does there a very smart distinction and I can't get it why it should be difficult to do on Android..
    Some other tipps anyone? :-/
    There is absolutely nothing like BB10.
    The sad thing is that people keeps saying android is flexible and you can get anything you want.

The truth, I still couldn't get or find anything similar or close to BB10 experience.

The worst thing in my opinion is the phone dialer app. It's such a crap unbelievable.

05-06-16 05:51 AM
    Can it really be that Android does not have ONE f** app that copies this simple feature? I mean, if Android is something then it is flexible - there is for every single something an app

Concerning the dialer... yes, but BB also changed the one on BB10 - it was this up/down for accept/reject that I liked most
    05-06-16 06:06 AM
    I prefer Hi Locker BlackBerry 10 style lockscreen notifications on the Priv.-ingin-hp-android-menyapa-anda-ini-caranya-oleh-tekno-segiempat.jpg
    09-21-16 01:06 PM
    I totally agree..Phone dialer is really really a crap. Why would BB can not come up with its own dialer and text messaging app...?
    09-21-16 01:55 PM