12-26-15 07:13 AM
74 123
tools
    Yes, most of the people shall say it wont sell well. However BlackBerry have already released Priv and looks like its gonna sell well. Now they should create an autoloader that would allow Priv users to flash to BlackBerry 10. Also they could try marketing BlackBerry 10 Priv through invite system like Oneplus does. I really think this would be a smart attempt since releasing a flagship BlackBerry 10 device may not entice non BlackBerry fans. BlackBerry can make sure investment is least for the purpose of promoting BlackBerry 10. If it were just business/money, BlackBerry may be considering future android only. However there are a lot of Android OEM's and most of the software policies are under Google control, so it would be wise not to ditch BlackBerry 10. Simple idea, create BlackBerry Android devices and sell well, then provide with 'leaked' BlackBerry 10 autoloaders for them. I guess this way more BlackBerry 10 running devices shall be there.

I wish to see this soon so that I could upgrade my Z30 with another flagship BlackBerry 10 device. (Not a great fan of BlackBerry 10 Passport)

Posted via CB10
    xxslxx and BB_PP like this.
    12-16-15 02:11 AM
    Now they should create an autoloader that would allow Priv users to flash to BlackBerry 10.
    I wish to see this soon so that I could upgrade my Z30 with another flagship BlackBerry 10 device
    That is never going to happen.

Z30 successor would be dope.
    xxslxx and dietertong like this.
    12-16-15 02:33 AM
    BlackBerry 10 is awesome. Somehow I doubt they will do this though. You may as well get a PRIV.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    xxslxx likes this.
    12-16-15 02:48 AM
    Was just thinking, of course, depending on the finances and resources, what would be the possibility of BlackBerry producing half a million BB10 devices per year for worldwide release? This would be done in the event that the Priv is a decent success, ie, it makes a reasonable profit for starters.

I am thinking 250 000 Q10/ Passport types and 250 000 full-touch phones.

My worry is if Android tanks, there is no guarantee in this space and BlackBerry needs to be prepared. Nobody saw Nokia collapsing, it could happen to Android even with Google as powerful as it.

Keeping BB10 alive may not be such a bad thing at all.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-15 06:08 AM
    It will never happen. Forget that..

Posted via my Priv by BlackBerry
    12-16-15 07:05 AM
    Having the same dream.... BB10 OS on would be sooo great.
    At least it would be cool if loyal 'old' customers get the choice of OS running on the priv....

Posted via CB10
    12-16-15 07:47 AM
    Having the same dream.... BB10 OS on would be sooo great.
    At least it would be cool if loyal 'old' customers get the choice of OS running on the priv....

Posted via CB10
    Too complicated.

And what about the drivers cost for S808 BB10 couple...
    12-16-15 08:51 AM
    Yes, most of the people shall say it wont sell well. However BlackBerry have already released Priv and looks like its gonna sell well. Now they should create an autoloader that would allow Priv users to flash to BlackBerry 10. Also they could try marketing BlackBerry 10 Priv through invite system like Oneplus does. I really think this would be a smart attempt since releasing a flagship BlackBerry 10 device may not entice non BlackBerry fans. BlackBerry can make sure investment is least for the purpose of promoting BlackBerry 10. If it were just business/money, BlackBerry may be considering future android only. However there are a lot of Android OEM's and most of the software policies are under Google control, so it would be wise not to ditch BlackBerry 10. Simple idea, create BlackBerry Android devices and sell well, then provide with 'leaked' BlackBerry 10 autoloaders for them. I guess this way more BlackBerry 10 running devices shall be there.

I wish to see this soon so that I could upgrade my Z30 with another flagship BlackBerry 10 device. (Not a great fan of BlackBerry 10 Passport)

Posted via CB10
    Just let it go.
    12-16-15 08:55 AM
    Why don't people in these forums understand that BB10 doesn't sell? It's not because it's a bad operating system, but because it doesn't have advertising or a diverse application ecosystem. BB10, in fact, sold so badly that BlackBerry has had to go to Android just to keep making phones. If that fails, they are done.

I love BB10, my Z30 and Passport, but these are now relics. Either buy the Priv to help BlackBerry survive or move on to another operation system.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    12-16-15 09:03 AM
    BB10 is dead.

I bet you there will be no new devices.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-15 09:14 AM
    BB10 is dead.

I bet you there will be no new devices.

Posted via CB10
    Now hang on a minute here...this is crazy talk!
    #AddictedtoBBOS
    12-16-15 09:19 AM
    Was just thinking, of course, depending on the finances and resources, what would be the possibility of BlackBerry producing half a million BB10 devices per year for worldwide release? This would be done in the event that the Priv is a decent success, ie, it makes a reasonable profit for starters.

I am thinking 250 000 Q10/ Passport types and 250 000 full-touch phones.

My worry is if Android tanks, there is no guarantee in this space and BlackBerry needs to be prepared. Nobody saw Nokia collapsing, it could happen to Android even with Google as powerful as it.

Keeping BB10 alive may not be such a bad thing at all.

Posted via CB10
    If the cost of developing and maintaining a modern OS is around $250 million a year (this is lowball, but let's go with that for argument sake - I think the real number is double that), that would require a premium of $500 per user per year on top of low yield / high cost devices.

So if all of these people committed to buying a new phone every two years, you would have to sell them at about $2000 USD ($1000 for the device + 2x$500 development). Yikes. And that's just to beak even!
    nick903 likes this.
    12-16-15 09:36 AM
    Even though I have gotten used to the flow of Android and loving the endless app selection, if they allowed the option to load BB10, I would do it in a heartbeat. Using Android makes me appreciate how good BB10 actually is. The flow of it is unmatched. BB10 is probably the best unknown OS. Sad the public is unaware of this marvelous OS.

I know BB10 is dead but it would nice.....

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-16-15 09:55 AM
    The whole thing reminds me of eDirectory vs Active Directory.... it's not the best system winning.... but that's life...

Posted via CB10
    djenks76 likes this.
    12-16-15 10:24 AM
    Too complicated.

And what about the drivers cost for S808 BB10 couple...
    Too complicated? I don't think so. They already have the drivers, they already have the OS, they already have the hardware/handsets, and between BlackBerry and QNX they already have the engineers capable to make it all happen. So why don't we see one? For one, costs. A BB10 Priv would require testing, would still require to pass through which-ever consumer and or communications agencies to be allowed sale in what-ever countries (if needed), and it would still require even more maintenance/updates than what is currently expected/needed. Take the edge on the curved screen for example. Would BlackBerry leave it "blank" or would they impart functionality akin to what we see on the Priv/6S Edge? So, for two; bottom line is that it is one thing for Priv users to wait for Marshmallow--we all know it is coming as fact. A BB10 Priv stuck on 10.3.X, with ART 4.2 only, would not be very cool for long. BB10 Priv users would demand and expect a 10.4 and perhaps beyond.

I am not saying I would not buy one or that a BB10 Priv would not sell, I am confident it would sell better than the Passport if released at this moment. I just would not suggest holding your breath. As an aside, BlackBerry is now in a unique position, however, that they were not in pre-Priv. That is, they could decide to dump BB10 onto some of the remaining Privs that do not sell to help ship a few more units. Of course it would not happen soon, if at all, but it is a possibility.
    12-16-15 10:25 AM
    It does look better with this OS running on it.
    BlackBerry 10 Priv?-blackberry-priv-10-version.jpg

This one looks like crap.
    BlackBerry 10 Priv?-blackberry-p_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    12-16-15 10:34 AM
    and still, there will be no BB10 devices as it seems BlackBerry does not want to commit suicide.

And it just looks better cause of the different screen pics
    But if it's just the look you want, ask BlackBerry to provide you with one of the dummy units they had. (bb10 sticker on the screen)
    Then you can pin that to your wall

Posted via CB10
    Brad Morse likes this.
    12-16-15 01:35 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BlackBerry Priv 10 version.jpg 
Views:	508 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	384620

Posted via CB10
    Well the first one is a fantasy device both hardware and OS wise so in fantasy land yes, it is the winner.
    12-16-15 01:44 PM

This one looks like crap.

Posted via CB10
    With Android, you can have your home screen look any way you want. From animated wallpapers, to custom icon layout, to widgets placed as you wish.

While I'm no BB10 hater, Android wins this one hands down.
    Brad Morse likes this.
    12-16-15 01:47 PM
    I dont understand why people dont want to see a flagship BlackBerry 10 device. I have been hearing BlackBerry gonna die soon, may be from last 5+yrs. Android though part of OHA is under Google's control. In future if Google policies changes, BlackBerry may not be able to keep android secure or private the way they does. BlackBerry 10 is the sole proprietary OS of BlackBerry. They can do what ever with it. If BlackBerry Priv succeeds and sell well then there are more BlackBerry users. Now I am saying not to release a complete different BlackBerry 10 phone. Just release a BlackBerry 10 version of Priv or may be an autoloader that can be flashed to Priv to become BB10. Why because there are people like me who wish to see BlackBerry continuing with Smartphone business that too running BB10. Its not fanboism, just because a pretty good OS is being underrated.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-15 03:56 PM
    [QUOTE=conite;12154317]If the cost of developing and maintaining a modern OS is around $250 million a year (this is lowball, but let'Ud2ddgvgs go with that for argument sake - I think the real number is double that), that would require a premium of $500 j
    On user per year on top of low yield / high cost devices.
    Hhf
    So if all of these people committed to buying a new phone every two years, you would have to sell them at about $2000 USD ($1000 for the device + 2x$500 development). Yikes. And that's just to beak

Posted via the CrackBerry App on my BlackBerry Priv.
    12-16-15 04:02 PM
    BlackBerry built the Priv for Android. They've conceived this phone aiming to convert android users for the "familiarity" of OS. If you guys think an auto loader will make its way for BB10, think again. No one yet has ever claimed they were able to root the Phone (?) That says more on how BlackBerry able to lock down the Priv!

It's meant for Android. An auto loader will just cripple the system and won't really make any improvements for the battery. If rooting can be done at the first place then there's a future for BB10... Just forget it! It won't happen. BB10 is still here and it still works best with its core apps and features.

I really don't mind anymore which route BlackBerry goes. As long as I have a working phone, I'm good to go. BlackBerry is trying to be versatile here and we should all be.
    12-16-15 04:28 PM
    F a Priv. Android can have it and keep it. BlackBerry needs to build a way better device than the Priv for BB10. They don't have to build millions of units but they can build as needed. But I guess as long as Chen and his Android employees working at BlackBerry are in charge, we might as well not hold our breath. Oh well, I'm picking up a Z30 next week from a friend. Still sealed in the original packaging, unlocked. And when the Z30 goes belly up or when Chen announces BB10 is over. Whichever comes first, Apple is gonna be my place to call home.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-15 11:30 PM
    I dont understand why people dont want to see a flagship BlackBerry 10 device. I have been hearing BlackBerry gonna die soon, may be from last 5+yrs. Android though part of OHA is under Google's control. In future if Google policies changes, BlackBerry may not be able to keep android secure or private the way they does. BlackBerry 10 is the sole proprietary OS of BlackBerry. They can do what ever with it. If BlackBerry Priv succeeds and sell well then there are more BlackBerry users. Now I am saying not to release a complete different BlackBerry 10 phone. Just release a BlackBerry 10 version of Priv or may be an autoloader that can be flashed to Priv to become BB10. Why because there are people like me who wish to see BlackBerry continuing with Smartphone business that too running BB10. Its not fanboism, just because a pretty good OS is being underrated.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry 10 is without question the largest commercial failure EVER in the history of the smartphone business. All BB10 devices have failed, a new flagship BB10 slider wouldn't be any different. BlackBerry nearly died because of the damage from BB10. They lost several billions of dollars on BB10 and never made a cent of profit off of it.

The fact that there are still people hoping for BlackBerry to waste even more money on the single most costly mistake ever unleashed on the smartphone business is truly stunning.

BB10 did absolutely nothing to help turn BlackBerry around. It only made things worse for them. Let that failure die already people.
    12-17-15 06:40 AM

Posted via CB10
    It's not that they don't want to see it, but realistically speaking most people realize that it won't sell. In the bubble universe that is crackberry, everyone would buy a BB10 priv, but in the real universe not so much. Drivers for the QNX kernel for the snapdragon 808 are expensive (BB admitted this themselves). And BB considered that cost to be too big for the number of BB10 Priv devices they would REALISTICALLY sell.
    Brad Morse likes this.
    12-17-15 06:55 AM
74 123