LMAO.

I have a Classic and an Adroid 5.0.2. It is not a fast OS.

Open multiple tabs in your browser. Have fun with that.
    Hey listening to music? Do you mind changing to the next track? Oh, do it without looking. Oh that's right. You have to turn on the screen so you can tap on the next track button.

Watching a video on your browser? Oh could you quickly read that last email for me please? Great, you can go watch your video in the browser again. Sorry, I forgot to tell you the browser is going to refresh now and it's gonna have to reload the video from the start.

Hey, mind writing a comment in a forum when using your browser? Okay, I'm gonna send you an email and just quickly read it. Mind just taking a few minutes away from writing that comment to read the email? OH snap sorry don't leave the browser because once you do, it's going to refresh the webpage and everything you wrote will be lost.

Posted via CB10
    I saw other posts saying the video thing has been fixed in later versions. Regardless, sounds like multi-tasking not as fluid.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 07:10 AM
    I use the Z30. I know that the Samsung has DNLA like BB10.

1: Does anyone know if the Priv will have this? That's the play on features from the pictures and video app.

2: Is there a HDMI output?

3: Miracast?

4: I have my Z30 mapped on my windows 10 computer as a hard drive. I like that the phone can be anywhere on my network and I have the ability to just drag and drop files, pictures, videos via WiFi . Will that be available on t Android Priv?

5: File manager with BlackBerry Link. I use file manager a lot.. When I travel, S long as my office PC is on, I am able to use file manager to access all my office files. Will this still be available?

6: Will the headless apps work like BBM. When I'm using the browser or any app and someone sends BBM message, will it appear and can I respond without leaving g the app?

7: will the time shift feature be in the new camera app. Having 3 kids makes this a must have camera need!?

8: story teller in the photo app integrated. I know there are android apps that do similar things but having it in the photo app and making quick movies is nice..

9: dark Theme apps. Don't know if they are available in Android but my Calendar and BBM are both Dark and I can't go back to a bright screen..

10: No one has mentioned anything about the BlackBerry signature LED. Will that be part of the PRIV?

That's my top 10 feature that will make it usable...

Posted via CB10
    AmritD, acovey and PatrickMJS like this.
    10-18-15 01:27 PM

1: Does anyone know if the Priv will have this? That's the play on features from the pictures and video app.

4: I have my Z30 mapped on my windows 10 computer as a hard drive. I like that the phone can be anywhere on my network and I have the ability to just drag and drop files, pictures, videos via WiFi . Will that be available on t Android Priv?

5: File manager with BlackBerry Link. I use file manager a lot.. When I travel, S long as my office PC is on, I am able to use file manager to access all my office files. Will this still be available?

6: Will the headless apps work like BBM. When I'm using the browser or any app and someone sends BBM message, will it appear and can I respond without leaving g the app?

7: will the time shift feature be in the new camera app. Having 3 kids makes this a must have camera need!?

8: story teller in the photo app integrated. I know there are android apps that do similar things but having it in the photo app and making quick movies is nice..

9: dark Theme apps. Don't know if they are available in Android but my Calendar and BBM are both Dark and I can't go back to a bright screen..

10: No one has mentioned anything about the BlackBerry signature LED. Will that be part of the PRIV?

Posted via CB10
    Yes for all. Photos and videos do show the LED. So it's definitely there

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2639
    10-18-15 02:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    You're in for a disappointment.

Whatever you do, keep good care of your Z30. If not, I am seriously willing to trade you it for my LG G Stylo. You can "enjoy" android now before you get your hands on Priv.

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    10-18-15 07:13 PM
    Yes for all. Photos and videos do show the LED. So it's definitely there

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2639
    I haven't seen confirmation for most of these things. What's your source?

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 07:39 PM
    There are some swiping apps.

That being said, it sounds like an opportunity for a developer to recreate some BlackBerry 10 features.

Posted via CB10
    Or BlackBerry themselves as USP... :-)

�   Ahoy, Privateers...! :-)   �
    10-18-15 08:31 PM
    Or BlackBerry themselves as USP... :-)

�   Ahoy, Privateers...! :-)   �
    Yup, I spoke to early!

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 09:08 PM
    So Kevin and Bla1ze are just uninformed fanboys?

Posted via CB10
    I have no idea of their technical skills, do you?
    10-18-15 10:22 PM
    Well you just run up your white flag and surrender and get your fart apps.
    White flag, on the contrary, this is their last viable fighting move. Do you want them to keep making BlackBerry 10 devices? They've made lots of them, and have lost money on them all. Repeating a behavior, and expecting a different outcome is the definition of insanity. BlackBerry 10 has not made them a dime. BlackBerry's board of directors responsibility is to generate value for the company and its investors. It isn't to please the few fan boys that are left. And I consider myself a fan boy and love BlackBerry 10 and hate Android.

What would you propose BlackBerry have done instead? You're expecting them to go out of business just so you can have one more failed BlackBerry 10 device.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 10:39 PM
    White flag, on the contrary, this is their last viable fighting move. What would you propose BlackBerry have done instead?

Posted via CB10
    Support their supporters!
    10-18-15 10:43 PM
    That's exactly what they're doing. Making sure the company's handset division survives to give their supporters the hardware they love.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 10:46 PM
    How would staying with BlackBerry 10 support their supporters if staying solely with BlackBerry 10 shuts down their handset division? If Priv does well it will allow their handset division to stay in business and keep BlackBerry 10 aground for you, enterprise, and governments.

So yes, they're supporting their supporters, you're being to emotional and short sighted to see it.

Posted via CB10
    Sparksx likes this.
    10-18-15 10:49 PM
    That's exactly what they're doing. Making sure the company's handset division survives to give their supporters the hardware they love.

Posted via CB10
    Yes I love the hardware too, BUT not Android, and as hard as it is to understand THAT'S the way it is.
    10-18-15 11:01 PM
    How would staying with BlackBerry 10 support their supporters if staying solely with BlackBerry 10 shuts down their handset division? If Priv does well it will allow their handset division to stay in business and keep BlackBerry 10 aground for you, enterprise, and governments.

So yes, they're supporting their supporters, you're being to emotional and short sighted to see it.

Posted via CB10
    NOT emotional just saying changing to Android SUCKS.
    10-18-15 11:04 PM
    NOT emotional just saying changing to Android SUCKS.
    Well you said we're putting up the proverbial white flag. What would you suggest BlackBerry have done so that their business could survive?

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 11:13 PM
    Well you said we're putting up the proverbial white flag. What would you suggest BlackBerry have done so that their business could survive?

Posted via CB10
    Offer BB10 and a downgrade to Android for those that want it.
    10-19-15 12:31 AM
    Offer BB10 and a downgrade to Android for those that want it.
    Every has explain a million times why that can't happen. We can't explain it anymore. Re read the threads friend.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 05:42 AM
    Every has explain a million times why that can't happen. We can't explain it anymore. Re read the threads friend.

Posted via CB10
    8 BB10 devices for different markets around the world. Not one was a success. All 8 couldn't sell enough to turn a profit or break even.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 06:21 AM
    Re swiping in Android: My OnePlus One has a "navigation ring". I believe it's a standard Android feature. You place your finger at bottom center and swipe left diagonal, straight up, or right diagonal, to three "target" apps. You get to assign these yourself. The nav ring is available from inside any app. If you swipe into the Hub, the back button will return you to what you were doing. Or you can tap the Recent Apps button and go back that way.

Edit: The nav ring as described may be a Cyanogenmod exclusive. I'm just not sure, but it shows it can be done, and the Priv video we've seen looks like it.
    10-19-15 06:46 AM
    LMAO.
    Open multiple tabs in your browser. Have fun with that.
    Hey listening to music? Do you mind changing to the next track? Oh, do it without looking. Oh that's right. You have to turn on the screen so you can tap on the next track button.

Watching a video on your browser? Oh could you quickly read that last email for me please? Great, you can go watch your video in the browser again. Sorry, I forgot to tell you the browser is going to refresh now and it's gonna have to reload the video from the start.

Hey, mind writing a comment in a forum when using your browser? Okay, I'm gonna send you an email and just quickly read it. Mind just taking a few minutes away from writing that comment to read the email? OH snap sorry don't leave the browser because once you do, it's going to refresh the webpage and everything you wrote will be lost.
    Posted via CB10
    You do realise this is not standard for most android phones?
    10-19-15 06:48 AM
    Youtube in the background - Available from Android 5.0 and up
    Bedtime mode - not available, but I'm sure there are apps for that
    Custom profiles - Available from Android 4.4 and up
    Toast Notifications - Available from Android 5.0 and up
    BBM video - not available (yet)
    Gestures - Android is full of gestures, and many of them make more sense then the BB10 gestures
    Shortcut keys - not availabe, but you can program shortcuts on your homescreen really easy
    Speed dial from keyboard - not available, but you can place shortcuts for speed dialing on your homescreen
    BB10 browser - not available, but a load of other browsers are available in the app store
    Is the YouTube on the background a setting in Android 5.0?? Because I have the galaxy S6 and as soon as I get out of the YouTube app the audio as well as the video stop.
    10-19-15 07:25 AM
    Is the YouTube on the background a setting in Android 5.0?? Because I have the galaxy S6 and as soon as I get out of the YouTube app the audio as well as the video stop.
    No. YouTube won't run in the background if you're using Google's YouTube app on standard Android installations. This has nothing to do with Android multitasking, though. It's because Google intentionally made the app that way. Google wants your eyes on the screen when YouTube video is running, because they're selling YouTube video ad space to their paying customers, the advertisers. They want to be able to assure those customers that people are seeing their ads.

There have been third-party apps for playing YouTube videos in the background, but as far as I can tell, most of these either no longer work properly or have had that feature removed, because it is a violation of Google's Terms of Service. In short, Google has cracked down on that sort of thing, at least in Google Play. I just did a quick browse in Play and found a lot of such apps with recent views along the lines of "Since the update videos no longer play in the background, making this app useless. One star"....that sort of thing.

I gather some OEM Android skins allow YouTube to play in the background. I base that only on what I've read here on CB, not on personal experience. I can't imagine Google is happy about that, and I'm surprised they haven't put something in OHA rules to stop it.

I wouldn't expect it to work on the Priv, nor would I expect an Android version of something like FastTube anytime soon.
    10-19-15 08:21 AM
    No. YouTube won't run in the background if you're using Google's YouTube app on standard Android installations. This has nothing to do with Android multitasking, though. It's because Google intentionally made the app that way. Google wants your eyes on the screen when YouTube video is running, because they're selling YouTube video ad space to their paying customers, the advertisers. They want to be able to assure those customers that people are seeing their ads.

There have been third-party apps for playing YouTube videos in the background, but as far as I can tell, most of these either no longer work properly or have had that feature removed, because it is a violation of Google's Terms of Service. In short, Google has cracked down on that sort of thing, at least in Google Play. I just did a quick browse in Play and found a lot of such apps with recent views along the lines of "Since the update videos no longer play in the background, making this app useless. One star"....that sort of thing.

I gather some OEM Android skins allow YouTube to play in the background. I base that only on what I've read here on CB, not on personal experience. I can't imagine Google is happy about that, and I'm surprised they haven't put something in OHA rules to stop it.

I wouldn't expect it to work on the Priv, nor would I expect an Android version of something like FastTube anytime soon.
    It works in browser on BlackBerry 10. Do you think it might work on any other third party browsers?

I listen to Youtube vids a lot while doing other things. This would be a HUGE loss of functionality for me.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 08:46 AM

I don't think ads are the main reason for not allowing youtube to run in the background. I can think of other reasons as well:
    1. sound + video consumes a lot of data and while running in the background the video part is useless
    2. Google is working on something called "youtube music" (and they had a page to sign-up for the beta youtube music key) where only sound is streamed
    2. Google wants you to use Google play music where you can buy a subscription or even add your own music right from your computer.
    10-19-15 09:49 AM
    White flag, on the contrary, this is their last viable fighting move. Do you want them to keep making BlackBerry 10 devices? They've made lots of them, and have lost money on them all. Repeating a behavior, and expecting a different outcome is the definition of insanity. BlackBerry 10 has not made them a dime. BlackBerry's board of directors responsibility is to generate value for the company and its investors. It isn't to please the few fan boys that are left. And I consider myself a fan boy and love BlackBerry 10 and hate Android.

What would you propose BlackBerry have done instead? You're expecting them to go out of business just so you can have one more failed BlackBerry 10 device.

Posted via CB10
    No, you don't continue BB10 for "a few fanboys."

What you do is properly support your product, both technically and actually selling your product (PR, Marketing, Brand maintenance, etc). Things BlackBerry CHOSE not to do. These things both maintain and build a CUSTOMER base.

All of this "What would you have them do"? Stuff to justify going to Android is based on a false premise--that is that they did everything well with BB10. They didn't. Abandoning a solid Technology (BB10), and NOT continuing its development (both technologically and otherwise) is a choice, which has LED them to where they are today.

Stop treating BlackBerry leadership as if they are helpless victims of chance, rather than their own incompetence. That incompetence hasn't ended because they decided that Android was a CHEAPER path to follow.

They ARE repeating the same behavior and expecting a different outcome--you just don't realize it. Switching to Android is NOT the key issue that will solve the myriad of problems at BlackBerry. It will solve one--Ecosystem, which is a "solution" their former customers already found by leaving BlackBerry. To bring them back, they will need to address all the non-technical issues (the Brand remains a joke currently), as well as offering some major technical BENEFIT--not merely offering what everyone else offers (Android Ecosystem).

They are repeating the same behavior--NOT addressing their Brand Image, NOT marketing, NOT improving customer service, NOT communicating with customers (PR), while allowing their CEO to stick his foot in his mouth at every turn. The same behavior that led them to being seen as a joke, or nonexistent (to many consumers) has NOT been changed at all.

But people think that doing what everyone else is doing (using Android) is going to somehow overcome all those other issues, beyond the Ecosystem shortcomings. Good luck with that.

KAM
    10-19-15 10:03 AM
144 ... 23456