The problem I see with the hub is that BB will have to develop integrating apps themselves. Very few developers build apps with features specific to a certain OEM.
    10-13-15 04:39 AM
    No one said I was the king. And who said you don't have the right to express yourself, and what does that have to do with anything?

Here's a summary of what's happened so far:

You made a comment, which made no sense, that BlackBerry going Android is BS, as you so aptly pointed out I can post my opinion on your incorrect statement and discussed why it was wrong and asked you what alternative they had, you couldn't counter the argument so you changed the subject, you started crying you will NOT buy Android, which had nothing to do with the original argument but you changed the subject anyway because you had nothing to say, I point out that this has nothing to do with the original argument but BlackBerry is doing the right thing according to the numbers no matter how much you cry it's the right move. And you've been crying ever since.

So keep commenting how you feel, because no one ever said you couldn't. This is a forum please do! But don't cry and get defensive and say you have a right to your comments! Well so do I and everyone else here. So you're entitled to your comment that it's BS. And your entitled to not give proof or even offer an argument why. But then I'm also entitled to offer an argument why it isn't. If you want to be ignorant and not read my argument or offer a counter argument. Fine. Be ignorant. But then what is the point of a public forum if not to exchange ideas for your own growth?

And telling others we can't challenge you when you make an incorrect comment because you'll pout and cry, well to that I say, who made you the king of the thread?

Posted via CB10
    Well that took a lot of time to read but that's OK. Still feel that some people that feel Android is the only solution is BS. Blackberry could load some slider models with BB10 and some with Android. They keep saying they are a software company so they should be able to load the software I want in the device I want. What's the big deal?
    10-14-15 12:17 AM
    Well that took a lot of time to read but that's OK. Still feel that some people that feel Android is the only solution is BS. Blackberry could load some slider models with BB10 and some with Android. They keep saying they are a software company so they should be able to load the software I want in the device I want. What's the big deal?
    I believe it is cost prohibitive and not that simple. The new chip they are using would require millions of dollars in development for drivers. And why spend that money to sell a phone with an OS that has already been proven not profitable over the last few years? They aren't Apple or Microsoft with a treasure chest of money from which they can indefinitely recoup financial losses.

Posted via CB10
    RigoMonster likes this.
    10-14-15 06:10 AM
    Youtube in the background - Available from Android 5.0 and up
    Bedtime mode - not available, but I'm sure there are apps for that
    Custom profiles - Available from Android 4.4 and up
    Toast Notifications - Available from Android 5.0 and up
    BBM video - not available (yet)
    Gestures - Android is full of gestures, and many of them make more sense then the BB10 gestures
    Shortcut keys - not availabe, but you can program shortcuts on your homescreen really easy
    Speed dial from keyboard - not available, but you can place shortcuts for speed dialing on your homescreen
    BB10 browser - not available, but a load of other browsers are available in the app store
    Actually I forgot where I heard it, but speed dial shortcuts ARE available.
    10-14-15 06:21 AM
    I also have a concern as to how you access the HUB. Let's see

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2639
    If I'm not mistaken from the Baka leak, you swipe up and right on the home button to launch the hub. Swipe up and left for the assistant search.

N4BB also claims they are optimizing that so it's closer to BB10, so let's wait and see.

I don't mind this actually, I miss the wave launcher from webOS.
    10-14-15 06:24 AM
    I guess the question is, will all the Blackberry droid apps from the Priv be available for just any droid device via the Play store?

Posted via CB10
    Supposedly earlier they said the BlackBerry Experience Suite will be available for both iOS and Android.
    10-14-15 06:25 AM
    The problem I see with the hub is that BB will have to develop integrating apps themselves. Very few developers build apps with features specific to a certain OEM.
    Unless there partnership with Google has materialized into Google allowing Android app developers the option to have Hub integration added to their apps. I suspect we'll see lots of big name apps provide updates quickly to take advantage of such a feature.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    10-14-15 06:41 AM
    Unless there partnership with Google has materialized into Google allowing Android app developers the option to have Hub integration added to their apps. I suspect we'll see lots of big name apps provide updates quickly to take advantage of such a feature.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    But why would app developers spend the time to bother yet? I would imagine it may not be worth the effort unless the phone sells well.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 06:44 AM

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    Google has nothing to do with OEM specific features. For example Samsung has a developer SDK for their specific features on Android phones: Samsung GALAXY | SAMSUNG Developers

The problem is that most devs won't bother with such things. If the feature catches on, then maybe, but very few devs will take their time to integrate their apps with another app that so far isn't even released yet and will be sued maybe by 0.1% of the Android world.
    10-14-15 07:38 AM
    The big deal is the cost. John Chen even mentioned it in the earnings call. They would have to pay Qualcomm to develope drivers for this hardware for BlackBerry 10. And it is very very expensive to do that. And he doesn't want to spend that money because they won't sell enough BlackBerry 10 units to cover the cost. I'd LOVE a BlackBerry 10 slider. But it would cost BlackBerry too much. I don't like it either, but they'll sell way more sliders with Android . Hopefully we will get a lot of BlackBerry 10 apps and experience put on Priv.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-15 08:18 AM
    Supposedly earlier they said the BlackBerry Experience Suite will be available for both iOS and Android.
    Yes, BB *have* said the BB Experience Suite will be available cross-platform... IIRC, even WinPhone was mentioned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    10-14-15 08:49 AM
    I believe it is cost prohibitive and not that simple. The new chip they are using would require millions of dollars in development for drivers. And why spend that money to sell a phone with an OS that has already been proven not profitable over the last few years? They aren't Apple or Microsoft with a treasure chest of money from which they can indefinitely recoup financial losses.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you for your assumptions but I'm no expert and also assume that if they have drivers for existing keyboards and existing screen sizes if would not be difficult. After all they say they are a software company.
    10-15-15 12:08 AM
    The big deal is the cost. John Chen even mentioned it in the earnings call. They would have to pay Qualcomm to develope drivers for this hardware for BlackBerry 10. And it is very very expensive to do that. And he doesn't want to spend that money because they won't sell enough BlackBerry 10 units to cover the cost. I'd LOVE a BlackBerry 10 slider. But it would cost BlackBerry too much. I don't like it either, but they'll sell way more sliders with Android . Hopefully we will get a lot of BlackBerry 10 apps and experience put on Priv.

Posted via CB10
    Not sure about the cost and I can't speak as a software expert but they have existing drivers for both PKB and screen size. I am not ready to follow Chen on this issue so he will loss at least one customer for the slider unless there is a BB10 model.
    10-15-15 12:17 AM
    "More fluid and intuitive than bb10" hahahaha good one! That's rich lmao.

Posted via CB10
    lol lol yea I'm with you there
    acovey likes this.
    10-15-15 12:35 AM
    Go read articles and forums posts at Android sites like Android Central and Android Authority. Your doubts will be removed. Android fans are "excited to go back to BlackBerry " to paraphrase.
    I think these excited Android fans are excited to go back to BlackBerry but when they arrive it's "Android Central" Station they arrive at... with the Disneyland versions of "Old England" and "The Wild West" by way of BlackBerry apps on Android.

Android fans thinking they're getting a "BlackBerry Experience" on Android are in for a big surprise.... not the good kind. More like the kind of surprise that met Star Wars fans when they saw "Phantom Menace". Medichlorians. C-3PO was built by Darth Vader. Ugh. I mean, couldn't C-3PO have just been another of Queen Amidala's droid entourage? It would have been very appropriate to have C-3PO there advising the queen on matters of protocol (since she isn't born into the role), but... well, maybe Disney will just retcon the bleep out of Phantom Menace... if Lucas can do it ("Han shot first!") then so can Disney!
    acovey likes this.
    10-15-15 12:51 AM
    They probably can. Just that they don't want.
    What's the point? For 0.3%? Too little too late. People voted with their wallets

If they get even 1% of the 82.8% of android market share, they would get 0.828% of the overall market. Already double the current.
    http://www.idc.com/prodserv/smartpho...rket-share.jsp
    10-15-15 03:29 AM
    Thank you for your assumptions but I'm no expert and also assume that if they have drivers for existing keyboards and existing screen sizes if would not be difficult. After all they say they are a software company.
    This driver issue has been reiterated by people in these forums that do understand the issue. Even Bla1ze. I don't think everyone is lying.

Even if they could, why would they? Why keep investing in a product line that doesn't sell enough to make it profitable for them? Even Kevin thought the appropriate strategic move was to go Android years ago. It is not a sustainable aspect of their business.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Emaderton3; 10-15-15 at 05:51 AM.
    10-15-15 05:38 AM
    Not sure about the cost and I can't speak as a software expert but they have existing drivers for both PKB and screen size. I am not ready to follow Chen on this issue so he will loss at least one customer for the slider unless there is a BB10 model.
    It's drivers for the new chipset on the new hardware. It doesn't exist for that hardware to actually run the BlackBerry 10 OS. To create them BlackBerry would have to pay Qualcomm a lot of money, and it would take time. Qualcomm has to build them, but these drivers are much more complicated then say something like a video card driver for Windows. Not a small task.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-15 07:45 AM
    I didn't even think about this, but speed dial from keyboard is huge for me...I love this feature and hope it comes out of the box on the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-15 08:29 AM
    They probably can. Just that they don't want.
    What's the point? For 0.3%? Too little too late. People voted with their wallets

If they get even 1% of the 82.8% of android market share, they would get 0.828% of the overall market. Already double the current.
    IDC: Smartphone OS Market Share 2015, 2014, 2013, and 2012
    And who says Android will do any better? From my point of view their down a customer for the slider.
    10-17-15 10:33 PM
    This driver issue has been reiterated by people in these forums that do understand the issue. Even Bla1ze. I don't think everyone is lying.

Even if they could, why would they? Why keep investing in a product line that doesn't sell enough to make it profitable for them? Even Kevin thought the appropriate strategic move was to go Android years ago. It is not a sustainable aspect of their business.

Posted via CB10
    Quotes from Android fans don't make your comments true.
    10-17-15 10:37 PM
    It's drivers for the new chipset on the new hardware. It doesn't exist for that hardware to actually run the BlackBerry 10 OS. To create them BlackBerry would have to pay Qualcomm a lot of money, and it would take time. Qualcomm has to build them, but these drivers are much more complicated then say something like a video card driver for Windows. Not a small task.

Posted via CB10
    Well you just run up your white flag and surrender and get your fart apps.
    10-17-15 10:41 PM
    Quotes from Android fans don't make your comments true.
    So Kevin and Bla1ze are just uninformed fanboys?

Posted via CB10
    10-17-15 11:07 PM
    Youtube in the background - Available from Android 5.0 and up
    Bedtime mode - not available, but I'm sure there are apps for that
    Custom profiles - Available from Android 4.4 and up
    Toast Notifications - Available from Android 5.0 and up
    BBM video - not available (yet)
    Gestures - Android is full of gestures, and many of them make more sense then the BB10 gestures
    Shortcut keys - not availabe, but you can program shortcuts on your homescreen really easy
    Speed dial from keyboard - not available, but you can place shortcuts for speed dialing on your homescreen
    BB10 browser - not available, but a load of other browsers are available in the app store

I have Android 5.0.2 and those features aren't as great. And YouTube video does not play in the background.

Every time you minimize the window or open a new tab, it will stop the video. Going back to the window will result in refreshing the page as well. So imagine watching a video and halfway through you went to check on a message. You go back, it's going to refresh and you'll have to watch the video from the start.

There are good and bads. I would prefer BB10 much over Android. It's clunky.

The grass is not always greener on the other side.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 12:09 AM
    Android is not as bad as some are telling you. Yes, it's less safe, but the operating system is more fluid and intu�tieve than BB10.
    I switched from my Classic to a lower priced Android, and I must admit that the Android is much faster operating.

You are entitled to your opinion, but I respectfully disagree with this statement.

Posted via CB10
    LMAO.

I have a Classic and an Adroid 5.0.2. It is not a fast OS.

Open multiple tabs in your browser. Have fun with that.
    Hey listening to music? Do you mind changing to the next track? Oh, do it without looking. Oh that's right. You have to turn on the screen so you can tap on the next track button.

Watching a video on your browser? Oh could you quickly read that last email for me please? Great, you can go watch your video in the browser again. Sorry, I forgot to tell you the browser is going to refresh now and it's gonna have to reload the video from the start.

Hey, mind writing a comment in a forum when using your browser? Okay, I'm gonna send you an email and just quickly read it. Mind just taking a few minutes away from writing that comment to read the email? OH snap sorry don't leave the browser because once you do, it's going to refresh the webpage and everything you wrote will be lost.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 12:19 AM
144 12345 ...