Great positive thread

PIN 829A "You're only known for the worst thing you do" DSO 1978
    10-07-15 08:18 AM
    What cpu on that lower priced android? I disagree that it's much faster. Apps might load faster but task switching isn't.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    Snapdragon 410 with 2GB ram (Wiko Pure) and a lovely amoled screen.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-07-15 12:36 PM
    Thanks for the info Ruudco!

Really happy to hear about YouTube in background and I hope I like Android's implementation of toasts.

I guess with gestures I'm really going to miss up and to the right from any screen to be in hub. I really hope BlackBerry throws that in. I have a feeling BlackBerry will add keyboard shortcuts and speed dial. They are after all toting that this is Android with a BlackBerry keyboard, so I'm guessing they want it fully functional.

I know there are other browser but I really like BlackBerry 10's. Smooth and fast, even with many browsers open. Chrome crashes on my PC. So not excited for it on smartphone.

Posted via CB10
    I have found the browser to be problematic as websites are now using html5--they freeze up for me.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 06:22 AM
    Go read articles and forums posts at Android sites like Android Central and Android Authority. Your doubts will be removed. Android fans are "excited to go back to BlackBerry " to paraphrase.

Posted via CB10
    Don't read Android sites, don't care. There not returning to Blackberry, their switching Android suppliers.
    KAM1138 likes this.
    10-09-15 12:38 AM
    Don't read Android sites, don't care. There not returning to Blackberry, their switching Android suppliers.
    Don't go read them. That's fine. But you wanted proof that switching to Android would sell, so I gave you your proof. If you want to ignore the truth that's fine.

Be angry with BlackBerry all you want. BlackBerry 10 is pretty much dead, switching to Android didn't cause this. It's the other way around. BlackBerry 10's sales failure forced them in to a corner. This is their last chance to not stop building phones all together.

I don't get why you're so stubborn. Adapt or die brother. I probably love BlackBerry 10 more than you, but I also understand the reality of the situation. And keep your mind open, maybe we'll like Android.

Friendly tip while you're not looking up Android reviews, look up the "they're."

Posted via CB10
    10-09-15 07:52 AM
    Pysical Keyboard;

[Space] and B = Scroll Down on the apps.

T and P = Scroll Up on the apps.

Like BlackBerry 10 with pysical keyboard.
    -Puck- likes this.
    10-10-15 12:26 AM
    Here's what I want to see :
    The HUB triage
    Instant replies
    Blend
    BBM video
    Keyboard Shortcuts all around the OS (like T for Top, R for reply, R in browser for reader mode; they are endless, all of them)
    Speed dials and app launch Shortcuts (like they are post 10.3.1)
    Multiple color LED notifications
    Ability to hide contents from lock screen notifications
    Ability to turn off the screen lighting up after each new msg. Right now there is an ability to choose between the two. Would like that.

OP, unfortunately the gestures won't be there all around the OS but there will be the gesture to swipe from bottom and towards the right for the HUB as has been shown from leaked pictures.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2639
    10-10-15 12:55 AM
    The HUB triage
    Instant replies
    Blend
    BBM video
    Keyboard Shortcuts all around the OS (like T for Top, R for reply, R in browser for reader mode; they are endless, all of them)
    Ability to turn off the screen lighting up after each new msg. Right now there is an ability to choose between the two. Would like that.

OP, unfortunately the gestures won't be there all around the OS but there will be the gesture to swipe from bottom and towards the right for the HUB as has been shown from leaked pictures.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2639
    You forget :

- Picture password
    - BlackBerry Protect
    - Flick Type

I'm sure I forget something too.

Posted via my Z30 (10.3.2.2639)
    10-10-15 05:49 AM
    I haven't seen that very important swipe yet, just the hold center icon for the Hub app shortcut. Big difference with no Peak
    Have you seen other evidence?

The HUB triage
    Instant replies
    Blend
    BBM video

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2639

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 05:49 AM
    You forget :

- Picture password
    - BlackBerry Protect
    - Flick Type

I'm sure I forget something too.

Posted via my Z30 (10.3.2.2639)
    Yes for all of those!

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2639
    10-10-15 08:55 AM
    I haven't seen that very important swipe yet, just the hold center icon for the Hub app shortcut. Big difference with no Peak
    Have you seen other evidence?

Posted via CB10
    Just saw the video again, you are right, I thought it was the swipe gesture. That sure is a bummer! Damn

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2639
    10-10-15 08:57 AM
    The HUB triage
    Instant replies
    Blend
    BBM video

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2639
    Are you sure about swipe up and right for hub? Which leaked pic is that in? I saw in the Naka communication hand on vid he held the circlue button for hub button to appear. But then looks like you need to press hub.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 02:08 PM
    I did see in an Android Lolipop video recently it looked like the user did a swipe to the right and Chrome was on the screen where Hub would be on BlackBerry 10. Anyone know what that is? Does Android have swipes like that?

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 02:30 PM
    Never thought about losing B for bottom of page and T for top!! That would drive me nuts.

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    10-10-15 02:56 PM
    There are some swiping apps.

That being said, it sounds like an opportunity for a developer to recreate some BlackBerry 10 features.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 03:22 PM
    Go read articles and forums posts at Android sites like Android Central and Android Authority. Your doubts will be removed. Android fans are "excited to go back to BlackBerry " to paraphrase.

Posted via CB10
    Remains to be seen. With the number of Android alternatives available, I don't see a mass migration back to BlackBerry and BB10 fans won't flock to the Priv regardless of the inclusion of some of the BB10 features. I hope I'm wrong but my feeling is this is BlackBerry 's hardware swan song.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 09:37 PM
    I guess the question is, will all the Blackberry droid apps from the Priv be available for just any droid device via the Play store?

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 10:11 PM
    My first concern is Hub, emailing sys and keypad. If these three things are in Priv. I will go for it.

Z30 10.3.2.2789 thru CB10
    AmritD likes this.
    10-10-15 11:19 PM
    Don't go read them. That's fine. But you wanted proof that switching to Android would sell, so I gave you your proof. If you want to ignore the truth that's fine.

Be angry with BlackBerry all you want. BlackBerry 10 is pretty much dead, switching to Android didn't cause this. It's the other way around. BlackBerry 10's sales failure forced them in to a corner. This is their last chance to not stop building phones all together.

I don't get why you're so stubborn. Adapt or die brother. I probably love BlackBerry 10 more than you, but I also understand the reality of the situation. And keep your mind open, maybe we'll like Android.

Friendly tip while you're not looking up Android reviews, look up the "they're."

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the grammar lesion BUT still will NOT buy an Android phone with a Blackberry label stuck on it.
    vanrickman likes this.
    10-11-15 12:12 AM
    My first concern is Hub, emailing sys and keypad. If these three things are in Priv. I will go for it.

Z30 10.3.2.2789 thru CB10
    I also have a concern as to how you access the HUB. Let's see

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2639
    10-11-15 02:45 AM
    Thanks for the grammar lesion BUT still will NOT buy an Android phone with a Blackberry label stuck on it.
    Nobody said you had to. But I'm taking you back for the third time to your point that BlackBerry going Android is, and I'm quoting you, "BS." and I've proven to you twice that it isn't. And you've ignored it and changed the subject twice. And all I've been interested in is showing you that it is the correct business move. I've never once cared about what phone you're deciding to buy.

Good for you for, nobody, not me, and definitely not BlackBerry, cares which phone you buy. They'll be gaining for more users by going Android then they are losing. FAR MORE. And old fan boys who decide to be stubborn are of no concern. Good bye and thanks for all your past support of BlackBerry. Now we're just concerned with future supporters.

Posted via CB10
    Shadowyugi and RigoMonster like this.
    10-11-15 03:32 AM
    Something I missed previously I guess, universal search from the PKB, and music controls on the volume buttons.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2639
    10-11-15 12:36 PM
    Nobody said you had to. But I'm taking you back for the third time to your point that BlackBerry going Android is, and I'm quoting you, "BS." and I've proven to you twice that it isn't. And you've ignored it and changed the subject twice. And all I've been interested in is showing you that it is the correct business move. I've never once cared about what phone you're deciding to buy.

Good for you for, nobody, not me, and definitely not BlackBerry, cares which phone you buy. They'll be gaining for more users by going Android then they are losing. FAR MORE. And old fan boys who decide to be stubborn are of no concern. Good bye and thanks for all your past support of BlackBerry. Now we're just concerned with future supporters.

Posted via CB10
    And who made you an expert and the king of this thread. I will comment any way I feel that reflects my opinion and to me it is BS.
    10-12-15 12:12 AM
    And who made you an expert and the king of this thread. I will comment any way I feel that reflects my opinion and to me it is BS.
    No one said I was the king. And who said you don't have the right to express yourself, and what does that have to do with anything?

Here's a summary of what's happened so far:

You made a comment, which made no sense, that BlackBerry going Android is BS, as you so aptly pointed out I can post my opinion on your incorrect statement and discussed why it was wrong and asked you what alternative they had, you couldn't counter the argument so you changed the subject, you started crying you will NOT buy Android, which had nothing to do with the original argument but you changed the subject anyway because you had nothing to say, I point out that this has nothing to do with the original argument but BlackBerry is doing the right thing according to the numbers no matter how much you cry it's the right move. And you've been crying ever since.

So keep commenting how you feel, because no one ever said you couldn't. This is a forum please do! But don't cry and get defensive and say you have a right to your comments! Well so do I and everyone else here. So you're entitled to your comment that it's BS. And your entitled to not give proof or even offer an argument why. But then I'm also entitled to offer an argument why it isn't. If you want to be ignorant and not read my argument or offer a counter argument. Fine. Be ignorant. But then what is the point of a public forum if not to exchange ideas for your own growth?

And telling others we can't challenge you when you make an incorrect comment because you'll pout and cry, well to that I say, who made you the king of the thread?

Posted via CB10
    RigoMonster likes this.
    10-12-15 09:12 AM
    Thanks for the info Ruudco!

Really happy to hear about YouTube in background and I hope I like Android's implementation of toasts.

I guess with gestures I'm really going to miss up and to the right from any screen to be in hub. I really hope BlackBerry throws that in. I have a feeling BlackBerry will add keyboard shortcuts and speed dial. They are after all toting that this is Android with a BlackBerry keyboard, so I'm guessing they want it fully functional.

I know there are other browser but I really like BlackBerry 10's. Smooth and fast, even with many browsers open. Chrome crashes on my PC. So not excited for it on smartphone.

Posted via CB10
    About gestures, From the leaked video, the hub will be easily accessible by swiping up from the virtual home button. Once you swipe up, you'll see three options : access search, access google now, and access hub. So the hub is most likely a swipe away, quite similar with BlackBerry 10 OS.

 Passport via CB10 || previous device : Q10, Z3, Z10, Storm 9530, 8520, 8530, 9000, 8320
    10-13-15 02:40 AM
144 1234 ...